If Dallas finishes with a top 8 pick

aria

Reaction score
Jerry should call Romo and see if he can get the “home town discount”.

I’m being completely sarcastic but sadly most of you would love that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am hearing good things about Lock, Grier, and Haskins as well. All these guys are big strong arm prospects.

Lock doesn't look bad at all.

The Auburn guy is getting some hype as well.

I just want a QB that has no questions about his ability to throw all over the yard.

Grier, Herbert, and Lock fit that mold.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
how do you feel about them moving up to #1 to guarantee they get their QB, even though many of the losing teams right now don't need a QB? I don't want some random team with a higher pick to snipe them out of their player by trading up ahead. I'd rather they go all out in the 2019 draft, grab their player, and hope they can do something with our current team before everyone is wasted like we've been doing.

This also means JG is gone because I don't want him to have the excuse he needs 3 years with a new QB to be properly evaluated.
First, you'd have to assess how many might go up for a QB and if there is another that might move ahead, then go up for the guy that you've decided is the overall #1 QB and right now that would probably be Grier or Herbert. If it's close enough then no need to give up too much to get to that #1 spot.

You'd have to start with the draft order and make some assumptions about which will stay put and take their pick. There are some very good players at most positions and if a team that took one in the 1st is above us, most likely they wouldn't pull the trigger on a second one but they might trade with a team that would.

Start with the teams that will be in the market for a QB. I think the NYG head that list. Followed closely by OAK. Then there's the annual Rothliesberger retirement talk.

slick325

Reaction score
I like Lock...if Dallas lands him I'd be happy with the move.

WeaponX

Reaction score
how do you feel about them moving up to #1 to guarantee they get their QB, even though many of the losing teams right now don't need a QB? I don't want some random team with a higher pick to snipe them out of their player by trading up ahead. I'd rather they go all out in the 2019 draft, grab their player, and hope they can do something with our current team before everyone is wasted like we've been doing.

This also means JG is gone because I don't want him to have the excuse he needs 3 years with a new QB to be properly evaluated.
I'm absolutely all for it. This would also mean we'll have an additional 5 years of QB play on a rookie deal, so we should be able to build the team up around them by that time. The defensive arrow is pointing up, and Zeke is the real deal. Draft the QB, give him some weapons, and run with it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
if we're in the top 8....right now it's Justin Herbert,QB-Oregon or N'Keal Harris,WR-Az State.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
It is a hard situation, drafting a QB almost dashes any SB hopes for the next three years. We are a young team on one hand yet not that young, we have some key players that are in their primes. If we end up in the top 5 I say draft Herbert (the only QB worth trading up for) otherwise I advocate trying to pry Brissett from the Colts.
That was for a running back. QBs are franchise cornerstones.

Old jerrah thinks we have our franchise QB.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You do it if its available. Herbert is looking like a legit franchise player, so I f a QB needy team gets # 1, it like wont be available.

rags747

Reaction score
The Giants are going to trade up to #1, and they'll be in a better position to do it.

If the Cowboys want a QB, the hope better be that they like the guy the Giants don't.
Why do u see the Giants being in a better position to do it?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Why do u see the Giants being in a better position to do it?
B/c they're going to be picking top 5. If both teams need to trade up to #1 to get a QB, the #4 is a better bargaining tool than the #8

cowboyec

Reaction score
with JJ's comments today about Dak...there goes Herbert....so Im hopin' Harry is the guy.