If Dallas wins next 2 games you will all be back on board with the team***Merged***

DandyDon52

Reaction score
be back on board with the team, and it will make the Carolina game exciting.
Dallas 4-6 playing what may be a undefeated team in Dallas.
At that point Dallas needs to beat them too, to make a statement.

Now this is all contingent with winning in TB and Miami, but Dallas is I think better on the road,
and of course Tony may be back for Miami game.

So This next game in Tampa is huge, and I think Matt knows this is his last start, so he will want to win,
and I think they all now just want to win one, and TB is not a gimme or easy win, but doable.

With our coaches I dont have a lot of confidence, but i think the players may take it upon themselves
to win this one.

I predicted a loss the last 2 games, but I am now predicting a win for the cowboys, one that could be
the start of a win streak.
3-6
4-6
5-6 at this point things would be looking different ?

RunDMC

Reaction score
Just take it one game at a time man. Beat Tampa Bay. That's what this team needs. Get their confidence back by winning a game. Then maybe they can string some together. Have a hard time seeing the Eagles run away with this division. I don't think they're good enough to do that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Just take it one game at a time man. Beat Tampa Bay. That's what this team needs. Get their confidence back by winning a game. Then maybe they can string some together. Have a hard time seeing the Eagles run away with this division. I don't think they're good enough to do that.

Well they should focus on one game at a time, but at this point they need to look at the bigger picture, which says they cant lose again
if they want to be in playoffs.
They need to be desperate to win this TB game , not just look at it as another game they need to win, it is like a playoff game.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The only thing that's going to change for me if we win the next 2 is maybe a more relaxed and better mood on Sunday/Monday night. This season is bringing back some bad memories of the Campo era and its going to take more than a win or 2 to get that taste out of my mouth.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
95 other teams have been sitting at 2-6 thinking the exact same thing.........if we win next week, we can get on a roll and still make the playoffs.

How did it work out for those 95 teams?..................................0-95

Just adding some perspective to the task in front of us.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
95 other teams have been sitting at 2-6 thinking the exact same thing.........if we win next week, we can get on a roll and still make the playoffs.

How did it work out for those 95 teams?..................................0-95

Just adding some perspective to the task in front of us.

How many of them were adding the second most valuable player in the league from the previous season and played in a division where the best team is half a game over .500?

P.S. The answer is none of them.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Look guys. Here's the deal. If we win the next three like the OP states then we are likely 1 game out of 1st place with 5 to go because I expect the Giants and Eagles to lose to New England.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Look guys. Here's the deal. If we win the next three like the OP states then we are likely 1 game out of 1st place with 5 to go because I expect the Giants and Eagles to lose to New England.

One of those 3 games is against the undefeated Panthers.........and Romo will be coming off only 4 days of rest.........going to be tough.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Winning the TB game is what's important. Not for some crap one game at a time rhetoric, but because it serves two legitimate purposes. A) it helps regain some confidence for everyone not named Romo. B) it gives Romo a little bit of breathing room. Right now the team has 2 losses to play with. I would much rather give Romo room for 2 losses than expect him to carry the team to a 6-1 or record againsta tough schedule.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Winning the TB game is what's important. Not for some crap one game at a time rhetoric, but because it serves two legitimate purposes. A) it helps regain some confidence for everyone not named Romo. B) it gives Romo a little bit of breathing room. Right now the team has 2 losses to play with. I would much rather give Romo room for 2 losses than expect him to carry the team to a 6-1 or record againsta tough schedule.

I don't see how we have 2 losses to play with..............we are 2-6 and 2 more losses will put us at 8-8...........I don't think 8-8 wins the division, not when the Giants already have 5 wins.

I may be wrong, but I do not think the Cowboys have ever won the East with a record of 500 or below since their inception in 1960. In fact, it has only happened just a couple of times in NFL history that a team wins their division at 500 or worse.

I think we have 1 loss to play with.............9-7 is the absolute worst we can be and still have a shot.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see how we have 2 losses to play with..............we are 2-6 and 2 more losses will put us at 8-8...........I don't think 8-8 wins the division, not when the Giants already have 5 wins.

I may be wrong, but I do not think the Cowboys have ever won the East with a record of 500 or below since their inception in 1960. In fact, it has only happened just a couple of times in NFL history that a team wins their division at 500 or worse.

I think we have 1 loss to play with.............9-7 is the absolute worst we can be and still have a shot.

You think Romo and the Boys can't go 6-1? I don't mean do you think he will do it. Do you think he *can't?*

Deep_South

Reaction score
We just need to beat Tampa Bay and go from there - win as many games as we can and see what happens. As hard as it is to believe right now, the ball will bounce our way at some point, and when it does we just have to pick it up and run with it as far as we can. I just hope it happens this Sunday, because winning a game will prime the pump for Tony's return.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
People are putting way too much on Romos shoulders. It doesn't even matter anymore, what do people think is going to happen, He's gonna run the table?

We still have one problem...somebody has to tell the Giants and Eagles to start losing games left and right. 9 wins won't win this division. Hell 10 games might get you a tie breaker. This season is all buy over.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
be back on board with the team, and it will make the Carolina game exciting.
Dallas 4-6 playing what may be a undefeated team in Dallas.
At that point Dallas needs to beat them too, to make a statement.

Now this is all contingent with winning in TB and Miami, but Dallas is I think better on the road,
and of course Tony may be back for Miami game.

So This next game in Tampa is huge, and I think Matt knows this is his last start, so he will want to win,
and I think they all now just want to win one, and TB is not a gimme or easy win, but doable.

With our coaches I dont have a lot of confidence, but i think the players may take it upon themselves
to win this one.

I predicted a loss the last 2 games, but I am now predicting a win for the cowboys, one that could be
the start of a win streak.
3-6
4-6
5-6 at this point things would be looking different ?

boysyarg1.gif

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You looked up the starting QBs for all 95 teams?

I am impressed.

exactly, lol we lost all 6 with no romo and 4 no dez, so this is sort of a unique situation.
If we had gone 2-6 with romo then I would say it is over too.
Most 2-6 teams are bad, dallas isnt that bad.