If Detroit is willing to trade Roy Williams..

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
..would:

1.) 2009 number 1 or 2
2.) Patrick Crayton
3.) Bobby Carpentar

be too much, too little, or just right?

Reaction score
I don't think you can trade all that for a guy who's going to be a free agent anyway.

I would trade them a 1 and Crayton though, because Crayton has done nothing but piss me off for a while now. It's like he stopped being able to catch everything when he decided he was a stud.

I wouldn't trade Carpenter though, because no matter how little he's done so far, we're one concussion to Zach Thomas away from needing him to start, because KB can't stay healthy.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2310875 said:
..would:

1.) 2009 number 1 or 2
2.) Patrick Crayton
3.) Bobby Carpentar

Just about right I think.

Crayton cant catch (other then his tip he has done jack this year) and Bobby cant tackle (65 yr old Zach Thomas would still be better than this bust).

A 2nd round pick and these two stiffs would be flat out raping the Lions.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Crayton just got a new deal and should be the #3 if RW was acquired.
Bobby, he is ST and LB depth. We need the LB depth and no reason to deal him.

Lions should bite for a 1 or 2. They need to rebuild. Time to deal off the value that won't help long term and get picks.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
isn't Tuesday the deadline? Or is it after the th week?

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
id give a 1st , or a 2nd and a player..... not a 1st and a player for a soon to be free agent...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
..would:

1.) 2009 number 1 or 2
2.) Patrick Crayton
3.) Bobby Carpentar

I think they'd be happy to get a #2 and Carpenter, the only reason the price would go up is if there were others competing to land him as well.

I don't think Crayton has any value to anyone but the Dallas Cowboys.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Millen were still there, something might get done.

With him, Detroit may opt to just ride this year out.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
dadymat;2311088 said:
id give a 1st , or a 2nd and a player..... not a 1st and a player for a soon to be free agent...

How about a 1st and Sam Hurd thrown in :D since we will have to many wr then

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I truly understand the potential of Austin and the sure-handedness of Crayton, even though he hasn't been so thus far this season.

But the problem seems evident to me.

Some say Witten is the #2 receiver here. But there is a flaw in this scenario. Witten can't score from anywhere on the field. He is not the greatest at breaking tackles.

He is a possession receiver, but that does not force teams into rethinking the double and triple on TO.

Austin doesn't have enough experience as yet. I thought the pick last week against the Skins was due more to Romo not seeing the linebacker due to defenders in the way and Austin not recognizing he must shield the ball to prevent a pick.

Crayton simply doesn't have the speed to be the type of threat needed.

This team needs someone who can make the other team pay if they try and take TO out of the game like today.

I like R Williams of Detroit. But that doesn't mean I am advocating for him specifically.

Teams will continue to frustrate TO until he acts out or we have someone who is a legitimate threat.

Just my opinion.

Aven8

Reaction score
TheCount;2311101 said:
I think they'd be happy to get a #2 and Carpenter, the only reason the price would go up is if there were others competing to land him as well.

I don't think Crayton has any value to anyone but the Dallas Cowboys.

I agree completely! A #2 and Carpenter. We will need to free up a roster spot, and Carpenter sucks big time! He could possibly succeed in there 4-3. He got blocked on the last 60 yd return from Holt and looked terrible!

If we don't at least try and pull this trigger for Roy we are done! You can right it down right now! I'm not saying that he will put us over the top, because our defense is so suspect, but it will at least give TO a chance. Green Bay exposed our weakness and each and every team will continue to do that....similar to the way New Orleans exposed our defense a couple of years ago. Crayton and Miles are just not good enough. They don't scare ANYBODY!!!! Miles, God love him, just looks excited to be out there. He's not a threat yet though.

If we don't make this move we will be sitting in here in the offseason, going back and forth talking about what could have been again. Mark my words. He may not put us over the top....but he will sure give us a better chance. The Giants look loaded all of the sudden on offense....and we HAVE to keep up! I'm even open to a first and Carp!!!!!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
..would:

1.) 2009 number 1 or 2
2.) Patrick Crayton
3.) Bobby Carpentar

wow, another Mike Lynn wannabe!

all of that is way too much...give them a #1 and a later pick, or maybe a #1 and Miles Austin. There's no way I'd give up Crayton in a deal to get him.