If Dez Was Released Soley Over Money, Why Are Players Scared To Talk?

cern

Reaction score
Beasly is on Twitter saying that he cant say what he wants to or else "I might be next".

Now if Dez was released soley because of his contract, why would Beasly have anything to worry about? Why would Beasly need to be very restricted in what he says if he didn't believe Dez questioning the offense had a role in his release?

Beasly, and I suspect some other players, clearly do think Dez was released for questioning the team and that is why they are scared to say anything on social media for fearing reprisal from the organization.
dez had been criticizing the coaches for several years now. it was his lack or production that was his eventual downfall. the tantrums were tolerated while he played at an elite level. but when the production fell off, it could no longer be allowed. strictly a business decision. and a very good one.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Bease is a smart guy. Switzer and Hurns are competing for his job, and there's been talk even on here about trading/releasing him - no doubt it's come up within the Cowboys FO. Rocking the boat is the last thing he wants to do right now.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Beasley really has nothing to worry about. We now know the Hurns signing was to cover themselves in case they can't draft a highly regarded prospect in the first or second round. The Thompson signing was to replace Brice Butler.

Beasley should hold off Ryan Switzer for at least another year. And his salary is a bargain, too.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
And BTW, the thing about Dez is I think a very passionate guy, but there's also a laziness there that Irvin or TO never had.

If you try to out-fight him for a jump ball or tackle him before the 1st down marker, that's where he gets angry and competitive, and there's no way he's losing. But if the ball's not going his way, he either mentally checks out or starts throwing fits on the sidelines. And his route running NEVER improved from early on in his career. He never worked to change his game after the injuries started piling up, even though he could've (and still can) carved out a nice second career as a possession receiver instead of a TD machine #1 wideout.

I think it's that laziness as much as anything that caused Dez to wear out his welcome. You can live with the antics and Dez dogging it some when he's scoring 14-16 touchdowns a year. When he's dropping balls, playing like trash, and still yelling at his staff on the sidelines, it becomes a lot more difficult.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
And its that simple. He didn't live up to the spirit of his deal,thus he was cut in a football decision. There really is nothing else to see here.

No. If it were as simple as Dez underperforming his contract they’d have asked him to take a pay cut. He’s still a valuable red zone weapon that draws unusual coverage. But they didn’t want him here at any price. Notwithstanding that the owner and GM loves him like a son. That indicates that there’s a ton more we’re not being shown here.

cern

Reaction score
Beasly is on Twitter saying that he cant say what he wants to or else "I might be next".

Now if Dez was released soley because of his contract, why would Beasly have anything to worry about? Why would Beasly need to be very restricted in what he says if he didn't believe Dez questioning the offense had a role in his release?

Beasly, and I suspect some other players, clearly do think Dez was released for questioning the team and that is why they are scared to say anything on social media for fearing reprisal from the organization.
but we don't know what Beasley really meant, do we.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
but we don't know what Beasley really meant, do we.

Beasley is the same guy that talked about how he’s the lowest paid WR on the roster and he can’t throw and catch it to himself.

I think we know what he meant

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

The logic doesn't follow.

You can think that Dez wasn't worth his money *and* think that pissing off the boss is a bad idea for your career. Two separate ideas, that can both be true.

You can also think that Linehan sucked big time last year. That's a separate idea too.

I happen to think all 3 are true. But all 3 are separate ideas.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Beasley might not fit into this scheme anymore or at least he has had thoughts on his future with the Cowboys. Expression paired with uncertainty equals whispers from the FO.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
if you make too many changes on Dak you are setting him up to fail. It takes time to get on same page with your WR Corp. Dak didnt have time in offseaon to work with the new additions ... besides it taking time from partying in Miami with Omar. :D

Lutonio

Reaction score
Wow, Beasley. I'd be hesitant to bash my bosses on social media, too.

visionary

Reaction score
I give him mucho cred for dealing with multiple ego's in that building for as long as he has. I don't think fans have a real idea how talented mentally you must be balancing it all out.

This is so confusing
So garretts a good HC because 'he has to deal with egoes'?
Silly me, I always thought a HCs job was to win games and win a SB
I guess you learn something new everyday

Verdict

Reaction score
Do you know anyone close to the team who says Dez was anything but a hardworking teammate or are you just making things up?

Man you just refuse to consider Dez part in this like a sixth grader. Surely you are objective enough to look at this fairly.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beasly sure doesn't seem to think "it was all business"...........he seemed genuinely scared to post on Twitter last night.

Very strange.
If he was really worried he wouldn't post anything.

Beasley has been a Twitter mental-midget over the years.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good point...................Garrett might have vastly more power than most fans realize and if you publicly criticize him, its not good for your career.
Try publically criticising Belichick. Logan Mankins and several others got a ticket out of town for doing it.

How long did the other #88 Bryant last after throwing a Jersey at Parcells.

Imagine somebody ripping Jimmy when he was here. He cut players for helping opponents up off the turf. He cut a player for fumbling in a meaningless game. He cut a player for dozing off in a meeting.

We are living in a world where too many self-important Soccer parents raised kids to get participation trophies and pushed the "everybody is a winner" mindset.