If Dwayne Haskins were to fall to our pick

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We save money, but we spin our wheels because we're not fixing the areas of the team that are the reason why we're not making Super Bowls.

I'm not for strategies that try to fix what isn't broken. It's like those who wanted to trade Lawrence for a draft pick when the likelihood that you are going to then be able to find Lawrence's equal in the draft isn't that high, and even if you did, you just blew your draft pick getting the same caliber of player.

We need to actually target areas that clearly need improvement. If we get all of those areas fixed, then we can talk about trying to upgrade other spots. But you know what, we'll never get there because there are always areas that need fixing.

I guess your mindset and mine are different. I think Dak is a problem...while it sounds like your comfortable with him. To each their own. I for one believe he isn't gonna get better. I've watched too much tape of him missing wide open people....making the wrong reads....not seeing people wide open. You get what you pay for...and for a late 4th round pick...I think he's already hit his ceiling.

Funny after all these years after Aikman...Jerry has refused to spend a high pick on a QB....going the cheap route time and again.:rolleyes:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
And why would you take him? See...this isn't so cut and dry. People may scoff @ this notion...but It could be a real possibility. I've been doing my mock drafts...and I got him slipping....and I don't see anybody taking him in the 1st.
You take him because he will be the best player on the board. Some draftnicks have him as the number 1 rated Quarterback in the draft. You take him like if Simmons fell to our pick. The draft is about value.

Hardline

Reaction score
And why would you take him? See...this isn't so cut and dry. People may scoff @ this notion...but It could be a real possibility. I've been doing my mock drafts...and I got him slipping....and I don't see anybody taking him in the 1st.
I don't see him getting past the Giants.
Most mocks have him going there.
Not saying thats going to happen but he's not getting out of the first round.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Do you draft him to replace Dak?

Just look @ it this way....Your saving money by not extending Dak...and giving him Tony Romo money...which he isn't worth it.

Rumors are floating around that he may be slipping.

Another ignorant thread. Yeah, lets just draft a QB and make him the starter over 32-17, NFL Rookie of the Year, 2 time in 3 yrs Pro Bowler. Yeah, that makes total sense. :facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Haskins is already Dak Prescott with a much better arm.
:facepalm: The hate based ignorance is just amazing here. Entertaining though. It’s like you guys are saying “Hey look at me, I’m a moron”.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d take Will Grier if he fell in 2nd round. Or I’d move up earlier in 2nd round if needed.

We need someone to push Dak in competition and a solid backup. What’s our answer if Dak gets hurt?

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
dak didnt compete with romo, or kellen, they both got hurt so Dak just was thrust into a starting role.
He would start out competeing with White/Rush.......yes but being a 2nd round pick he would rank way above those 2.

Not as I recall. Sure both were injured to start the season but by by mid-season Romo was back on the field and getting reps. Yep, We were on a roll and no need to mess it up but they certainly competed. Remember the T Ro statement "football is a meritocracy", nothing is handed to you, it's earned.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I’d take Will Grier if he fell in 2nd round. Or I’d move up earlier in 2nd round if needed.

We need someone to push Dak in competition and a solid backup. What’s our answer if Dak gets hurt?

I don't know Will Grier but agree that competition is good for all. From what I read tho, this is a weak QB draft class and taking a marginal QB in the second round sounds like a mistake with our other needs. We're gonna have to rely on White to develop and maybe a 7'th rounder or undrafted FA

Hardline

Reaction score
:facepalm: The hate based ignorance is just amazing here. Entertaining though. It’s like you guys are saying “Hey look at me, I’m a moron”.
I don't hate Dak. I actually admire him very much.
But I also know football very well.
And I don't sugar coat the truth.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Yes lets play musical chairs with QB. That's always a recipe for success. Then when Haskins gets here (he won't, he will be gone in the 1st round), you guys will say he's trash and overrated and then want to draft someone in 4 years. Rinse, repeat.

Dak is actually a leader. Romo was not even close to a leader. Also, Dak is better than Haskins.

And he will be well gone by the time we draft.
4 years...lol More like 1 or 2 if he were to really implode.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Another ignorant thread. Yeah, lets just draft a QB and make him the starter over 32-17, NFL Rookie of the Year, 2 time in 3 yrs Pro Bowler. Yeah, that makes total sense. :facepalm:

easy man, its just an opinion. heck there was some qbs everyone gets hyped on and they suck. most fans are Dak fans ok. you dont need to bash every poster over every post.

John813

Reaction score
If Haskins falls to 58 it's cause he beat up his girlfriend while smoking weed after testing positive for steroids while wearing **** paraphernalia clothing. Caught all on video, of course.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Man shut the hell up already

5208392.jpg

Worst poster on this site, hands down. All you do is ***** about people who dont blindly like everything about this team.

Mods how isnt this troll banned yet???