If Dwayne Haskins were to fall to our pick

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Yes lets play musical chairs with QB. That's always a recipe for success. Then when Haskins gets here (he won't, he will be gone in the 1st round), you guys will say he's trash and overrated and then want to draft someone in 4 years. Rinse, repeat.

Dak is actually a leader. Romo was not even close to a leader. Also, Dak is better than Haskins.

And he will be well gone by the time we draft.

If you are going to have to pay your decent but not great mediocre QB $30,000,000 to $40,000,000 to keep him even though he hasn’t won or proven anything, then musical chairs at QB may be the new best approach. Keep the rest of the team stacked with talent and keep drafting QBs every 3 or 4 years until you find one that proves he is worth that investment by taking you to a Super Bowl while still on his rookie deal. I’m not saying this is how I would go but with the money involved now and in the future, you certainly have to give it thought or come up with some other solution. You can’t pay a qb like Dak as if he is one of the best in the league. That is a recipe for going somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7 every single year. No thanks.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Every rookie QB doesn't do what Dak did his rookie season....in fact no rookie QB has ever did what Dak did. I'll pass and go for the chip now
Wait, let's see.....His footwork sucks, he has no accuracy to speak of and can't read defenses. I am sure that isn't all but just to name a few.

And yet we still made it to the playoffs last year.

So let's bring in a rookie qb that is coming out a year too early and replace our starter. Ya'll are killin me. Good discussion though. :)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do you draft him to replace Dak?

Just look @ it this way....Your saving money by not extending Dak...and giving him Tony Romo money...which he isn't worth it.

Rumors are floating around that he may be slipping.

So some rookie is going to come in and outplay Dak?

Another bozo analysis.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How do you figure?

Your not thinking about the team...and how much better we could be if we could keep it together....rather than paying a mediocure guy...elite money.:rolleyes:

You go down that road again of paying a quarterback 100+ mil....your gonna lose people.:popcorn:

Looks like you will just have to sit there with that confused look on your face as Dak gets a new contract, people continue to talk about him as a great young QB, he continues to make pro bowls and takes us to the playoffs.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I guess your mindset and mine are different. I think Dak is a problem...while it sounds like your comfortable with him. To each their own. I for one believe he isn't gonna get better. I've watched too much tape of him missing wide open people....making the wrong reads....not seeing people wide open. You get what you pay for...and for a late 4th round pick...I think he's already hit his ceiling.

Funny after all these years after Aikman...Jerry has refused to spend a high pick on a QB....going the cheap route time and again.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't say I'm totally comfortable with him. I certainly don't support the front office extending him yet because I think we've seen two different players in him so far. In 2016, he was franchise-quarterback worthy. You can say it was because of the circumstances, but no rookie had put together the type of season he did. In 2017, he was worthy of being replaced. You can blame it on the Elliott suspension, Chaz Green and Byron Bell having to play left tackle or whatever, but his season clearly wasn't good enough. In 2018, he was worthy of being replaced the first half of the season and franchise worthy the second half. Getting a legitimate receiver coincided with that change.

Now, you can say his play is too dependent on the circumstances, but you could say that about almost every quarterback. Do we know what Aikman would have been without Smith and Irvin? How about Joe Montana without Jerry Rice? (Frankly, they probably would have been Tony Romo.) I'm not saying that Dak is on that level, just that I don't think we've figured out what is going to be his level. Let it play out this year, and if he looks more like the 2017 player than the 2016 one, we have a first-round pick to use to "spend a high pick on a QB."

Worst thing we can do IMO at this point is extend him. Second-worst thing we can do IMO at this point is try to draft a replacement in the second round or later this year instead of letting this play out. Next year is when we address QB if we have to; this year, we try to put the best team we can around Dak and give him every opportunity to earn a second contract.

(And I'm also very curious about Mike White and want to see what progress he makes. He impressed me as the preseason wore on last year with both his arm strength and his decision-making.)

Kage

Reaction score
Why is this thread getting any traction?

He won't last past pick 15.

Move on.

MaaS

Reaction score
If Haskins falls to 58 there is something very, very wrong with him that we don't know about.

Disappointed in myself for responding to this lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Man shut the hell up already

5208392.jpg

Worst poster on this site, hands down. All you do is ***** about people who dont blindly like everything about this team.

Mods how isnt this troll banned yet???
No just the constant whiners like yourself.

Flamma

Reaction score
Do you draft him to replace Dak?

Just look @ it this way....Your saving money by not extending Dak...and giving him Tony Romo money...which he isn't worth it.

Rumors are floating around that he may be slipping.

If he's slipping that should tell you something. If there's not a better option on the board, why not? He might make a good insurance policy and nice backup. I'm just not throwing in the towel with Dak just yet. I'd rather let Dak play out this year and pay a fortune for him next year if that has to be the case.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So some rookie is going to come in and outplay Dak?

Another bozo analysis.

We just need him to be close or better to Dak in year 2.

Daks 20ish TDs won’t be hard to find.

Then we can avoid paying a mega contract and get similar production.

If the next QB is mediocre then do the same with him as well. Just don’t pay these average QBs elite QB money.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Move on.
It’s just another avenue for the constant whiners to whine. They will jump at every opportunity that comes along. It’s their character.

Hardline

Reaction score
We just need him to be close or better to Dak in year 2.

Daks 20ish TDs won’t be hard to find.

If the next QB is mediocre then do the same with him as well. Just don’t pay these average QBs elite QB money.
This sums it up really well

kskboys

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm totally comfortable with him. I certainly don't support the front office extending him yet because I think we've seen two different players in him so far. In 2016, he was franchise-quarterback worthy. You can say it was because of the circumstances, but no rookie had put together the type of season he did. In 2017, he was worthy of being replaced. You can blame it on the Elliott suspension, Chaz Green and Byron Bell having to play left tackle or whatever, but his season clearly wasn't good enough. In 2018, he was worthy of being replaced the first half of the season and franchise worthy the second half. Getting a legitimate receiver coincided with that change.

Now, you can say his play is too dependent on the circumstances, but you could say that about almost every quarterback. Do we know what Aikman would have been without Smith and Irvin? How about Joe Montana without Jerry Rice? (Frankly, they probably would have been Tony Romo.) I'm not saying that Dak is on that level, just that I don't think we've figured out what is going to be his level. Let it play out this year, and if he looks more like the 2017 player than the 2016 one, we have a first-round pick to use to "spend a high pick on a QB."

Worst thing we can do IMO at this point is extend him. Second-worst thing we can do IMO at this point is try to draft a replacement in the second round or later this year instead of letting this play out. Next year is when we address QB if we have to; this year, we try to put the best team we can around Dak and give him every opportunity to earn a second contract.

(And I'm also very curious about Mike White and want to see what progress he makes. He impressed me as the preseason wore on last year with both his arm strength and his decision-making.)

Montana won his first two super bowls w/o Rice.

However, I do agree w/ you, all Qb's need a team around them to win, including players who fit w/ them.

kskboys

Reaction score

Move on.
That's pretty much what I was going to say, along w/ the fact that I should not have clicked on this thread!!!!

Many scouts are claiming he may be the best Qb prospect in this draft. Good chance he goes top 5. Chances of him making it to our pick late in the 2nd round? Absolutely zero.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Wait, let's see.....His footwork sucks, he has no accuracy to speak of and can't read defenses. I am sure that isn't all but just to name a few.

And yet we still made it to the playoffs last year.

So let's bring in a rookie qb that is coming out a year too early and replace our starter. Ya'll are killin me. Good discussion though. :)
Has any rookie in NFL history ever did with Dak did as a rookie? Get out of your feeling and be truthful with yourself. The answer is no and there is no reason to believe that a drafted rookie can take us to the SB this year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We just need him to be close or better to Dak in year 2

Your hating opinion is far from the truth.

Your analysis is so biased and horrid, its not even worth discussing.

Guys like you clearly don't understand the QB position.