If Dwayne Haskins were to fall to our pick

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Has any rookie in NFL history ever did with Dak did as a rookie? Get out of your feeling and be truthful with yourself. The answer is no and there is no reason to believe that a drafted rookie can take us to the SB this year.
Dude, not sure what your trying to say. My post was sarcasm. I was saying between the lines that we should not even remotely think about replacing Dak with a rookie. I guess that means I am "out of my feeling".

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Dude, not sure what your trying to say. My post was sarcasm. I was saying between the lines that we should not even remotely think about replacing Dak with a rookie. I guess that means I am "out of my feeling".
No that would mean I did not get the sarcasm....good work though.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not necessarily.....for the quarterback position it takes longer. Does anyone really know how good Winston, Mariota, Carr, Goff and Wentz will be? I sure as hell don’t.
but they have some idea, my point was if we don't have an idea, then we suck....by now its also clear on Mariota, Goff, Wentz...etc.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Montana won his first two super bowls w/o Rice.

However, I do agree w/ you, all Qb's need a team around them to win, including players who fit w/ them.

Maybe I should have said without Bill Walsh. Innovative coaching plays a role as well.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's quite simple, if the coaching staff believes that Haskins has better potential to become a franchise QB than Dak - then yes, you should draft him. Not only are you getting a more talented QB, you are avoiding Dak's contract.

But this won't happen, our dopey owner his stupid son love Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
but they have some idea, my point was if we don't have an idea, then we suck....by now its also clear on Mariota, Goff, Wentz...etc.
It’s not clear though.

And mind you this organization tried to get Lynch and Connor Cook prior to settling for Dak. The NFL just isn’t easy especially at finding quarterback. Cowboys have been very fortunate in the quarterbacks that have come through here.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If Haskins falls to 58 it's cause he beat up his girlfriend while smoking weed after testing positive for steroids while wearing **** paraphernalia clothing. Caught all on video, of course.
LOL
I saw the simms vid on haskins, and he said haskins is good and wont fall that far, but he may fall due to
he didnt do well at the combine, only started 1 year, not many teams looking to draft a qb rds 1 and 2.
He has a lot of good tape, but also some bad tape.
The guy did have 50 tds to 7 or 8 ints though , and if a guy had that many td passes lol he is doing something good??

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's quite simple, if the coaching staff believes that Haskins has better potential to become a franchise QB than Dak - then yes, you should draft him. Not only are you getting a more talented QB, you are avoiding Dak's contract.

But this won't happen, our dopey owner his stupid son love Dak.
well it is a prove they didnt make a mistake, by going with dak over romo, so they feel they have to win something with dak.
Same thing with JG they want to win something with him too.
I think dak might play better if he had some competition.
and if they played haskins a game or 2 and he looked good, then they could either go with him, or trade him for a # 1 pick
Look at NE didnt they get something for garapolo?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
people talk about white, but I doubt he ever gets to play, he will fade into oblivion as a bkup here.
Playing in the PS these days is pretty much meaningless.
He would have to look amazing to get any attention.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If I’m taking a QB it’s Ryan Finley.

Funny...he's my number one guy in this draft. I'm shocked he hasn't got more pub. I think in 4 years...people will wonder how in the hell he slipped to day 2?

He's the next Nick Foles. Book it.:popcorn:

aria

Reaction score
I have no idea if he can get down the mental part of the game, but he has a better arm than Dak. I'd take him if you think Moore can develop him, even if you kept Dak. People pay big for good QB's and keeping a good one around for injury or trade is seldom a bad idea.
I guess you haven’t followed the QB’s for this years draft much? The one thing that impressed scouts, coaches, etc across the board the most at the combine were his white board drills. The guy is really, really football smart, especially for someone who only played one year. I just saw an interview with him on the NFL network where they brought up several plays and he described why every defender was where they were, why he looked one way and threw another, which line up they were in and how they tried to fool him.

I have serious questions about his speed and overall agility but the mental part is probably his biggest advantage, even moreso than his arm and size.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he falls to our pick, then something is seriously wrong with him. A QB doesnt fall from the top 10 to the bottom of the 2nd for nothing.

Its like Claussens free fall back in 2010 draft. At one point in the process he was Bradford biggest challenger to be #1. Wound up being a wasted pick by Carolina and they picked a QB #1 overall the next year