If Fans Ran This Team

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
We would have no coaching staff beyond Joe Avezano on Special Teams.

We would have Witten, Barber, Ware, Romo, and Folk and all the other current players would not be here since they are "simply not good enough."

That means we would have to fit 48 players into the remaining salary cap room and have no room to re-sign Ware.

But we'd be better off...somehow...don't ask me how...I have no friggin' clue.

But you know it probably works in Madden.

Too bad :madden:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Well, if this fan ran the team, the only change I'd make is firing the current GM.

:)

joseephuss

Reaction score
You are so wrong.

There were fans that wanted to get rid of Ware his rookie year because he was not Merriman.

There were fans that wanted to get rid of Barber his rookie year because he had fumbling problems during the pre-season.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Juke99;2395137 said:
Well, if this fan ran the team, the only change I'd make is firing the current GM.

Here here! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99;2395137 said:

Our current GM has us $6.27 under the cap, has this roster stocked with young talent that is respected around the NFL, and has built this organization back from the dead. There are teams that would kill to have our GM.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
THUMPER;2395144 said:
Here here! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Yep. Everything falls into place after that.

I am amazed at how fans can say "Wade this...Wade that..." I agree...Wade is a darn good coordinator...not a good coach. BUT he is who he is. WHO hired him?

Was Wade supposed to say "Nah Jerry...thanks for the offer but I don't think I can handle the job"

Fans,rightly so, bashed Campo for three seasons. Who made the value judgment that Campo could be the head coach?

And on and on...Ya can't run around yelling about how bad a coach Wade is without hammering Jerry the GM.

Jerry the GM is as bad as Jerry the Owner is good.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;2395152 said:
Our current GM has us $6.27 under the cap, has this roster stocked with young talent that is respected around the NFL, and has built this organization back from the dead. There are teams that would kill to have our GM.

Hostile;2395134 said:

We would have Witten, Barber, Ware, Romo, and Folk and all the other current players would not be here since they are "simply not good enough."

That means we would have to fit 48 players into the remaining salary cap room and have no room to re-sign Ware.

Careful Hos. You know what happens to the whiners around here if you throw out any fact and logic when posting.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile;2395152 said:

Built the organization back from the dead? Well, who killed it in the first place?

The cap has become a non issue in the NFL.

Your argument is like saying that a guy should be given great credit for building an incredible race car, under budget...and then forgetting to put in a steering wheel.

You're confusing Jerry the GM with Jerry the owner.

Great owner...LOUSY GM.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99;2395161 said:
Built the organization back from the dead? Well, who killed it in the first place?

The cap has become a non issue in the NFL.

Your argument is like saying that a guy should be given great credit for building an incredible race car, under budget...and then forgetting to put in a steering wheel.

You're confusing Jerry the GM with Jerry the owner.

Great owner...LOUSY GM.
No, I'm not. I don't agree that he is a lousy GM. JMO.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
tecmo_bowl.jpg

Look at that stop. This Cowboys team doesn't act like it wants to win.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile;2395162 said:
No, I'm not. I don't agree that he is a lousy GM. JMO.

OK. Cool. We'll agree to disagree.

IMO he's a lousy GM because he can't resist meddling. All the good that he does goes right out the window because of that. And when he meddles, IF he wasn't the owner, that would be a different story. There would be an objective source to go to IF he wasn't the owner.

When the GM is also the owner ALL balance of power is lost. Football is no different than any business organization.

Thank you for your thoughts...I'm off to finish my Cap'n Crunch cereal. :)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
what about the fans that knew getting rid of alot of the defensive staff was a bad decision, or trading ferguson away for nothing?

And if fans ran the team, they would hire a competent football person to run the football operations. Because we certainly dont have one now and all due respect to stephen jones but if he does not bring in a top level football guy to run the organization when it is his time then he is naive too.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;2395193 said:
what about the fans that knew getting rid of alot of the defensive staff was a bad decision, or trading ferguson away for nothing?

And if fans ran the team, they would hire a competent football person to run the football operations. Because we certainly dont have one now and all due respect to stephen jones but if he does not bring in a top level football guy to run the organization when it is his time then he is naive too.
I'd keep Ratliff over Ferguson.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Juke99;2395173 said:
OK. Cool. We'll agree to disagree.

IMO he's a lousy GM because he can't resist meddling. All the good that he does goes right out the window because of that. And when he meddles, IF he wasn't the owner, that would be a different story. There would be an objective source to go to IF he wasn't the owner.

When the GM is also the owner ALL balance of power is lost. Football is no different than any business organization.

Thank you for your thoughts...I'm off to finish my Cap'n Crunch cereal. :)

I agree with you in more levels than you can imagine. This is about the fans running the team. They do run the team because Jerry wants to keep his team popular for sales purposes. A good deal of Jerry is about sales and promotion. I swear that many of Jerry's decisions are focused on that. That is the problem with Jerry being the GM. We need a powerful experienced coach, not Wade or Garrett, that runs the team that makes good decisions, whether popular or not with the players, along with a GM, not Jerry, that manages the team and not the promotional aspects.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;2395204 said:
I'd keep Ratliff over Ferguson.

Umm, one has nothing to do with the other. You need them both.

We just gave away ferguson. IF ferguson was still here ratliff could play some end where he really excels.

Falling in love with celebrity players and free agents is Jerry's cryptonite. And tank is having a season that would get a rookie free agent released.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2395134 said:

If i was the HC of this team we'd be undefeated =) where do i sign up to be coach at?

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Have to agree with Hos on this one Juke ----I think Jerry has done a good job except --He tends to give the players what they want, ie an easier coach
then Parcells. He tends to think some players are worth resigning just because they play decent in a few games in their contract year(Flozell --biggest waste of money on this team -now -in the past and will be until we cut his --- )

And I was in favor of parcells coming and in favor of him leaving . I am now in favor of Wade being shown the door..and since we have cap space, throw Flozell out the door with them. (He is not playing bad because he is hurt -he has played that way nearly his whole career -) We have a very young and talented team that needs a slap in the face in the worst way --they need to know that they will be cut or traded.. The coaching staff needs to know they are one loss from the street...You can complain about Jones but he has never quit trying to give the coaches anything they need --he has put together a young and talented roster--but as bad as he wants to -he can play a single down for them --sorrry by long pend up rant

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2395134 said:

How are you typing with a straight jacket on? :p:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2395214 said:
It didn't have to be one or the other.
Yeah, it kind of did. Both had large contracts and Tank Johnson was a very cheap backup. So they traded one of the 3, the guy not likely to start but would be high paid.