If Henry Ruggs is Dallas's pick, what is your reaction?

If Henry Ruggs is Dallas's pick

• Total voters

reddyuta

Reaction score
nothing against Ruggs but he wont be much use for us this season at all,we need our 1st and 2nd RD picks to be starters,cant have them warming the bench.

Gaede

Reaction score
happy because i think he is an elite wr prospect and would probly be the best player available.

like mccarthy said...draft football players and let the coachs figure out how to use them. drafting need over bpa is almost always wrong and dumb.

Exactly. Ruggs is a day 1 impact player. You take those guys over lesser prospects, even if the lesser prospects fill an immediate need.

mcduff

Reaction score
He would be four or five slots low. What would the value be to go up to get that high in the first? That’s the value you leave on the table if you don’t take him. Good organizations don’t leave value on the table. Time for us to be a good organization if the opportunity presents.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
If he is available at 17 he would most likely be the best player available at a position of need and I wouldn't be mad at that. You should draft a WR every year, and the same goes for CB this year I wouldn't be mad if we double-dipped at both positions.

Gallup will be up in 2 years so getting ahead of the problem is not a bad idea that way we aren't where we are in our secondary.
I like that we signed Anthony Brown on a very affordable 3-year contract, but next year you will have questions at CB again with Lewis and Awuzie up for new deals.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Somwhere between indifferent and happy.
I said happy, but really, would ideally prefer to go in a different direction depending the board.

morasp

Reaction score
I would be excited because It would be a double win. First he would open up our entire offense without even catching a pass. Second that would mean the Eagles didn't get him. Ruggs is probably the offensive pick in draft that could have the biggest impact on the offense in his first year.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Fine as long as he is BPA.

A lot of crazy things are going to have to happen for that to be the case.

Mostly everyone would agree there are two WR better than Ruggs in this draft....at least.

How can a team be happy with the 3rd best WR in a draft at pick 17 with a defense like they have?

Unless most reports are wrong, chances are there will be several later round WR that end up better than him.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
It seems the consensus of his scouting reports is he struggles and cannot beat press coverage. No question in the open field this guy will run away from defenders. But this is the big leagues and teams will press him. However, can he play the slot and beat the coverage on the first step?

There are some really great assessments about when he gets past the line and catches the ball. He will scare the Hell out defenders and force teams to use a CB on him if he is in the slot.

I am indifferent. I can see this guy being the Dallas equivalent of DeSean Jackson. Or being another whiff at a speedster that does not translate to the NFL because of strength and get open ability at the line.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
It seems the consensus of his scouting reports is he struggles and cannot beat press coverage. No question in the open field this guy will run away from defenders. But this is the big leagues and teams will press him. However, can he play the slot and beat the coverage on the first step?

There are some really great assessments about when he gets past the line and catches the ball. He will scare the Hell out defenders and force teams to use a CB on him if he is in the slot.

I am indifferent. I can see this guy being the Dallas equivalent of DeSean Jackson. Or being another whiff at a speedster that does not translate to the NFL because of strength and get open ability at the line.

There might be a stat out there, but I wouldn't even know where to look but I am curious on how the YPC, YAC, and yards per carry change when guys like Hill, D-Jax, John Ross, and some of these elite speed guys are in the game vs when they aren't. I would have to imagine teams not being able to stack the box, roll safeties over to backup the CB's have to increase all those different aspects of the game. The question is whether or not it's significant enough to draft someone like Ruggs over someone like Chaisson who has a ton of upside at more of a position of need but has a lower floor.

That would be an interesting stat if anyone has them.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
There might be a stat out there, but I wouldn't even know where to look but I am curious on how the YPC, YAC, and yards per carry change when guys like Hill, D-Jax, John Ross, and some of these elite speed guys are in the game vs when they aren't. I would have to imagine teams not being able to stack the box, roll safeties over to backup the CB's have to increase all those different aspects of the game. The question is whether or not it's significant enough to draft someone like Ruggs over someone like Chaisson who has a ton of upside at more of a position of need but has a lower floor.

That would be an interesting stat if anyone has them.

@bobhayes

I think this is the guy who could answer that question on this board.

Jake0

Reaction score
Very likely BPA that also fills a need for speed wr. Would be a great pick. Chances of him being there at 17 are like 1%. Definitely not getting past Denver and there's other teams in front that could use him.

1st round pick just needs to be BPA that isn't at a position that is locked down completely. Don't need to target a direct need.