If I were coaching Dak

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Dak is an athletic quarterback with perhaps greater athleticism than Tony Romo. But Tony was a wizard at avoiding rushing linemen. His spin move was patented and got him out of so many near sacks. If I were coaching Dak I would make him learn that move and use it just like Tony did.
If I had to pick my favorite from Romo would be when he totally schooled JJ Watt in what looked like was a sure sack and after eluding him throws a TD pass.

jaybird

Reaction score
We've seen him use it but I'm guessing it's an instinctual thing. Dak just needs to get better at feeling pass rushers and I don't think that's something that can be taught.
Correct
It’s not a learned trait. Some do better than others. Dak has some of that too and with time it will get better. Dak just needs to keep working on throwing mechanics

Not comparing the two, Dak has special skills too and a natural leader.

I remember Roger had eyes in the back of his hear. “Roger the dodger”

JBS

Reaction score
Dak is an athletic quarterback with perhaps greater athleticism than Tony Romo. But Tony was a wizard at avoiding rushing linemen. His spin move was patented and got him out of so many near sacks. If I were coaching Dak I would make him learn that move and use it just like Tony did.

Man you have these super human powers and that's what you would teach him?

I would teach him to throw like Marino and run like Barry Sanders...teaching him Romos spin move wouldn't be top 25 on my list

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
if i were 'kellen moore', i would tell dak to stop listening to Garett, and get outside help ASAP !

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If I was coaching the OLine I would "teach" Connor Williams to bench press like Larry Allen.

If I was the WR coach, I would "teach" Cole Beasley to be like Randy Moss (be 6-4 and run a 4.2 forty).

If I was the DB coach, I would look at Byron Jones and realize he is the same size as Deion Sanders. I would then "teach" him to play exactly like Deion.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Instead of copying someone else why not teach him to sidestep and quickly throw to beat a rush?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett was a better QB that he is a coach. Look at him on the sidelines, he thinks he still plays. He should be evaluating the next move and not running up and down the sidelines slapping players behinds, smiling like he just won the superbowl.

Garrett isn’t calling plays. Most times it’s Linnehan or Marinelli deciding what’s next. Watch Pete Carroll. He bounces around excited on the sidelines probably more than Garrett.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
That would be great, but its a different team. We dont need Houdini out there anymore. We need a great leader/bus driver that makes the right play and runs the offense. Hands off the Zeke, makes the plays that are there. His 12 yard run for a first down last night is something Romo doesnt do. Dak keeps the chains moving and makes the conservative, right play. This is what we need at the moment. Dont need a gunslinger.
**** a bus driver. I want an elite QB. I think Dak can be that, but the jury is still out. This year is everything.

We don’t have a defense to win with a bus driver, and even if we did, who the hell is ever okay with that?

Am I in the twilight zone?

Last edited: