If I were coaching Dak

John813

Reaction score
Some praise from Josh Norman:

"It's like, dang," Norman said. "You get rookies in here, and you try to mess them with a little bit and bait them a little bit into thinking they're throwing a route, and you can make a play and he's not having it. It's so crazy to see that at an early age. Dak [Prescott] has that; Carson [Wentz] has that. So it's like, man, they must come in here not wanting to screw it up, and he's so far impressed me and I didn't want him to. I wanted to break all rookies. He's been doing a great job."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...mmanders-josh-norman-praises-jets-sam-darnold

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Romos athleticism is so underrated. I will argue all the way and say he was by far the best at getting out of any troubling situation. I don't think anyone did it better.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Throwing a deep ball doesnt involve instinct? LOL
No, it doesn't. It just involves a receiver running down the field and a quarterback throwing the ball.

Sure. And what about throwing the ball away? Is that instinct?
What is this? 100 questions?
Sorry, I'm not interested in rabbit trails.

How about being up by 23 in the 2nd half and checking down or throwing it away. Is that instinct or common sense? Both?

How about knowing how good Dak is. Is that instinct or cry baby biased?
And your point is? :huh:

So why did Romo need the spin move? Were his receivers not open within 5 seconds? Couldnt get open or was his scheme so predictable? Was the line so bad that the pressure got to him too quickly? Id rather see my QB take it 12 yards for a first down on 3rd and long then try to spin out and make the all world play. Just tuck it down and run over a guy for 12. Sounds good to me.
I don't know how we got here. However, my point is that you can't really teach a spin move now because that's more instinctive. I'm really not interested in determining what other moves constitute instinct or not.