If I'm McCarthy I go get this ex-Cowboy back

Reid1boys

Reaction score
People are so quick to judge. Guy is doing what he wants. All of us in here LOVE football, so we can not understand how someone would walk away from huge money, playing for the most popular team in sports, and just walk away. Hopefully at the next CBHA, they get the ban on MJ thrown out and irving can come back. Id take him in a SECOND, along with Gregory.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I hear you.

The unknown right now is really confusing a lot of the mentally challenged among us.

It is frightening, actually.

I want to chalk it up to just fear of the unknown since Garrett is gone.

But I fear the stupidity factor runs far deeper than that.

I have never seen this happen before where the HC and 90% of the staff gets replaced since Jimmy Johnson in 1989.

That change also was scary leaving the only coach the franchise had ever had in Landry.

The Flex defense, multiple offense, the Landry Hitch, 2 back running offense, running from I-Formation, motion, inventing the Bomb to Bobby Hayes..

all ended with that coaching change.

And the startup was rough. David Shula was brought in as OC and he was released after the first year.

So as much as I am fanatical about the team..

this shift to McCarthy and so much uncertainty is making me nervous.

Adversity is sure to appear. I just do not know from what direction.

We are bound to be lower in player talent vs. 2019. That signals needing time to bounce back.

So I wait like everyone and hope.

:starspin:

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’d argue their fandom is more insulting to their local or regional teams.

I can’t imagine being from and living in Dallas area and being a NY fan.

Namath was one of my Idols as a kid but I didn’t abort the Cowboys to be a Jets fan. I simply enjoyed watching him play and infatuated with his talent and success.

Fans can enjoy watching great players and teams around the country without abandoning support for their local or regional team.
You assume we were ever fans of the local teams. Just because you live in an area, doesnt mean you are fan of that team

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This always strikes a nerve with fans. And it’s not about being better fans.

Its about the basis of sports fandom which its financial survival is based on local and regional attendance and viewership.

And look what I was responding to initially. The wagon fans the Cowboys have created has made us the biggest and worst fan base. Don’t have these issues in Cleveland and Detroit for example.
Ive seen plenty of dumb comments from local fans. Stupidity isnt regional

Hadenough

Reaction score
Apparently he’s much smarter than you as he’s making money from his cannabis business deals.
Hes a pothead who made his fortune in football! You dont know if hes making money on this or not. It just sounds like fluff to be. Hes on a crusade to change the world.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You assume we were ever fans of the local teams. Just because you live in an area, doesnt mean you are fan of that team
I understand but my point remains that’s the intention and foundation for financial sovereignty.

Sports leagues couldn’t survive if fans everywhere were hopping from team to team. They rely on the local and regional fan support.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I’m more interested in getting a 22 year old future stud who’s about to enter the NFL draft as a DL. The future is better than the past.

Some guys are washed up at 27 while others are just getting started. I’m more inclined to believe David Irving is the former. We can (and I believe will) do a lot better than DI. No thanks.
As a team trying to turn the page with entirely new coaches..

you really should not go back to old problem issues.

I can not imagine wanting Garrett's old problems back to haunt their new direction.

They will not want Dez, Irving, Witten and Lee back. Those guys had their day and time to move on with players they select.

It's only realistic.

We need to take this whole draft and draft defense..DL, safety, CB and LBer.

Whatever BPA in those categories regardless of what priority has to govern it.

Use FA the same way and find a QB, TE, slot receiver. FA may also find help defensively and if so, that helps the draft stay solidly with BPA.

As fans, we have alot coming our way.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I’d argue anyone who has abandoned their local or regional team goes against the basis of what fandom represents. And if the entire country followed suit the financial foundation would erode.
What if you don't like what your hometown team represents? I get your point logically though, there would be no regional fans wo the locals to build the foundation.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Talent without a brain is a waste of talent.

th

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I understand but my point remains that’s the intention and foundation for financial sovereignty.

Also you assume fans dont support local teams even if they arent fans of that teams. I live 50 miles from Buffalo. For the last 10 year, Ive gone to two Bills games a year with 3 of my coworkers. Two of those co workers are Giants fans, and one if a Bucs fan. Its tradition. And its a great experience everytime. You dont need an emotional connection to a team to enjoy the experience of a live game. And I don't need to activate root for a team to support it wither

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What if you don't like what your hometown team represents?
It’s always tough rooting for a loser or a team that’s mismanaged . And if everyone joins together you can bring about change but not if the rest of the country still supports them.

It’s always more fun rooting for a winner but like my father taught me growing up it builds character rooting for a loser and makes you appreciate more when they do have success.

Plus the local teams need our support as they support our local communities and probably everyone’s well being financially. Start pulling these teams and universities out of their communities and the economic impact could be devastating.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Also you assume fans dont support local teams even if they arent fans of that teams. I live 50 miles from Buffalo. For the last 10 year, Ive gone to two Bills games a year with 3 of my coworkers. Two of those co workers are Giants fans, and one if a Bucs fan. Its tradition. And its a great experience everytime. You dont need an emotional connection to a team to enjoy the experience of a live game. And I don't need to activate root for a team to support it wither
I applaud your efforts and would call this an exception. Bravo!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Some fans became fans very young before they knew what "abandoning their local team" meant.

Some fans don't have a "Local" team. Some fans have other drivers that constitute fan allegiance.

I don't think it's a bad thing that the Cowboys have fans all around the country. I guarantee that if the fan base was only local to Texas, you wouldn't see all of these stadiums being dominated by Cowboy Fans on the road. I think this is more of a ideological divide, more then anything but that's just my opinion.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He equals a top 10 pick in this years draft and he'll only be 27 this year.

Where have you been? Irving didn’t have the desire to play football he walked away and retired because he would rather smoke pot than play football. One of the big problems with the Cowboys over the years has been giving guys like that a chance. They become a distraction and it doesn’t work out.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I applaud your efforts and would call this an exception. Bravo!
Actually Im not. At least locally. I doubt if half the fans in this region are Bills fans. Still the Bills have had very few issues selling out a formerly 80,000+ stadium. I think you are assuming these franchises need more local support to be viable than they actually do. And its an ignorant take to assume they do, as you arent in these markets

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
It’s always tough rooting for a loser or a team that’s mismanaged . And if everyone joins together you can bring about change but not if the rest of the country still supports them.

It’s always more fun rooting for a winner but like my father taught me growing up it builds character rooting for a loser and makes you appreciate more when they do have success.

Plus the local teams need our support as they support our local communities and probably everyone’s well being financially. Start pulling these teams and universities out of their communities and the economic impact could be devastating.
It may start that way (rooting for a winner), but if you stick with them after the fact, isn't that character driven? Like others have said, going against the grain probably builds better character in the long run. Learn how to deal with conflict, not being liked by everyone, in the old days using more resources to get info, etc. It's easier to just "go with it" as a local.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It may start that way (rooting for a winner), but if you stick with them after the fact, isn't that character driven? Like others have said, going against the grain probably builds better character in the long run. Learn how to deal with conflict, not being liked by everyone, in the old days using more resources to get info, etc. It's easier to just "go with it" as a local.
Of course it starts that way and it’s defined as a wagon fan hopping on a different team than locally because either the local team is losing or the afar team is more attractive.

I’m not attempting to demean this simply pointing out the ramifications if everyone did.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Of course it starts that way and it’s defined as a wagon fan hopping on a different team than locally because either the local team is losing or the afar team is more attractive.

I’m not attempting to demean this simply pointing out the ramifications if everyone did.
wagon fans hop off, get your point though. Needs hometown support to start somewhere to have "fandom" in general.