If Jason Garrett goes, so should Dak Prescott

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, it's literal spamming. Just put it all into a single post - I'm not responding individually to each thing you post when it can all just be condensed into a single post. Get back to me when you're able to do that.
I don't need you to respond. You haven't made much sense in the first place on this subject. LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
...because Smith was part of more than just one coaching staff. He was part of multiple.

And Singletary didn't have a "winning team" - they didn't win under him, they won under Harbaugh. In case you forgot, Smith got them to the championship game and was replaced by Kapernick (bad decision) due to a concussion.
It was singletary's players the team he put together. That's what Harbaugh had the best line cracking group in football. Please get a clue before you start speaking

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess you're spamming. You must have 20 posts on this thread. I'm trying to catch up LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak Prescott had three years of on-the-job training. Other quarterbacks are already out of the league trying to pull off what he did. This season will be the true barometer. I believe the kid is a winner

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
With Garrett being in the final year of his contract and Jerry Jones already talking this team up - this needs to be it. If Garrett fails to improve upon what we did in 2018, he needs to walk and take Prescott with him.

Normally, I wouldn't attach a player to the coach, but whatever coach we bring in should be allowed to draft the QB that best suits their system. The 2020 QB class is looking to be deep, you potentially have Tua who is in the mold of a Russel Wilson, Herbert who can make every throw on the field with good mobility, and your prototypical pocket passer in Fromm - then you have interesting prospects such as Costello and Eason whom could end up being late first round to early second round picks as well.

Unless Garrett and Prescott take the next step, we should not consider them our future and there will be plenty of options out there to replace and move on.

Tua and Russell? Dont see any comparison..

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
With Garrett being in the final year of his contract and Jerry Jones already talking this team up - this needs to be it. If Garrett fails to improve upon what we did in 2018, he needs to walk and take Prescott with him.

Normally, I wouldn't attach a player to the coach, but whatever coach we bring in should be allowed to draft the QB that best suits their system. The 2020 QB class is looking to be deep, you potentially have Tua who is in the mold of a Russel Wilson, Herbert who can make every throw on the field with good mobility, and your prototypical pocket passer in Fromm - then you have interesting prospects such as Costello and Eason whom could end up being late first round to early second round picks as well.

Unless Garrett and Prescott take the next step, we should not consider them our future and there will be plenty of options out there to replace and move on.

Really? I dint realize there was a long list of available QBs that are superior to Dak.. Will you name just a few?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you read? I gave off the list in the post. The 2020 draft will be a good class for QBs.

And many of those QBs may be more like Bortles, Lynch, Manuel, Mariota or Tannehill than Mahomes or Luck. We know we are competitive with Dak, and we don’t know if a draft pick would be an improvement or set the team back several years.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And many of those QBs may be more like Bortles, Lynch, Manuel, Mariota or Tannehill than Mahomes or Luck. We know we are competitive with Dak, and we don’t know if a draft pick would be an improvement or set the team back several years.
We also aren’t likely to have a high first round pick either, so that hurts the chances of getting a top QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can’t swing and miss if you don’t get up to the plate.

As well as we’ve drafted in recent years you’d think we’d have more confidence we could do better with an earlier pick at QB?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We also aren’t likely to have a high first round pick either, so that hurts the chances of getting a top QB.
It's just not that easy to land a franchise QB. I mean, I get Prescott isn't everyone's favorite, but he's good enough to not worry about gambling an early pick or moving up for an unknown.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In the end if Prescott isn’t enough we’ll look back wondering what a more Elite QB might have accomplished with this roster surrounding them.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score

We have no way of knowing who will fall where.
I don't care. Many scouts/commentators compare him to Wilson, because it's apt.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2018/11/how-nfl-scouts-view-tua-tagovailoa.html

Dont get me wrong. Would love Tua on this team. But we would likely need the over all top pick to achieve this.. you really want to waste a year of this talented roster for a maybe??

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We have no way of knowing who will fall where.

Dont get me wrong. Would love Tua on this team. But we would likely need the over all top pick to achieve this.. you really want to waste a year of this talented roster for a maybe??

We are already wasting our roster on a mediocre QB that is still struggling with footwork and mechanics going into his fourth season.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
Prescott has to be the absolutely most hated 4th round 3rd year QB ever. I get it he is not elite. But honestly.... NEITHER WAS AIKMAN!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Prescott has to be the absolutely most hated 4th round 3rd year QB ever. I get it he is not elite. But honestly.... NEITHER WAS AIKMAN!
But look what Aikman did with an Elite supporting cast.

Criticism doesn’t mean Dak isn’t appreciated.
I think most see what a value Dak was in the 4th round.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score

While Aikman is overrated, he had seasons where he was within the top 5 among his peers.

And this isn't the 90s anymore. We aren't getting an RB that will get us 20+ TDs a season. That's not how it works, you have to get into the end zone by the QBs arm.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
But look what Aikman did with an Elite supporting cast.

Exactly. I think we are putting together an ELITE supporting cast.

Look I agree, give me a better QB I would jump on it.. but a better QB is hard to find. Half the teams with Elite QB play was in the right place at right time..

Hell the Saints ACCIDENTALLY landed Breeze