CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:huh:

Jay Cutler
  1. First round pick
  2. Above average to great arm
  3. Terrible attitude
  4. Did not make playoffs until 5th year
  5. Only made playoffs once in 12 years
  6. Won division once in 12 years (on his second team)
  7. Had only 1 season with a QB Rating of over 90 (92.3 in 2015, 10th year in the NFL)
  8. Has a 1.42x Career TD to Int ratio
  9. In first 3 full seasons as a starter (2nd to 4th year)
    1. Threw for 11,689 yardds
    2. Threw 72 TDs
    3. Threw 58 Ints
  10. Had a TERRIBLE attitude

Dak Prescott
  1. 4th Round Pick
  2. Mediocre to average arm
  3. Great attitude
  4. Made the playoffs in first year
  5. Made the playoffs in 2 of his first 3 years
  6. Won division twice in first 3 years (both with original team)
  7. Has only 1 season with a QB Season Rating below 96.9 (86.6 in 2017, 2nd year in the NFL, and still higher than Jay's career 85.3)
  8. Has a 2.68x Career TD to Int ratio
  9. In first 3 full seasons as a starter (Rookie to 3rd year)
    1. Threw for 10,876 yards
    2. Threw 67 TDs
    3. Threw 25 Ints
  10. Has a GREAT attitude (did I mention that already?)

Other than being nearly complete opposites, I really would like to know how their situations are even remotely similar or comparable.

I'll wait .....

In the meantime, I will just state, ya'll haters are whack and come up with the biggest B.S. excuses / comparisons.
:facepalm:
You left out pushed his OL in the back coming off the field in a nationally televised game. One of the worst displays I have ever seen from the guy that supposed to be the team leader. Hell, Aikman, David Carr and Deshaun Watson would like to have shot theirs in the back but leadership comes first at that position.

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
I am amazed at all the people who are saying the coach should decide who his QB will be. Do all of you really think the head coach of the Cowboys (particularly a new HC) get that much input on the players? Hell, he doesn't get that much input on his staff.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Payton leaving the Saints for the Cowboys would be a downgrade for him honestly. Anything is possible but I don't see why he'd take the job.

For me it's tied to Drew Brees' retirement, which I think happens after this upcoming season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak is very well received and respected league wide. For what its worth...so is JG. That said, JG is on thin ice, we all know that. Dak would have to totally implode this season for him NOT to be here in 2020. All Dak does is meet the challenge each year..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak is very well received and respected league wide. For what its worth...so is JG. That said, JG is on thin ice, we all know that. Dak would have to totally implode this season for him NOT to be here in 2020. All Dak does is meet the challenge each year..
I agree. He doesn't have franchise record statistics, but look where that got us? The staff and team have respect for him and he's a leader and a good guy. The NFL respects as well. If you look back from the time Aikman retired to when Romo started, then you should be thankful we found Prescott. Decent QBs don't grow on trees.
Plus he showed up in the postseason.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Nope. Once again, the multiple suggestions of Dak replacements on this forum is terrible.

Only one that's slightly logical is Tua. But even that, he has receivers that are wide open all the time at Alabama. Though he slings it well - with a sweet release. But Dak was already better in his final year in college than Tua was last year.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
With Garrett being in the final year of his contract and Jerry Jones already talking this team up - this needs to be it. If Garrett fails to improve upon what we did in 2018, he needs to walk and take Prescott with him.

Normally, I wouldn't attach a player to the coach, but whatever coach we bring in should be allowed to draft the QB that best suits their system. The 2020 QB class is looking to be deep, you potentially have Tua who is in the mold of a Russel Wilson, Herbert who can make every throw on the field with good mobility, and your prototypical pocket passer in Fromm - then you have interesting prospects such as Costello and Eason whom could end up being late first round to early second round picks as well.

Unless Garrett and Prescott take the next step, we should not consider them our future and there will be plenty of options out there to replace and move on.
Tua is overrated. Glitz with no substance.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dak is a cash cow for Jerry. Only Brady sells more merchandise. Jerry always places popularity ahead of talent.

I don’t think Garrett is attached to Dak. And Garrett thus far is only who’s survived Dak who in 3 seasons has gone thru 2 OC,2 QB coaches, and all the receivers he begin with. Witten is returning.

If the Moore Experiment doesn’t work then no one is safe with Dak here.
Garrett managed to win 1 Wildcard game with Romo

Garrett has won 1 Wildcard game with Dak.

Seems like the constant in this equation is Garrett...……………..hummmm, maybe he is the problem?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am amazed at all the people who are saying the coach should decide who his QB will be. Do all of you really think the head coach of the Cowboys (particularly a new HC) get that much input on the players? Hell, he doesn't get that much input on his staff.
Agree and just who do we think made the decision to keep Prescott in when Romo was ready?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Yall are missing the point and I agree with the OP

Dak and Garrett are in the final years of their contracts. Why keep one and not the other when they both attributed to the continued mediocrity of this football team.

The ones that want to keep Dak regardless are just his apologists

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tua is overrated. Glitz with no substance.
Do not agree, the kid barely played in the second half of games because they'd already turned out the other team's lights and I saw him throw some mighty impressive spirals of substance. If they'd kept Tua in the games like OU did Murray, he would have taken the Heisman. And if he'd been NFL eligible, they would have.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett managed to win 1 Wildcard game with Romo

Garrett has won 1 Wildcard game with Dak.

Seems like the constant in this equation is Garrett...……………..hummmm, maybe he is the problem?
He could be. Especially if you believe we’ve had good enough teams to win more. Too bad Jerry doesn’t want a greater HC.

Proof

Reaction score
Dak is a cash cow for Jerry. Only Brady sells more merchandise. Jerry always places popularity ahead of talent.

I don’t think Garrett is attached to Dak. And Garrett thus far is only who’s survived Dak who in 3 seasons has gone thru 2 OC,2 QB coaches, and all the receivers he begin with. Witten is returning.

If the Moore Experiment doesn’t work then no one is safe with Dak here.

That’s always going to be the case for _______\ insert name here franchise qb for the Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do not agree, the kid barely played in the second half of games because they'd already turned out the other team's lights and I saw him throw some mighty impressive spirals of substance. If they'd kept Tua in the games like OU did Murray, he would have taken the Heisman. And if he'd been NFL eligible, they would have.
Yep..Watch him light it up in Norman this fall.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yall are missing the point and I agree with the OP

Dak and Garrett are in the final years of their contracts. Why keep one and not the other when they both attributed to the continued mediocrity of this football team.

The ones that want to keep Dak regardless are just his apologists
Because this organization was mediocre long before Dak got here.

Stash and others on the first page had it right. If you get a new coach he should have his own guy. If that’s Dak so be it. But Garrett’s failures shouldn’t be tied to Dak. That’s just silly.