If Jerry pays Dak and it doesn't work out, the empire will crumble

Verdict

Reaction score
I feel confident that it will continue to rise, Mahomes and Watson will each get payouts bigger than Dak. Your right nothing last forever and when Networks choose not to spend the money as they do on the NFL that will change but do not see that in the near future. This notion of Dak only getting top 10 money would put him as one of the lowest paid QB within 2 years.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think a significant portion of the cap pool is based on ticket prices and sales. I could see that aspect coming under pressure. TV revenue would likely continue to rise as it has historically for at least a while.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maybe I’m wrong, but I think a significant portion of the cap pool is based on ticket prices and sales. I could see that aspect coming under pressure. TV revenue would likely continue to rise as it has historically for at least a while.

I'm sorry this virus will come to an end as you said nothing last forever. This is a small setback not a new normal, if it does then we would have shut down for flu season and we don't

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think you will the see same behavior in Dak that we saw in Zeke after his hold out and big pay raise - he seemed to lack motivation and passion and was constantly taking himself out. These guys don't play to win, they're only playing to make as much cash as they can. Winning is a fans fantasy the players don't share.

That is your perception not a fact, but then you don't put your butt out of the field taking the punishment.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are the Cowboys still America's Team? I don't think so.
Most of the fans like myself who remember why the Cowboys became the greatest franchise in sports are sick of what we see. Jerry slapped every fan in the face for 13 years and didn't care what we thought while he used the sales from the team to live royally and forced us to endure the incompetence of Jason Garrett.
The Cowboys are more of a punchline nowadays than they are respected. I can only speak for myself, but I am sick of what the franchise has become.
I had hope that with the hiring of McCarthy that the humiliations of the past 13 years would end, but now we are enduring yet another issue in which the Cowboys simply ignore their fans and common sense.
If Jerry pays Dak and Dak doesn't produce, I think many fans like myself will be done.
I think Jerry has wasted all trust that the fans had in him with the insistence of keeping Jason Garrett for 10 years and wasting roster after roster of talent.
By the time Dak's extension is finished, Ezekiel Elliott's prime will be, as well.
And I don't want to hear Stephen using the excuse of "salary cap" limits as a reason for the Cowboys returning to the mediocrity of the Campo era.
Jerry had better get this one right; I don't think the younger fans know the passion with which which us older guys followed the Cowboys.
Jerry could very well be signing the death certificate of the Dallas Cowboys if he ignores the mistakes of the past and jumps right back in to the mess we were in with Garrett.
So Dak's fans should hope he becomes his own franchise.
The fans of the Dallas Cowboys demand much more than the fans of Dak Prescott do from both he and the Cowboys.
People that hate and ridicule the Cowboys still watch. Jerry has gotten rich off of the haters.
What happens if the contract does work out and Dak becomes great. What will you have to post about then??

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
And I think Jerry is ignoring the danger of fans that know the difference deciding to move on.
Jerry wants to do it his way and for him the Cowboys is a pure business..i am sure he wants to win but making money is his top priorities which is fine with me.........I just won't buy his merchandise nor i will be stressed if they don't win

ondaedg

Reaction score
Most of the fans like myself who remember why the Cowboys became the greatest franchise in sports are sick of what we see. Jerry slapped every fan in the face for 13 years and didn't care what we thought while he used the sales from the team to live royally and forced us to endure the incompetence of Jason Garrett.
The Cowboys are more of a punchline nowadays than they are respected. I can only speak for myself, but I am sick of what the franchise has become.
I had hope that with the hiring of McCarthy that the humiliations of the past 13 years would end, but now we are enduring yet another issue in which the Cowboys simply ignore their fans and common sense.
If Jerry pays Dak and Dak doesn't produce, I think many fans like myself will be done.
I think Jerry has wasted all trust that the fans had in him with the insistence of keeping Jason Garrett for 10 years and wasting roster after roster of talent.
By the time Dak's extension is finished, Ezekiel Elliott's prime will be, as well.
And I don't want to hear Stephen using the excuse of "salary cap" limits as a reason for the Cowboys returning to the mediocrity of the Campo era.
Jerry had better get this one right; I don't think the younger fans know the passion with which which us older guys followed the Cowboys.
Jerry could very well be signing the death certificate of the Dallas Cowboys if he ignores the mistakes of the past and jumps right back in to the mess we were in with Garrett.
The fans of the Dallas Cowboys demand much more than the fans of Dak Prescott do from both he and the Cowboys.

The silver lining is some other team's forum will have to deal with your ridiculous threads that you start 11 times/day.

:muttley:

leeblair

Reaction score
People that hate and ridicule the Cowboys still watch. Jerry has gotten rich off of the haters.
What happens if the contract does work out and Dak becomes great. What will you have to post about then??
IF I post, it would be about the usual stuff.
You misunderstand me. I am not hoping Dak fails. I think he's a great athlete.
But I think he will fail because he hasn't shown the ability to be a franchise type quarterback who possesses the leadership skills and the talent to produce when the pressure is on.
I wish I could be more enthusiastic. But I just don't think he's the guy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
:)shhhh...I'm too busy getting excited and rooting for our 'boys!:starspin:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak will be paid by Jerry. We will not win a SB. Nothing will crumble...see the last 25 years. Even lesser franchises have been sustained with no rings and few playoff success so why would we crumble now?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

First based on this rant I don't think you're much of a fan now or ever. Here's a little something to think about as far as why the Cowboys will ALWAYS be America's Team. Since the Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl since Super Bowl XXX they still get the maximum number of prime time games every year. They are a staple to play opening weekend on Sunday Night Football. They play the vast majority of their games other than the noon start time slot and their games are seen by the majority of the country. Why does the league and networks do all of those things, because people either love the Cowboys or they hate the Cowboys but they all watch them to either watch them win or hope they lose.

You are also like all the other Prescott haters that want to blame him for every loss over the last 4 years and all the losses that will happen while he's still here. Even though many or most of those losses the defense and special teams and injuries played parts in those losses, that just doesn't fit you Prescott hating. We've heard the same fair weather fan whining going back to Danny White and then with Romo. No I don't think Prescott is the greatest QB ever but I also don't think he's anywhere near as bad as the Prescott haters try to paint him

You talk about being a passionate fan but all you've done is show yourself to have contempt and being a fair weather fan. You should take note of Cub fans who stayed loyal for generations waiting over a HUNDRED years for a championship. I know this will be contrary to your way of thinking but I have been and always will be a Cowboys fan, win lose or draw. I haven't and will not threaten to become a fair weather fan like you and stop being a fan because the Cowboys did not win the Super Bowl. I will be disappointed but I won't stop being a fan.

CCBoy

Reaction score
First based on this rant I don't think you're much of a fan now or ever. Here's a little something to think about as far as why the Cowboys will ALWAYS be America's Team. Since the Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl since Super Bowl XXX they still get the maximum number of prime time games every year. They are a staple to play opening weekend on Sunday Night Football. They play the vast majority of their games other than the noon start time slot and their games are seen by the majority of the country. Why does the league and networks do all of those things, because people either love the Cowboys or they hate the Cowboys but they all watch them to either watch them win or hope they lose.

You are also like all the other Prescott haters that want to blame him for every loss over the last 4 years and all the losses that will happen while he's still here. Even though many or most of those losses the defense and special teams and injuries played parts in those losses, that just doesn't fit you Prescott hating. We've heard the same fair weather fan whining going back to Danny White and then with Romo. No I don't think Prescott is the greatest QB ever but I also don't think he's anywhere near as bad as the Prescott haters try to paint him

You talk about being a passionate fan but all you've done is show yourself to have contempt and being a fair weather fan. You should take note of Cub fans who stayed loyal for generations waiting over a HUNDRED years for a championship. I know this will be contrary to your way of thinking but I have been and always will be a Cowboys fan, win lose or draw. I haven't and will not threaten to become a fair weather fan like you and stop being a fan because the Cowboys did not win the Super Bowl. I will be disappointed but I won't stop being a fan.
Go Cowboys!:starspin: That stands on it's own merit. I won't comment here...

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
IF I post, it would be about the usual stuff.
You misunderstand me. I am not hoping Dak fails. I think he's a great athlete.
But I think he will fail because he hasn't shown the ability to be a franchise type quarterback who possesses the leadership skills and the talent to produce when the pressure is on.
I wish I could be more enthusiastic. But I just don't think he's the guy.

Here's a huge flaw with your thinking. Prescott's team mates DO think he's their leader. They say in the huddle that nothing seems to shake him and has complete control of the huddles.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Let this **** boy hit FA. I’d rather take a down yr with Dalton and draft a QB in 2021, then pay a massive contract to an average player. He’s not worth it.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
I believe Jerry will pay Dak even if he has to swallow his pride. He wants a championship and thinks he is close. A 4 year contract will take him into his 80s. I don't think he wants to waste more years than necessary to get a QB in place.

BigD_95

Reaction score

I think your living in a dream world. Cowboys will still be the biggest sports team in the world if they sign Dak or dont sign Dak. If Dak plays great or plays bad.

Somethings are just bigger than we can understand. Cowboys, Yankees, Manchester United, Lakers ..etc

My guess is Cowboys could go 0-16 s straight years and still be the biggest ratings team in the NFL

lostar2009

Reaction score
If they don't draft or aquire some talent at the QB position within the 2 years then yes.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Let this **** boy hit FA. I’d rather take a down yr with Dalton and draft a QB in 2021, then pay a massive contract to an average player. He’s not worth it.

here's my answer to those that say Prescott is just average. Before free agency started it didn't matter which website you went to, NFL, ESPN, Foxsports, CBSsport, they all had Prescott ranked as the number 1 free agent and just average players don't get ranked the number 1 free agent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm sorry this virus will come to an end as you said nothing last forever. This is a small setback not a new normal, if it does then we would have shut down for flu season and we don't
not just ticket sales, Vendors, food and beverage parking etc etc so much money will be lost over 18months short term or not , it will effect this and next years contract negotiations..

dckid

Reaction score

LeeBlair,
I agree with you but you need to get even more macro view on this.
We are America's team in name only. We have lived off our reputation for 25 years. When was the last time this team went to a championship game? (January 1996)..... Just think and ponder that point for a few minutes...... I have a couple hundred posts stating how Jerry does not care about winning the SB, he just cares about going between 7-9 & 10-6. As long as we are the top story on First Take, Unidisputed, ESPN, the game gets flex to SNF, Jerry is happy. Guys & Gals that is the absolute truth. He has 3 SB's, HOF, 5 Billion dollar franchise. He has won the game of life. All of our crying wont change a damn thing.

So having said all of that, I don't care about Dak, one way or another. To me I would rather spend my money on Cam (can be had very cheap)& Jameis (gone)before paying 40 million to Dak. But I will be labeled a Dak Hater... which I am not a I felt the same way about Romo. Romo didn't win a lick here in Dallas. He was a good qb in a great QB era. When he retired, I was a bit sad but then realized.. .What are we going to miss?
A fumbled Snap in a playoff game? Gigantic choke against the Gmen? Losing the last game of the season with the playoffs on the line? Two playoff wins? Dak is functionally equivalent to Romo. Do you think the Rams paying Goff was a good move?
The Jags bailed on Foles, The Titans will regret paying Tannehill. Niners paying Jiimmy.?
On one hand the cost of doing business with a QB has substantially gone up, so either we suck it up and pay or move on with it.
Do you think Seattle regrets paying Wilson? No, GB paid Rogers, Mahomes.. Chiefs would pay him 50 if they could, Watson will get paid.