1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

If Jerry pays Dak and it doesn't work out, the empire will crumble

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by leeblair, May 12, 2020.

1. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

23,212 Messages
    56,874 Likes Received
  2. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Could care less how your OP is perceived, received or your post history, or how you are personally attacked and it not be enforced...

I, for one, agree with every last word.

leeblair likes this.
  3. leeblair

leeblair Well-Known Member

1,222 Messages
    2,042 Likes Received
    There's something wrong with you if you can still be a fan of a team that disregards everything that is right and isn't trying to do things right.
    Mistakes are one thing.
    But complete incompetence negates the whole premise of "professional" sports.

75boyz likes this.
  4. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

5,251 Messages
    2,106 Likes Received
    Here's a news flash for you. I don't recall anyone electing you as the voice for the fans and what is right or wrong that the Cowboys have done. You can have your opinion but after what you post it just shows you to be a fair weather fan. Just so you know, fair weather fans are just a half a step higher than fans of other teams. Like I've said you need to take note of the loyal Cub fans that waited for generations for over 100 years for a championship before whining about the Cowboys. I know this won't surprise you but there will never be a day where I'll consider your fair weather fan evaluations to mean anything.

5. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

19,963 Messages
    17,760 Likes Received
    Some people just enjoy living in the negatives in their lives.

6. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

20,064 Messages
    16,679 Likes Received
    The empire will crumble? lol. Has the OP been watching Star Wars too much?

kskboys and gjkoeppen like this.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

24,759 Messages
    13,932 Likes Received
    The only empire here is financial and no chance that it crumbles. This franchise will be stuck with Jones's long after we are all gone.

75boyz likes this.
  8. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

21,430 Messages
    23,772 Likes Received
    Nah, if he truly wanted to win he would not be GM. Think about it, he's admitted publicly that he's a terrible GM, but still insists on being the GM. So, how can you even make the claim that an owner who insists on hiring and retaining a terrible GM wants to win?

The Fonz and 75boyz like this.
  9. Setackin

Setackin radioactivecowboy88

3,285 Messages
    3,969 Likes Received
    Based mostly on position and his time starting.

10. Polkton31

Polkton31 Well-Known Member

393 Messages
    446 Likes Received
    If it was based on position and time starting... Wouldn't that mean Mariota, Dalton, Newton, Winston, Rivers, etc have been ranked above him?

11. foofighters

foofighters Well-Known Member

2,545 Messages
    3,969 Likes Received
    I could care less of they are America's Team. They are my team and that's all that counts...

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  12. Williamsboys

Williamsboys Well-Known Member

982 Messages
    985 Likes Received
    "All we are saying is Give peace a CHance".

13. iceberg

iceberg rock music matters Zone Supporter

33,852 Messages
    7,073 Likes Received
    oh lord - our 8-8 empire?

dats some funny chit, mang.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

15,448 Messages
    26,427 Likes Received
    If you are trying to criticize Prescott about leadership you are the only one within a million miles of the NFL doing so.

kskboys likes this.
  15. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

21,281 Messages
    14,849 Likes Received
    I agree that this situation will probably not be as impactful longer term as it is now. But if this season is impacted, it is probably going to impact the salary cap next year. That is an unknown at this time. It involves some degree of risk that the salary cap could have a short term reduction.

16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

97,244 Messages
    23,772 Likes Received
    I don't think Dak contract is going to hurt the Cowboys. Besides things like the cap rising we also have players which would include Dak to be able to restructure their deals to free up money. This notion that this deal would as the OP said "will cause the empire to crumble is a load of hog wash.

17. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

33,990 Messages
    13,198 Likes Received
    They’ll always be America’s Team. “America’s Team” started with the Cowboys and it will end with the Cowboys. It doesn’t matter how the Cowboys play or who their QB is they’ll always be known as “America’s Team.”

18. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

6,490 Messages
    8,639 Likes Received
    Wouldn't be surprised if it was something other than money that is holding this deal up. I can see Dak leaving to an organization like the Patriots after this year.

19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

33,990 Messages
    13,198 Likes Received
    The empire keeps getting stronger and stronger despite no Super Bowls or conference title games the past 25 years. The QB we have that the majority of the fan base can’t stand is breaking the bank in endorsements. He’s respected by everyone around the league except by his own fan base.

20. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

9,898 Messages
    16,546 Likes Received
    Its just a matter of time, Dak signs the $35 million contract.