If Jerry pays Dak and it doesn't work out, the empire will crumble

pete026

Reaction score
Just when I think I can't read anything more dumb on this site, some of yall go, "Watch this!"
I think the saying nowadays is "Hold My Beer". But like the youtube videos; you have to laugh and not take them too seriously.

leeblair

Reaction score
Dak's first year was misleading, as he stood calmly behind the best offensive line in football, with Ezekiel Elliott getting the attention of opposing defenses, while winning the weakest division in the NFL.
Garrett and Jerry were so desperate to believe that they would finally be justified that they trashed Romo and treated Dak as if he were a phenom who had already won multiple championships. They protected him in preseason, refusing to let him play unless the entire offensive line was available. Kellen Moore faced 1st team defenses with 2nd and third team linemen and receivers, and still moved the ball. But Dak never had to earn his spot or play under pressure.
So the REAL Dak Prescott showed up the next couple of years, but only in 2019 did Dak really have to face a string of teams in contention for the playoffs.
And the real Dak Prescott showed up. He looked just like he did in college, choking under pressure and making mistakes. He was the same in college, piling up stats vs weak teams, but looking below average when faced with any team over .500.
And now he thinks he should be paid more than any player in NFL history- despite failing to win the weakest division in the NFL against an Eagles team that was playing their 2nd and 3rd team players because of injuries to their starters.
So if Jerry pays Dak a fortune, there can be no excuse for failure.
And the culture in Dallas has become one of players who think that they should be paid big money despite losing- because that's what Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones taught them to think.
Dak is a holdover from the worst coach in the history of the Dallas Cowboys, and Jerry cannot be given a pass if he pays him and the Cowboys struggle.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can say that about any team, in any sport.
To be $30,000,000.00+ in the hole every year, for one player is every GM's nightmare.
There are going to be a lot of GMs having nightmare's over the next few years.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It still boggles my mind how with dak there's basically only 2 sides of the spectrum.

He's either elite or hes a back up at best lol why?
There are a lot of us that aren't like that, but obviously there are too many that are. Unfortunately I think some people think gross exaggeration strengthens their position, but to any reasonable reader it destroys the credibility of the poster.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Are the Cowboys still America's Team? I don't think so.
Most of the fans like myself who remember why the Cowboys became the greatest franchise in sports are sick of what we see. Jerry slapped every fan in the face for 13 years and didn't care what we thought while he used the sales from the team to live royally and forced us to endure the incompetence of Jason Garrett.
The Cowboys are more of a punchline nowadays than they are respected. I can only speak for myself, but I am sick of what the franchise has become.
I had hope that with the hiring of McCarthy that the humiliations of the past 13 years would end, but now we are enduring yet another issue in which the Cowboys simply ignore their fans and common sense.
If Jerry pays Dak and Dak doesn't produce, I think many fans like myself will be done.
I think Jerry has wasted all trust that the fans had in him with the insistence of keeping Jason Garrett for 10 years and wasting roster after roster of talent.
By the time Dak's extension is finished, Ezekiel Elliott's prime will be, as well.
And I don't want to hear Stephen using the excuse of "salary cap" limits as a reason for the Cowboys returning to the mediocrity of the Campo era.
Jerry had better get this one right; I don't think the younger fans know the passion with which which us older guys followed the Cowboys.
Jerry could very well be signing the death certificate of the Dallas Cowboys if he ignores the mistakes of the past and jumps right back in to the mess we were in with Garrett.
So Dak's fans should hope he becomes his own franchise.
The fans of the Dallas Cowboys demand much more than the fans of Dak Prescott do from both he and the Cowboys.

LOL...…….right...…...you were the ones telling us that Dalton is going to lead us to the promised land. Before that, you were telling us that Cooper Rush was better.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
When the day comes and Jerry Jones cant run the team anymore, will we then call the Cowboys the Empire of the Son??

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm honestly getting to the point where I would laugh my *** off if he tries his luck in the open market, doesn't get what he thinks he's worth or does by a horrible team, accepts and flounders behind a mediocre team

Some people just need their egos put in check
:clap:
Dak would never highball a wiser and more competent team.
"You want how much????":laugh:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
LOL...…….right...…...you were the ones telling us that Dalton is going to lead us to the promised land. Before that, you were telling us that Cooper Rush was better.
Yeah because in 4 years with Dak we've won 1 playoff game.
That's 1/4 of a playoff win per year.
Good work Dak!

leeblair

Reaction score
Not me, not ever. But I am glad Dalton is in Dallas.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak's first year was misleading, as he stood calmly behind the best offensive line in football, with Ezekiel Elliott getting the attention of opposing defenses, while winning the weakest division in the NFL.
Garrett and Jerry were so desperate to believe that they would finally be justified that they trashed Romo and treated Dak as if he were a phenom who had already won multiple championships. They protected him in preseason, refusing to let him play unless the entire offensive line was available. Kellen Moore faced 1st team defenses with 2nd and third team linemen and receivers, and still moved the ball. But Dak never had to earn his spot or play under pressure.
So the REAL Dak Prescott showed up the next couple of years, but only in 2019 did Dak really have to face a string of teams in contention for the playoffs.
And the real Dak Prescott showed up. He looked just like he did in college, choking under pressure and making mistakes. He was the same in college, piling up stats vs weak teams, but looking below average when faced with any team over .500.
And now he thinks he should be paid more than any player in NFL history- despite failing to win the weakest division in the NFL against an Eagles team that was playing their 2nd and 3rd team players because of injuries to their starters.
So if Jerry pays Dak a fortune, there can be no excuse for failure.
And the culture in Dallas has become one of players who think that they should be paid big money despite losing- because that's what Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones taught them to think.
Dak is a holdover from the worst coach in the history of the Dallas Cowboys, and Jerry cannot be given a pass if he pays him and the Cowboys struggle.
so if Dak is so bad, does it mean Garrett was a good coach winning with such a QB at the helm? I am still waiting and you are still avoiding.

oh, yeah, and I forgot you thought Moore was a HOF type QB.....

Dak started the last 3 games of the preseason after Romo got injured....so quit making shiet up..

so tell as about how great tashard choice was and how he was better than Emmitt Smith.

Lee, are you making your AA meetings? don't skip!@

cern

Reaction score
Stephen, not jerry , makes the personnel deals.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I agree the last 20+ years have blown, and has made me drink heavily on Sundays, but the Cowboys will always be America's Team and that's a fact. It is ingrained into the mystique that is the Dallas Cowboys. Every year since the great 70's teams, others have tried to pilfer the tag of America's Team to no avail, it belongs to us, permanently.

Qcard

Reaction score
Are the Cowboys still America's Team? I don't think so.
Most of the fans like myself who remember why the Cowboys became the greatest franchise in sports are sick of what we see. Jerry slapped every fan in the face for 13 years and didn't care what we thought while he used the sales from the team to live royally and forced us to endure the incompetence of Jason Garrett.
The Cowboys are more of a punchline nowadays than they are respected. I can only speak for myself, but I am sick of what the franchise has become.
I had hope that with the hiring of McCarthy that the humiliations of the past 13 years would end, but now we are enduring yet another issue in which the Cowboys simply ignore their fans and common sense.
If Jerry pays Dak and Dak doesn't produce, I think many fans like myself will be done.
I think Jerry has wasted all trust that the fans had in him with the insistence of keeping Jason Garrett for 10 years and wasting roster after roster of talent.
By the time Dak's extension is finished, Ezekiel Elliott's prime will be, as well.
And I don't want to hear Stephen using the excuse of "salary cap" limits as a reason for the Cowboys returning to the mediocrity of the Campo era.
Jerry had better get this one right; I don't think the younger fans know the passion with which which us older guys followed the Cowboys.
Jerry could very well be signing the death certificate of the Dallas Cowboys if he ignores the mistakes of the past and jumps right back in to the mess we were in with Garrett.
So Dak's fans should hope he becomes his own franchise.
The fans of the Dallas Cowboys demand much more than the fans of Dak Prescott do from both he and the Cowboys.
HOF Owner Jerry Jones is not going anywhere. He continues to be relevant and rockstar.
What Jerry did was unprecedented but he took the hit for firing Landry. Jerry lost many in your generation and prior when he fired their Pastor Landry. I know some whom went back to original Texans ( Chiefs). So, whilst we await the next Superbowl let's not act like we are owed Superbowl dynasties every generation.
Enjoy the ride, learn to understand the new CBA and salaries. These players watched the earlier generation of players get destroyed in the CBA. Now Dak like NBA players are regaining leverage. They are not starving at the negotiation table ( a concept foreign to Theismann era).

Or just support another team...trust me allegiance always has a price. I think I felt your sentiment through the Carter, Chad, Vinny, Henson and Romo saga...enjoy the ride sir!