If Our Offense Played Our Defense What Gets Exposed?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Which weakness would get exposed...which strength would dominate (I use that term loosely). Who has the advantage?

Would the front seven beat their blocks and stuff Barber at the line or would he gash the defense and physically impose his will?

Would Tony pick apart soft secondary coverage or would our offensive line not give him time to throw?

Would TO get off the line and make plays or would we be physical with him and take him out of routes.

Would Ware completely toast Flo?

Would Jenkins tackle Witten?

Would we have more false starts, holds and illegal shifts on offense or would we have more offsides, illegal contact and pass interference calls on defense.

Does Garrett expose Phillips?

I think I would give the edge to the offense...but sadly, I think it's awfully close. The way we're playing...a war of atrition. :(

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2403594 said:
Which weakness would get exposed...which strength would dominate (I use that term loosely). Who has the advantage?

Would the front seven beat their blocks and stuff Barber at the line or would he gash the defense and physically impose his will?

Would Tony pick apart soft secondary coverage or would our offensive line not give him time to throw?

Would TO get off the line and make plays or would we be physical with him and take him out of routes.

Would we have more false starts, holds and illegal shifts on offense or would we have more offsides, illegal contact and pass interference calls on defense.

I think I would give the edge to the offense...but sadly, I think it's awfully close. The way we're playing...a war of atrition. :(

Nobody covers T.O. one-on-one! Advantage offense.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
our offense would crush this defense. Our front 7 does not touch a ball carrier until after he has gained 4 yards....our DBs give WRs clean releases off the line. Our defense right now is a MYSTERY. Highly drafted....highly compensated MYSTERY

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Offense.

If it were a four quarter evaluation, the defensive front would win the first half and Barber would wear on them during the second half. Answer: tie.
If he attempts to sit in the pocket behind the line, he's going on the IR. If he plays as the Romo of '07, the defensive secondary's toast.

Owens would dominate our secondary. Newman included.

Like a slice of bread in a 500 degree oven.

Of course. The Giants gaffe isn't as significant as its being made out to be.

If Adams is playing, offense. If he's not, defense.

If the offensive line is completely healthy, yes. If not, no.

I agree about the offense, but that's still dependent on the complete health of the starters in my opinion.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
The defense would be exposed . This offense is good , they just aren't clicking right now and are a little banged up . This defense isn't good , and haven't been in quite some time .

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score

This is like rubbing salt on a wound!

Who knows. Between False start number 76 and Offsides Defense, it's hard to tell! ;)

JBS

Reaction score
hahahah this is laughable - assuming you mean our offense with Romo. Our offense would hang a 40 spot up - no problem.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It would be a stalemate.

Missed tackles, turnovers, penalties and cowardly players.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
ON the one hand, I'm sure we'd have to put a TE on whichever side Ware rushed from because neither of our OTs could handle him alone....but the rest of the OL would finally look like studs against our front 3 guys. We'd be able to run better too.

Overall, I'm sure our starting offense (with Romo) would have a pretty good day against our defense. Roy and TO would have fun in our secondary, even with Newman, and Witten would walk into the hall of fame against Keith Davis and our LBs.

MagicMan

Reaction score
I don't think they would get a play off----with Flozell's illegal procedure and the defense jumping offsides, we'd go back and forth with 5 yard penalties....of course then Wade would blame himself for this problem and decide to not only call the defense but the offensive plays as well.

Oy, vay :bang2:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The defense.

After all, it was Brad Johnson's play against the Dallas defense in practice that led the coaching to believe he was serviceable.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I think Ware would be the only guy that could give our offense fits. Possibly Spencer matched up against Colombo, but I haven't seen enough of the youngster to make that determination.

No doubt in my mind our offense would eat this defense alive. We don't get any pressure really outside of Ware, which would give Romo a field day. We don't necessarily have tremendous blitzers who can time the blitz and pick the right gap, so I don't see our offense struggling to pick them up. Which leaves our linebackers/safeties trying to cover guys like Witten. Good luck with that.