If Pacman is suspended...

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Does that mean we get the draft pick back from the Titans that was part of the trade? I can't remember is it's any type/length of the suspension or if he has to be suspended for the rest of the season.

Boysboy

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2325326 said:
Does that mean we get the draft pick back from the Titans that was part of the trade? I can't remember is it's any type/length of the suspension or if he has to be suspended for the rest of the season.

We won't get back our 4th rounder we gave them, but they'll have to fork over a 5th rounder, PLUS we don't have to give them our 6th rounder. Even if it's 1-gamer, same story.

Like I said-it was a win-win for us.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Boysboy;2325331 said:
We won't get back our 4th rounder we gave them, but they'll have to fork over a 5th rounder, PLUS we don't have to give them our 6th rounder. Even if it's 1-gamer, same story.

Thanks for the update. Maybe it's all part of Jerrah's plan to get those picks back.;)

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
Their is no way Pacman will be suspended for A game. Hes a multiple time offender, if he gets suspended it either be for a year or for life.

Boysboy

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2325333 said:
Thanks for the update. Maybe it's all part of Jerrah's plan to get those picks back.;)

Remember last Spring how the Titans initially wanted our 3rd rounder(unconditionally) AND a player. When Sheftner reported that initial talks were falling apart(meaning Jerry didn't blink), 90% of Zoners were calling JJ out for not making the deal.(of course, these are the same Zoners who are now throwing Jerry under the bus for bringing this thug in)

At least let's give JJ some credit-he didn't pull the trigger impulsively when the price was wrong. He could have b/c initially as well, other teams like the Pats and Saints were interested. He was patient, and he waited until the price was right.

In the end-instead of seeing the big picture, most everyone remains dissatisfied.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Boysboy;2325378 said:
Remember last Spring how the Titans initially wanted our 3rd rounder(unconditionally) AND a player. When Sheftner reported that initial talks were falling apart(meaning Jerry didn't blink), 90% of Zoners were calling JJ out for not making the deal.(of course, these are the same Zoners who are now throwing Jerry under the bus for bringing this thug in)

At least let's give JJ some credit-he didn't pull the trigger impulsively when the price was wrong. He could have b/c initially as well, other teams like the Pats and Saints were interested. He was patient, and he waited until the price was right.

In the end-instead of seeing the big picture, most everyone remains dissatisfied.

I was kind of indifferent to getting Jones. We did need a game changer in the punt return game (haven't seen that yet; just of 4 yards per return) and an extremely good nickel back (he's still knocking the rust off).

One thing Jerrah doesn't do is put the team in a bad position with draft picks, at least since the Joey Galloway trade. Very smart move on his part.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Boysboy;2325331 said:

Are all these picks due in the 2009 draft?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2325593 said:
Are all these picks due in the 2009 draft?

Yes-to clarify about the 6th rounder though...we DON'T get THEIR 6th rounder, b/c IF Pacman doesn't keep his nose clean, the we don't have to fork over OUR 6th rounder.

But hopefully, Pacman stays out of trouble, continues to contribute for us, which would make giving up our '09 6th rounder meaningless. Plus we already have like 12 picks next year anyways.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Boysboy;2325331 said:

As I recall, we get a 4th rounder back if he is suspended for the season/life by the NFL. If he misses 1 or more games due to an NFL suspension, we get a 5th rounder back and don't owe the 6th rounder. Personally, I'd take a 1 game suspension against the Rams and get the 5th and 6th rounders back.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Cowboys22;2325605 said:
As I recall, we get a 4th rounder back if he is suspended for the season/life by the NFL. If he misses 1 or more games due to an NFL suspension, we get a 5th rounder back and don't owe the 6th rounder. Personally, I'd take a 1 game suspension against the Rams and get the 5th and 6th rounders back.

I've heard both so now I'm confused. Too lazy to look it up though. Mox nix.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Cowboys22;2325605 said:

The only way we would have gotten a fourth-rounder back is if he had never been reinstated.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2325685 said:
If pac is suspended then Godell is a joke.

No, he'd be a hero. Somebody has to tell Jerry how to do his job. Somebody has to be the adult here. Maybe you think the Nixon White House should have been allowed to police/investigate itself.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2325714 said:
The only way we would have gotten a fourth-rounder back is if he had never been reinstated.

Overall-it will add to our pile of picks next year. Good thing? You betcha! Why? B/c we may have some glaring holes next year(NT, WR, ILB, OT, etc)-I can see Jerry doing alot of wheeling and deeling packing a few of those picks to get these desired players.