If Roy Willy could play this week. Good or Bad?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Roy Willy is practicing but isn't ready for this weeks game, at best next weeks game. We can use his hitting and tackling back there against the run, badly. We've been miserable at making the tackle on first contact and that's where Roy has been there for us. I know he's never been the greatest in coverage but either is Watkins or Davis, as you have seen these last few weeks. Therefore I deem this to be a very good thing that Roy Willy is coming back, he is definitely the best SS we have on this team. Even Hamlin doesn't seem to have that crunching swagger he usually has without Roy on the field. I think Roy's presence will bring some hungry, hard hitting swagger back to this D and we need it. What does everyone else think?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I heard earlier that neither he nor Watkins will be playing this week. Where did you hear they were?

1fisher

Reaction score
I'd certainly like to see some big hits from him if he plays.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I have not heard this, but if true, it would be a big plus.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
kurt warner is the happiest man on the planet with this news.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Vintage;2324192 said:
Good news.

He is a starter.

He had already lost the eye of the tiger. A recently broken arm isn't going to help him get it back. What has it been, five weeks? It normally takes a broken bone six weeks to heal, so it is going to be darn tender at best.

It he does play, he is not going to be particularly effective. Hell, when he was fully healthy, he wasn't effective. What did he have, like four tackles in two-and-a-half games?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
1fisher;2324186 said:
I'd certainly like to see some big hits from him if he plays.

yea, like that will ever happen again.

bootyhunta

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he was ruled out. He is practicing, but he isn't going to be ready to play a game until next week.

Unless he borrows Cowboy Bob Orton's cast. Then he will be able to play and will be knocking people out!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
bootyhunta;2324208 said:
I'm pretty sure he was ruled out. He is practicing, but he isn't going to be ready to play a game until next week.

Unless he borrows Cowboy Bob Orton's cast. Then he will be able to play and will be knocking people out!

no he would not..

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This was reported within the hour as of 3:50 MTD

Per KFFL....

Roy Williams (forearm) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 10. He will not play in the team's Week 6 game but may try to play in the team's Week 7 game.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2324181 said:
I heard earlier that neither he nor Watkins will be playing this week. Where did you hear they were?

Sports writer for the SUN newspaper up here in Toronto said he was practicing and looked like he had a 70 percent chance of playing today. Read the Cowboys site this week and they said he was practicing. Now I just checked the Cowboys site again and they are saying he is out at least 1 more week even though he's practicing. Watkins is out too. I'm not happy about this and sorry if I gave false hope but it sound like there's a good bunch that don't think he'd be useful anyways. We need him back and Keith Davis is definitely not a game to game solution back there regardless if Wade says he can hide safeties or not. Darn newspaper writer's, when am I ever gonna learn. Saw he was practicing Wednesday and Thursday on the DC site so it looked legit.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Typhus;2324219 said:
This was reported within the hour as of 3:50 MTD

Per KFFL....

Roy Williams (forearm) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 10. He will not play in the team's Week 6 game but may try to play in the team's Week 7 game.

And that's exact the same thing i read everywhere.

EDIT: Just read the last post.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2324222 said:
Sports writer for the SUN newspaper up here in Toronto said he was practicing and looked like he had a 70 percent chance of playing today. Read the Cowboys site this week and they said he was practicing. Now I just checked the Cowboys site again and they are saying he is out at least 1 more week even though he's practicing. Watkins is out too. I'm not happy about this and sorry if I gave false hope but it sound like there's a good bunch that don't think he'd be useful anyways. We need him back and Keith Davis is definitely not a game to game solution back there regardless if Wade says he can hide safeties or not. Darn newspaper writer's, when am I ever gonna learn. Saw he was practicing Wednesday and Thursday on the DC site so it looked legit.

I heard Larry Brown, Bill Jones and Eatman earlier on Ticket 760 Talking Cowboys and they said both Roy and Watkins will be out.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
TwentyOne;2324229 said:
And that's exact the same thing i read everywhere. So where is this information from that he is going to play ?

Must be from the heart, sole, somewhere under the skin.

joseephuss

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2324200 said:
He had already lost the eye of the tiger. A recently broken arm isn't going to help him get it back. What has it been, five weeks? It normally takes a broken bone six weeks to heal, so it is going to be darn tender at best.

It he does play, he is not going to be particularly effective. Hell, when he was fully healthy, he wasn't effective. What did he have, like four tackles in two-and-a-half games?

It seems as if it has been a while, but it has only been 4 weeks. The initial assessment was that he would miss 4 games and Arizona will be the 4th game. He got hurt on MNF against the Eagles. Green Bay was 1, Washington was 2 and Cincy was 3.