CFZ If Sean Payton Is Not Sold On Dak The Band Aid Gets Ripped Off

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
MM is gone. You know it, I know it and he knows it.

Dak's injury may take Jerry off the hook this year but if he really wants to win and he wants Sean Payton, Payton is going to dictate terms to Jerry. If he's not sold on Dak, with an excellent QB class coming out next year Jerry will be forced to make a move and if he doesn't make it he will never come close to another Super Bowl in his lifetime.

Yes, I realize there are cap, contract, and no trade clauses to deal with but you know what...find a way.

There will be teams interested in Dak and if he doesn't want to be traded (not likely) we have always wanted a good backup QB and if it came to that we'd be on a rookie QB contract anyhow and the cap continually goes up so it could be managed. It would be the Romo/Dak situation with a rookie QB seven years later.

We know four things to be absolutely true.

1. Payton is only walking into a situation that he can control.
2. Payton is only walking into a situation with a QB he can win with.
3. Jerry loves Sean Payton.
4. Jerry desperately wants one more before he goes.

If Payton is sold on Dak then he gets the benefit of the doubt.
If not - everything changes and I mean everything.

Jerry did it with Parcells because he needed his stadium and now he needs Payton because the clock is ticking and the fan base is getting restless, really restless.

Jerry...is out of time.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I suspect people counting on Sean Payton to ride in and save this franchise are setting themselves up for disappointment.

But anyone who has continued to support this team into 2022, should already be used to that. Hope springs eternal.

bewp7

Reaction score
just my thought but i think if u want sean payton as much as it could hurt u pray cowboys lose every game and get the #1 pick for stroud or a trade or some thing!

i do not buy sean payton coming here with out some thing like that because he will not come here with dak or nothing as his choice!

maybe i am wrong but i do not think it!

John813

Reaction score
Dallas can’t get rid of Dak next year. You ride out Daks huge contract next year then move on in 24 in this hypothetical

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sean Payton isn’t the savior of this franchise.

Parcells is twice the coach that Payton is, and even Parcells couldn’t overcome the Jerry Effect.

No matter who is the coach, Jerry and his minion-like family members are going to control the direction of this team.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas can’t get rid of Dak next year. You ride out Daks huge contract next year then move on in 24 in this hypothetical

And we’ll only cut him in ‘24 if they’ve totally lost patience. Cutting him and keeping him in ‘24 costs about the same thing, First season we can clear the books is ‘25.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
What Fans Want It To Be:
sean-payton-cowboys-icon-tjpg.jpg

What It Should Be:
https%3A%2F%2Fthelandryhat.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2022%2F08%2F1409005285-850x560.jpeg

What It Will Be:
kellen-moore-080619-cowboys-ftrjpg_wbfnuu2n0tl91pxvdyol99mo7.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol @ "Sean Payton dictating terms."

Payton could draft a contract, have Jerry Jones sign it, get it notarized and filed at the local courthouse. Every word of the agreement is binding until if-and-when Jones' narcissism says it does not apply to him.

It has been 33 years. And some people still believe Jones is just another Joe Six-Pack--except one who owns a quarter billion dollar yacht. Hilarious. Oh wait. Payton is one of those Men In Black guys with the flashy pen. Hey. It might work.

lol.

JayFord

Reaction score
as soon as Payton is bought in here people will flood the chat with the fact that man won 1 superbowl with Brees and had 3 7-9 seasons in a row

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sean Payton isn’t the savior of this franchise.

Parcells is twice the coach that Payton is, and even Parcells couldn’t overcome the Jerry Effect.

No matter who is the coach, Jerry and his minion-like family members are going to control the direction of this team.

And this really should be your mantra. Doesnt matter the QB. Mahomes would fail here.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
agreed. No need to trade away picks to fix this dumpster fire. Let Sean have all his picks and maybe be able to take his next qb if thats what he wants.

Dak's injury may take Jerry off the hook this year but if he really wants to win and he wants Sean Payton, Payton is going to dictate terms to Jerry. If he's not sold on Dak, with an excellent QB class coming out next year Jerry will be forced to make a move and if he doesn't make it he will never come close to another Super Bowl in his lifetime.

Yes, I realize there are cap, contract, and no trade clauses to deal with but you know what...find a way.

There will be teams interested in Dak and if he doesn't want to be traded (not likely) we have always wanted a good backup QB and if it came to that we'd be on a rookie QB contract anyhow and the cap continually goes up so it could be managed. It would be the Romo/Dak situation with a rookie QB seven years later.

Jerry did it with Parcells because he needed his stadium and now he needs Payton because the clock is ticking and the fan base is getting restless, really restless.

Jerry...is out of time.

kevinhickey

Reaction score

Jerry...is out of time.
Bang on. Jerry can’t count anymore. “I have to believe 1+1=3”

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I suspect people counting on Sean Payton to ride in and save this franchise are setting themselves up for disappointment.

But anyone who has continued to support this team into 2022, should already be used to that. Hope springs eternal.
You're talking about the same fanbase that looked at this roster and saw 11 or 12 wins this year.

Setting themselves up for disappointment is just what they some of them do.

JBS

Reaction score
People really gotta stop buying this nonsense that Jerry is desperate to win another ring

total bs

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After the Cowboys beat Tom Brady's boot with their rear ends.
Does anyone think Payton is the answer?
:laugh:

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Sad that people still think a coach is going to change this team lol. The great Bill Parcells couldn't save this mess. He and Payton got Jerry out somewhat dark years by signing Romo. The franchise is on life support until the plug gets pulled on the Jones family.