If Shultz walks, what is your level of confidence in Ferguson and Hendershot

Ozone22

Reaction score
I'm confident in both of them can and will get it done if Schultz leaves.

Stak78

Reaction score
true, but if dak wants shultz and lobbies for him, they will keep him.
Then Dak needs to take a pay cut to pay for him. We have to pay Diggs and Parsons here pretty quick. We have to go cheap somewhere and TE looks like the prime place for that.

rambo2

Reaction score
In small sample sizes, both Ferguson and Hendershot have looked like very capable NFL TE's. I wasnt high in Ferguson, but he is looking like he could become a Shultz like value in the 4th round. Talent wise, Hendershot isnt as far behind as his UDFA status implies. Without the the DV, Hendershot may have went 4th/5th.

How confident are you that either or both of these players can adequately replace Shultz in 2023
They can adequately replace Schultz or they can bring Schultz back if he will do a team friendly deal.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In small sample sizes, both Ferguson and Hendershot have looked like very capable NFL TE's. I wasnt high in Ferguson, but he is looking like he could become a Shultz like value in the 4th round. Talent wise, Hendershot isnt as far behind as his UDFA status implies. Without the the DV, Hendershot may have went 4th/5th.

How confident are you that either or both of these players can adequately replace Shultz in 2023

if you get rid of Shultz then you have to get some other kind of dynamic passing weapon in here. Shultz is clearly Dak's security blanket and favorite play down by the GL. That can be just as important as a #1 WR or big play weapon like Lamb.

Neither of those guys can catch or get open like Shultz can. Better blockers, but not in the passing game.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I’m 100% confident in them being able to replace Shultz. By next season, when they would actually be replacing him… they’ll be even better and stronger than they are now. They’ll have a season under their belts and a whole offseason strength program, plus OTA’s, minicamps, etc.

Right now, they can do anything that Shultz can do… but they can block and run like Shultz can’t.

Hendershot and Fergy actually compliment each other very nicely and can be a very effective 1-2 punch at TE.

rambo2

Reaction score
100% confident they can replace schultz easy

if they bring schultz back it willbe a big mistake

not because he is bad he is ok but u dont use cap space on some thing u can easy replace and they already have it on the roster

i think ferguson will be better by himself!
They built the current team they have with their current cap space and have one of the best teams in the league.

Stsinaz12

Reaction score

1000%

rambo2

Reaction score
There is one post in this thread I agree with. The rest are comments from myopic views of Schultz. The catch in the corner of the endzone against the Giants was much tougher than it looked. I marvel at players who follow the flight of the ball, and when it arrives, the defender is blocking the visual at or near the last second, but the player still makes the catch.

I also seem to recall Schultz running with Pollard to block a safety, then peeled off and blocked another DB for that sweet TD by Pollard. Fact is, Schultz block at the sidelines sprung Pollard's swing pass for TD.

As far as run after the catch, I think the jaded attitudes of many here seems to miss that he does move the ball and moves the chains.

I find it a shame that when a player is at the point in his career he deserves a raise, that this board turns on them. Some might say its because he was holding out. That he was being greedy. But doesn't that speak more to Jerry Jones, who caves in negotiations and over pays than the player who is just trying to capitalize off his football career?

The sanctimony that is displayed, when people vent about him wanting money I find to be hypocritical. There isn't a poster on this board who wouldn't want to pave their way in life from NFL money, when managed correctly. Yet people here act like that cash is coming out of their pockets. It isn't.

Not to mention this trio of TE's is being implemented in a way which appears to be difficult for the opposition to control.

The Stockholm Syndrome is an affect where the person kidnapped begins to identify with its captor. That is what this fanbase is experiencing. The Jones and their ineptitude has kidnapped all of you guys, and now you're seeing logic in their slipshod management, and echoing Little Anus' cheapness.

Schultz is not the enemy.
The board is full of people that don't know what they are talking about. I wouldn't worry about what the board says.

plasticman

Reaction score
Both of these guys are better than Schultz in his rookie season. They are both absolute steals

Remember what they say, players take their biggest jump in improvement during their 2nd season.

I even think at least one of them will have a breakout season next year and they are both improving game by game this year.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The board is full of people that don't know what they are talking about. I wouldn't worry about what the board says.

It would seem silly to argue about the board, off the board. Or at least that's what my psychiatrist tells me.

Proof

Reaction score
There is one post in this thread I agree with. The rest are comments from myopic views of Schultz. The catch in the corner of the endzone against the Giants was much tougher than it looked. I marvel at players who follow the flight of the ball, and when it arrives, the defender is blocking the visual at or near the last second, but the player still makes the catch.

I also seem to recall Schultz running with Pollard to block a safety, then peeled off and blocked another DB for that sweet TD by Pollard. Fact is, Schultz block at the sidelines sprung Pollard's swing pass for TD.

As far as run after the catch, I think the jaded attitudes of many here seems to miss that he does move the ball and moves the chains.

I find it a shame that when a player is at the point in his career he deserves a raise, that this board turns on them. Some might say its because he was holding out. That he was being greedy. But doesn't that speak more to Jerry Jones, who caves in negotiations and over pays than the player who is just trying to capitalize off his football career?

The sanctimony that is displayed, when people vent about him wanting money I find to be hypocritical. There isn't a poster on this board who wouldn't want to pave their way in life from NFL money, when managed correctly. Yet people here act like that cash is coming out of their pockets. It isn't.

Not to mention this trio of TE's is being implemented in a way which appears to be difficult for the opposition to control.

The Stockholm Syndrome is an affect where the person kidnapped begins to identify with its captor. That is what this fanbase is experiencing. The Jones and their ineptitude has kidnapped all of you guys, and now you're seeing logic in their slipshod management, and echoing Little Anus' cheapness.

Schultz is not the enemy.

Sounds like you're the one on the soapbox and being sanctimonious lol. Haven't seen anyone mad at Schulz for getting paid, just that we shouldn't continue to pay him at that rate moving forward with much cheaper replacements in the wing, and much better ways to allocate his salary moving forward. I hope he breaks the bank somewhere and enjoys a very luxurious, well earned life.

Proof

Reaction score

You post here as well lol. I always chuckle at people who talk poorly about the company they keep.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
10/10 confidence we can be just as good without him. Like him but he's not needed I don't think.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Sounds like you're the one on the soapbox and being sanctimonious lol. Haven't seen anyone mad at Schulz for getting paid, just that we shouldn't continue to pay him at that rate moving forward with much cheaper replacements in the wing, and much better ways to allocate his salary moving forward. I hope he breaks the bank somewhere and enjoys a very luxurious, well earned life.

Don't read here much, huh?

aikemirv

Reaction score

confident