If the NFL expanded...

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
If the NFL made a decision to add a 33rd team,which city do you think should get it?

I'd say Birmingham or Southern California

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Bah.
They should consider cutting off some of the dead weight like the Cardinals. :D
Too many teams would just be overkill.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Boston/Chicago could support a 2nd team.

Las Vegas a longshot

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
vta;2306455 said:
Bah.

If we contracted, I'd vote for the contraction of the Jaguars and Panthers.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
windward;2306459 said:
If we contracted, I'd vote for the contraction of the Jaguars and Panthers.

Ya think??
They seem to have accomplished more in their 13 years than the Cards have in their 110 year history... :laugh1:

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Los Angeles will get the next team whether it is through expansion or a team relocating.

If the league contracted, I would cut Philadelphia and Washington.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
windward;2306449 said:
If the NFL made a decision to add a 33rd team,which city do you think should get it?

I for one think Cali has enough teams.....I think Alabama would be a good choice... they love some football......

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
vta;2306455 said:
Bah.

They might not have achieved much but the fan support is very good yet in the PHX area. Plus, they just built a brand new stadium, Cardinals aren't going anywhere.

I would say get rid of the Ravens, Texans, Atlanta, St. Louis, Carolina

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
The league has reached a perfect equilibrium with an equal number of teams in each division and a balanced playoff system...I see no reason to throw it all out of whack by adding an oddball team. I doubt that the NFL sees any reason to do so either since they are the most popular sport in our country.

I can see only one change that makes any sense and that is to let the number four seed be vulnerable to a Wild Card with a BETTER (not equal with a tie breaker advantage but BETTER) record knock them out of the playoffs. That is tweaking a near perfect system but it would make it a little more interesting down the stretch for a lot of teams.

notherbob

Reaction score
I doubt the NFL will either expand or contract any time soon but rather they would likely move some teams around. They kinda like the balance of their current setup.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Whoever thinks Baltimore should NOT have a team is crazy. This town loves the Ravens, and had had its heart smashed when the Colts left in 83.

ENGCowboy

Reaction score
I read a rumour they might look to expand following the economic down turn but get rid of divisions and just play as two conferences where playoff qualifiers are top 6 teams from each conference. That way NFC East teams could all be in the playoffs for example.

As I said just a rumour but not too shabby an idea in my eyes

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JackMagist;2306526 said:
The league has reached a perfect equilibrium with an equal number of teams in each division and a balanced playoff system...I see no reason to throw it all out of whack by adding an oddball team. I doubt that the NFL sees any reason to do so either since they are the most popular sport in our country.

I can see only one change that makes any sense and that is to let the number four seed be vulnerable to a Wild Card with a BETTER (not equal with a tie breaker advantage but BETTER) record knock them out of the playoffs. That is tweaking a near perfect system but it would make it a little more interesting down the stretch for a lot of teams.
The voice of reason in this thread.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
dadymat;2306510 said:
I for one think Cali has enough teams.....I think Alabama would be a good choice... they love some football......

Yeah, but Alabama loves college football, and the Titans aren't too far away. Besides, it isn't a huge market.

It would have to be So. Cal. Tijuana perhaps? :D

StylisticS

Reaction score
Boysboy;2306634 said:
Oklahoma City

They won't get one for the same reason Birmingham won't get one. COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I think there should be no more expansions IMO.

jimmy40

Reaction score
windward;2306449 said:

Mexico City