If the WFT wins out, they take the East

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are 7-4 and lost the last 2, WFT is 5-6 and has won the last 3.

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

This game coming up Thursday is critical because Dallas is 5-1 and WFT is 5-2 in the conference games so even if they split, very little wiggle room in tie breaking if Dallas loses to the Saints and they're sitting at 5-6 so that could even have tie-breaker implications if the Cowboys do not take the division. That and losing 3 in a row becomes a trend.

Just another sign of how crazy the NFL has been this season. We were comfortably giving up the rest of the division for dead just several weeks ago and they begin to show signs of life when the Cowboys are playing dead.

The wild card in this is where will AZ be when they come to Dallas, fighting to hold onto the homefield? I don't think they would have that locked up with 2 games left but a lot I didn't think would happen has already happened.

With the tight bunching in the NFC, even making a wild card spot is not assured. Some feel the Cowboys are a lock for at least a wild card spot but don't they have to start winning to even do that?

JayFord

Reaction score
they'll make the playoffs at 9-8 or 8-9

but then again closing out with 5 straight division games is brutal idc how bad the eagles and giants are they could lose all of em and end up 5-12

Praxit

Reaction score
The Cowboys are 7-4 and lost the last 2, WFT is 5-6 and has won the last 3.

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

This game coming up Thursday is critical because Dallas is 5-1 and WFT is 5-2 in the conference games so even if they split, very little wiggle room in tie breaking if Dallas loses to the Saints and they're sitting at 5-6 so that could even have tie-breaker implications if the Cowboys do not take the division. That and losing 3 in a row becomes a trend.

Just another sign of how crazy the NFL has been this season. We were comfortably giving up the rest of the division for dead just several weeks ago and they begin to show signs of life when the Cowboys are playing dead.

The wild card in this is where will AZ be when they come to Dallas, fighting to hold onto the homefield? I don't think they would have that locked up with 2 games left but a lot I didn't think would happen has already happened.

With the tight bunching in the NFC, even making a wild card spot is not assured. Some feel the Cowboys are a lock for at least a wild card spot but don't they have to start winning to even do that?
..dont do this, CC. Getting me scared. ;).. We're suppose to win the whole thing, remember?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4 games ago I would have been shocked.....now?...not so much
Hell, I was focused on the conference, not the division.

WFT was supposed to have this drop dead defense and they were ranked last in some categories 4 weeks ago.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't see Washington winning out but I agree, we really don't know who the Cowboys are. Maybe if they get healthy and stop shooting themselves in the foot they will blow through the rest of the NFC East, but the Giants have showed they can move the football when healthy and I expect they will be by the time they face Dallas. They can also play defense. I am not convinced the WFT is that good. Beating Seattle is not exactly a great fete this year, but the WFT did beat the Bucs. I still think the Eagles are better than the WFT and will beat them at least one of the two games they play.

I think it all depends on injuries and COVID. Whoever is healthiest these last 6 weeks is going to win. Dallas is supposed to get most of their players back. The Eagles are not getting their OGs back and the WFT is not getting their DEs back.

I was kind of hoping Dallas had the NFCE wrapped up by the time they face Arizona. It will be tough if Dallas needed one of its last two games to win the division.

This week is going to reveal a lot. If Dallas beats New Orleans in New Orleans then we know Dallas is not done just yet. If Washington loses to the Raiders then we know Washington is still not a good football team. If the Cowboys lose and Washington wins then we have to worry. Maybe WFT is better than we thought.