If the WFT wins out, they take the East

johneric8

Reaction score
The Cowboys are 7-4 and lost the last 2, WFT is 5-6 and has won the last 3.

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

This game coming up Thursday is critical because Dallas is 5-1 and WFT is 5-2 in the conference games so even if they split, very little wiggle room in tie breaking if Dallas loses to the Saints and they're sitting at 5-6 so that could even have tie-breaker implications if the Cowboys do not take the division. That and losing 3 in a row becomes a trend.

Just another sign of how crazy the NFL has been this season. We were comfortably giving up the rest of the division for dead just several weeks ago and they begin to show signs of life when the Cowboys are playing dead.

The wild card in this is where will AZ be when they come to Dallas, fighting to hold onto the homefield? I don't think they would have that locked up with 2 games left but a lot I didn't think would happen has already happened.

With the tight bunching in the NFC, even making a wild card spot is not assured. Some feel the Cowboys are a lock for at least a wild card spot but don't they have to start winning to even do that?
Really, you're worried about foreskins?

Carson

Reaction score
WFT football loses Sunday. The coin says so, so it has been written

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Who cares? If that garbage team sweeps Dallas, they deserve the crown.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really, you're worried about foreskins?
Not worried about them or the Eagles, if I am worried, it is about the Cowboys.

I am on record as using the missing players as reasons and not excuses so I do think the Cowboys can right this ship but a team 2 games behind with 6 left to play in control of their own destiny is unusual.

I also do not think the WFT will win out but I also do not think the Cowboys will and this end of season schedule is just dripping with drama.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When the whole division is close to 8-9 or 9-8 there is very little room for error

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
......and if i can get my six numbers right, i hit the lottery. c'mon Baby......:clap:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

This game coming up Thursday is critical because Dallas is 5-1 and WFT is 5-2 in the conference games so even if they split, very little wiggle room in tie breaking if Dallas loses to the Saints and they're sitting at 5-6 so that could even have tie-breaker implications if the Cowboys do not take the division. That and losing 3 in a row becomes a trend.

Just another sign of how crazy the NFL has been this season. We were comfortably giving up the rest of the division for dead just several weeks ago and they begin to show signs of life when the Cowboys are playing dead.

The wild card in this is where will AZ be when they come to Dallas, fighting to hold onto the homefield? I don't think they would have that locked up with 2 games left but a lot I didn't think would happen has already happened.

With the tight bunching in the NFC, even making a wild card spot is not assured. Some feel the Cowboys are a lock for at least a wild card spot but don't they have to start winning to even do that?
The title should be if the Cowboys win out they take the East. But this is the Cowboyszone where negativity reigjns. :facepalm: And a moderator no less.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The best you can ask for is that WAS has to go thru Dallas to do anything, and if the Cowboys let them they deserve it. The East is about whether the Cowboys are going to implode or not...other than that it's locked up.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

and if I hit 12 numbers on my lotto ticket, I will be worth hundreds of millions.

I do not bet... ever. But I will bet you 1000 dollars to your 100 dollars they do not win out. Damn, if they win all their games, they will be SB Champs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Washington is playing much better than we are for sure.

They beat the Bucs recently, which means they can beat anybody in the league.
what I read was the last 4 games they have played way better on both off and def. Rivera says it is the team just working harder.
the defense we saw last season is apparently back last few games.

anything is possible , and if saints beat dallas, and skins win , then that will make our game with them and the div race more interesting.

I predicted dallas would finish 10-7, and 4 weeks ago, I thought I had vastly underestimated them. Now 10-7 looks reasonable.
I still think they make Playoffs. and probably win the div. But dont count out wash yet.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Doh ! Any NFC team to get 10 wins first take the division i.m.o , good problem to have , if east is competitive then Cowboys cant relax and have to work their butts off, thats the only way to go to playoffs. See last year Tampa’s run , they got hot and stayed hot.

ghst187

Reaction score
Wft is going to be a very tough game for us as they matchup well against us…stingy DL will stuff our anemic running game. They will do what everyone’s been doing and squat our short routes. Since the bye, they have been playing really well as a unit and while Hiney has a noodle arm and should be a career backup, he’s playing well enough to win with short routes and throwing to running backs and hasn’t been making the backbreaking TO he always did. Had we played them a month ago we would’ve shellacked them by 20. Now, tossup.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The title should be if the Cowboys win out they take the East. But this is the Cowboyszone where negativity reigjns. :facepalm: And a moderator no less.
No, because anyone realizes the team leading the division wins out they win the division, isn't that stating the obvious?

I thought it was odd that a team behind 2 games with 6 left could control their own destiny and win the division.

Each of the teams, including PHL and NYG in a long shot, is still alive to win the division but only two can win it by winning out but there are also other scenarios that have each team winning it.

The division has not had a repeat winner in 17 years. If WFT were to pull that off, they would be the 1st since PHL in 2004.

I am not suggesting that they will win out or win the division, I still think the Cowboys will win it but I did think it was odd the WFT didn't need any help to take it from behind.

What this does, in essence, is put the Saints game as a must win for several reasons but most of all to stop the bleeding.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and if I hit 12 numbers on my lotto ticket, I will be worth hundreds of millions.

I do not bet... ever. But I will bet you 1000 dollars to your 100 dollars they do not win out. Damn, if they win all their games, they will be SB Champs.
Wait a minute, you don't bet but then invite me in on a 10 to 1 wager. I can see why you don't bet...ever.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

And if Dak was the best qb in the world, he’d be the best qb in the world.