If the WFT wins out, they take the East

ryanbabs

Reaction score
The Cowboys are 7-4 and lost the last 2, WFT is 5-6 and has won the last 3.

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

This game coming up Thursday is critical because Dallas is 5-1 and WFT is 5-2 in the conference games so even if they split, very little wiggle room in tie breaking if Dallas loses to the Saints and they're sitting at 5-6 so that could even have tie-breaker implications if the Cowboys do not take the division. That and losing 3 in a row becomes a trend.

Just another sign of how crazy the NFL has been this season. We were comfortably giving up the rest of the division for dead just several weeks ago and they begin to show signs of life when the Cowboys are playing dead.

The wild card in this is where will AZ be when they come to Dallas, fighting to hold onto the homefield? I don't think they would have that locked up with 2 games left but a lot I didn't think would happen has already happened.

With the tight bunching in the NFC, even making a wild card spot is not assured. Some feel the Cowboys are a lock for at least a wild card spot but don't they have to start winning to even do that?
If they can’t beat that crap team at least once then they don’t deserve anything anyways.

Aven8

Reaction score
I don't see Washington winning out but I agree, we really don't know who the Cowboys are. Maybe if they get healthy and stop shooting themselves in the foot they will blow through the rest of the NFC East, but the Giants have showed they can move the football when healthy and I expect they will be by the time they face Dallas. They can also play defense. I am not convinced the WFT is that good. Beating Seattle is not exactly a great fete this year, but the WFT did beat the Bucs. I still think the Eagles are better than the WFT and will beat them at least one of the two games they play.

I think it all depends on injuries and COVID. Whoever is healthiest these last 6 weeks is going to win. Dallas is supposed to get most of their players back. The Eagles are not getting their OGs back and the WFT is not getting their DEs back.

I was kind of hoping Dallas had the NFCE wrapped up by the time they face Arizona. It will be tough if Dallas needed one of its last two games to win the division.

This week is going to reveal a lot. If Dallas beats New Orleans in New Orleans then we know Dallas is not done just yet. If Washington loses to the Raiders then we know Washington is still not a good football team. If the Cowboys lose and Washington wins then we have to worry. Maybe WFT is better than we thought.

The season is so long that lots of things happen. NE for instance looked just ok, but since they played us tough they haven’t lost. Meanwhile we’ve looked the opposite since than. Same goes for Wash. Philly was looking good as well he until last week. Cincy was all world early on and had a lull and now look all world again. The season is long and has lots of ups and downs

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Last week it was the eagles.....this week its WFT.......I'm guessing next week the giants will be projected to overtake the cowboys to take the east.

coult44

Reaction score

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

This game coming up Thursday is critical because Dallas is 5-1 and WFT is 5-2 in the conference games so even if they split, very little wiggle room in tie breaking if Dallas loses to the Saints and they're sitting at 5-6 so that could even have tie-breaker implications if the Cowboys do not take the division. That and losing 3 in a row becomes a trend.

Just another sign of how crazy the NFL has been this season. We were comfortably giving up the rest of the division for dead just several weeks ago and they begin to show signs of life when the Cowboys are playing dead.

The wild card in this is where will AZ be when they come to Dallas, fighting to hold onto the homefield? I don't think they would have that locked up with 2 games left but a lot I didn't think would happen has already happened.

With the tight bunching in the NFC, even making a wild card spot is not assured. Some feel the Cowboys are a lock for at least a wild card spot but don't they have to start winning to even do that?
Don’t worry,
They will lose to Raiders, and and and probably split with us and the giants . Sorry to disappoint you

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I already laid a parlay bet, cowboys lose, Commanders win. I'm 95% confident it will happen. Going to be a glorious week.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
We were comfortably giving up the rest of the division for dead just several weeks ago
I was never comfortable with that. Rarely does a team just run away with a division and certainly not a team rebounding from a season like 2020. You had to expect the rivals would improve over the course of the season.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I already laid a parlay bet, cowboys lose, Football Team win. I'm 95% confident it will happen. Going to be a glorious week.

Not sure why that substituted football team for "red$k1ns", is that a rule on these forums that we can't call a team by their original names? I didn't thoroughly read the rules page but I'm pretty sure there isn't a line item that states thou shalt nought use the term Commanders. So on the off topic forums can I talk about the Cleveland Indians or is that term now banned as well?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Anything can happen in the games to come. No question but what the upcoming game with the Saints might be an important factor in how we'll fare throughout the remainder of the season. If our injured players return as expected, we'll still have an excellent chance of being a playoff contender. Yet, much remains to be seen before all the questions are answered. We're still leading our division, folks! That's usually quite advantageous. ;)

Last edited:

mldardy

Reaction score

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

WFT won't win out so....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Only realistic scenario where WFT wins the division is by sweeping us. If they split with us, going to be almost impossible to overtake us.

If we split, WFT literally has to win almost every other game on their schedule and we would have to lose almost every other game on our schedule. Not gonna happen.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Awww.. look at those cute Washington Football fans get all excited.

Hey buddy, if you win out, you can win the division. Yes you can!

giphy.gif

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
WFT barely beat a washed and depleted Seahawks. They blow. If cowboys lose to WFT then this team was a mirage.

I'm glad you said that. Now i have a question. Are the Bucs a mirage? You know, since WFT beat them last week.

Califan007

Reaction score
Yes ...... If the 5-6 team suddenly wins out.

:facepalm:

2005: Skins were 5-6, then won out (5-0) and made the playoffs (ironically kept the Cowboys out of the playoffs by doing so).
2007: Skins were 5-7, then won out (4-0) and made the playoffs.
2012: Skins were 3-6, then won out (7-0) and won the division (ironically kept the Cowboys out of the playoffs by doing so).
2015: Skins were 4-6, then went 5-1 and won the division (ironically the one loss was to the Cowboys' injury-ravaged team).
2020: Ski--er, the WFT was 2-7, then went 5-2 and won the division.
2021: WFT was 2-6, then have gone 3-0 since then.....

That has happened under 4 different coaches. For whatever reason, WFT fans are used to having to go on lengthy winning streaks (or at least having no more than one or two losses down the stretch) in order to get to the playoffs, if not win the division.

kevm3

Reaction score
If they win out, which involves beating us twice, then they deserve it.