If the WFT wins out, they take the East

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Only one I’m worried about playing better is Dak. Fix him and will be fine folks

I am also worried about Dak but I am more worried about the offensive line. Because if they don't play better I don't think Dak is going to play any better because he's always going to be running for his life, uncomfortable in the pocket and rushing throws. After enough hits every QB starts to see ghosts and hear footsteps.. It's human nature and you can't fight it. To say nothing of not having any semblance of a running game to help out and keep the wolves at bay.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If they win out, which involves beating us twice, then they deserve it.

Yeah I don't know why this is some sort of breaking news.. If they win 7 straight games they will have earned the division title and more..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was never comfortable with that. Rarely does a team just run away with a division and certainly not a team rebounding from a season like 2020. You had to expect the rivals would improve over the course of the season.
I expected WFT to do that because they started off as one of the worst D's in the league after being one of the best in 2020 but then they lost Chase Young and actually began to play better on both sides of the ball. Doesn't really jive since the D's are usually ahead of the O's to start the season.

Teams going on runs is not an oddity in the NFL or the East. With all of the East teams playing each other so close together, I would think sweeping isn't as likely but I have seen some very unlikely things so far in this NFL season.

The odd thing is that neither the Cowboys or WFT needs any help to win the East. Although the Cowboys losing to the Saints would help WFT a lot, whether they win in Vegas or not.

I've watched both teams play and right now, WFT is playing with more fire and a higher sense of urgency. Hunting is preferrable to being hunted. And if the Cowboys lose tomorrow night, the hunting just gets a little easier.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I could be wrong but the Cowboys can wrap up the NFC East by beating the Saints, WFT, and Giants the next three weeks. That makes them 10-4 with a 4-0 division record and WFT would be no better than 7-7 with three games left at point with a head to head loss to Dallas.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They will lose at least twice to us. We win… But this is why you beat teams you should beat..

Adreme

Reaction score
I could be wrong but the Cowboys can wrap up the NFC East by beating the Saints, WFT, and Giants the next three weeks. That makes them 10-4 with a 4-0 division record and WFT would be no better than 7-7 with three games left at point with a head to head loss to Dallas.

I mean Wash can tie the H2H easily enough so I don’t know who would win the 4th tiebreaker.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
WFT ain't winning out. Trust me. They're not some juggernaut. Riverboat Ron and McCarthy are about at the same level for coaching. So if nothing else, Riverboat Ron will cost them a game or two by himself.

So even if the Cowboys lose to the Saints, all they really need to do is beat the NFC East teams on their schedule. And if the Cowboys can't beat the NFC East teams, they shouldn't be in the playoffs anyway.

But no matter what, I just don't see the WFT winning out, because I don't see ANY NFCE team winning out, I don't care how "easy" their schedule looks.