If there are other teams interested in Garrett like they claim

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
There is absolutely no interest whatsoever in Garrett outside of Dallas. I honestly can't even see him being a serious OC candidate. Players and TV analysts have mentioned several times that his schemes are too predictable. There's not a team out there clamoring to bring in an OC whose calling card is a conservative, predictable scheme.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
What team has said anything about being interested in Garrett.

Trust me, all these teams have played against Garrett and laughed at the scheme and preparation.
I don’t think any NFC East teams are laughing. If nothing else, he has dominated the division.

Reaction score
I do understand better than a lot of you guys, because I don’t overreact emotionally to things, but I never suggested the guy was a genius. Just a good coach.
Overreact?

To an entire decade of mediocrity? A decade? How many lifetimes are we to wait to witness the genius that is Jason Garrett. For me, I only have about 50 years left. Please let me know when he becomes the next Belichek.

Kaiser

Reaction score
To an entire decade of mediocrity? A decade?

Mediocrity means below average. Even with the most snakebit season in at least ten years, Dallas went to the playoffs in 3 of the last 6 seasons and only has one losing season in that time because of Romo's injury.

No matter how brutal this year was, you can't call it a decade of mediocrity.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Overreact?

To an entire decade of mediocrity? A decade? How many lifetimes are we to wait to witness the genius that is Jason Garrett. For me, I only have about 50 years left. Please let me know when he becomes the next Belichek.
I don't even have that and If i somehow live that long I probably wouldn't understand what was going on. lol

Reaction score
Mediocrity means below average. Even with the most snakebit season in at least ten years, Dallas went to the playoffs in 3 of the last 6 seasons and only has one losing season in that time because of Romo's injury.

Only the great Jeff Fisher has coached more 8-8 seasons than your guy. The very definition of average.

By the way, I would not be surprised if Fisher is on Jerry's short list.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Overreact?

He thinks people just started hating Garrett lol. Emotional....overreacting. Ok buddy

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Four 8-8 seasons, should have been a fifth' had a 4-12 season and couldn't win anything with any backup and of his 3 playoff teams the only one I wasn't mad at the coach was in 2014 on the Dez catch. The others was clock mismanagement again and total incompetence.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The others was clock mismanagement again and total incompetence.

How do you go to the playoffs in 3 of the last 5 years when you are totally incompetent?

You guys are making Idgit's point for him.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
How do you go to the playoffs in 3 of the last 5 years when you are totally incompetent?

You beat mediocre and bad teams. You act like the nfc east has been all that great. I wonder what Garrett's record is against the top teams in the league. Yea he'll win one once in a while like the Saints game but it isn't consistent.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dilfer could be his weekend BBQ buddy for all we know. I don't give what he says a second of serious consideration.

I can only go off what I see. The teams that need head coaches are not waiting on Jerry Jones to move on.

You were still wrong. You said no one else makes the claim.

He has no known ties to the Dallas Cowboys while having known contacts in multiple NFL teams but of course you are unwilling to take contrary evidence to your position that lacks any evidence at all. Your epistemology sucks.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is a coaching genius. He would be hired real fast unless he takes a FO position , hopefully he get a new contract

Reaction score

Garrett is very competent at being mediocre.

He is completely incompetent at being Championship calibre.

One can be competent at checkers, but incompetent at chess. That's Garrett as a HC

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
We have a report that says that other teams like him. There is no report that supports your position.
Other than they don't seem to be waiting for him. Other teams are having coaching interviews. And the only ones that I heard that said teams were interested in him was Dilfer and Jerry. Not too much if you ask me.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Other than they don't seem to be waiting for him. Other teams are having coaching interviews. And the only ones that I heard that said teams were interested in him was Dilfer and Jerry. Not to much if you ask me.

And what sources do you have that he is garnering no interest? None nada zilch zero null.

We have a direct report from a national reporter that other teams like him. He is under contract for another 12 days. Do you understand the significance of that?

MikeT22

Reaction score
It truly isn’t. What it would be is a testament to how little fans understand about what goes into coaching an NFL team. As fans are, generally, largely clueless.

largely clueless, much like Jerry.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
And what sources do you have that he is garnering no interest? None nada zilch zero null.

We have a direct report from a national reporter that other teams like him. He is under contract for another 12 days. Do you understand the significance of that?
No because I don't care. These teams , obviously don't care enough to wait. If Garrett was really done here Jerry could give him permission to interview with these other teams. So we just take these reporters words on the matter . How many times have they been wrong? I can probably count a dozen times just on the Zeke contract alone. I wouldn't trust anything they say.