If there are other teams interested in Garrett like they claim

kskboys

Reaction score
Mediocrity means below average. Even with the most snakebit season in at least ten years, Dallas went to the playoffs in 3 of the last 6 seasons and only has one losing season in that time because of Romo's injury.

No matter how brutal this year was, you can't call it a decade of mediocrity.
3 out of 10, you mean.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
No team is interested in Jason Garrett and I can’t believe that YOU BELIEVE even a speck of what the senile circus chimp Jerry Jones says. 10 years is enough evidence. I’m sure the other 31 teams are competent enough to realize that.

LLLOOOLLL, Stop Preaching Amari.

Dre11

Reaction score
No team is interested in Jason Garrett and I can’t believe that YOU BELIEVE even a speck of what the senile circus chimp Jerry Jones says. 10 years is enough evidence. I’m sure the other 31 teams are competent enough to realize that.

You might be that circus chimp , Trent Dilfer who's pretty respected said it as well.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ed-garrett-hell-be-no-1-candidate-for-nfl-job

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...s-incredibly-well-respected-around-the-league

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If he takes a psuedo fron office position that'll expose the theory of him being sought after. Coaches want to coach. Garrett isnt 70 years old in bad health.

Why? In what way does him deciding to stay with the Cowboys in a FO position mean other teams do not want him? Oh yeah it doesn't.

I know you think making baseless statements about "coaches" posits something but it doesn't.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No because I don't care. These teams , obviously don't care enough to wait. If Garrett was really done here Jerry could give him permission to interview with these other teams. So we just take these reporters words on the matter . How many times have they been wrong? I can probably count a dozen times just on the Zeke contract alone. I wouldn't trust anything they say.

Whether or not you care is besides the point.

There is zero evidence to support your position. You should care about having no backing but if you don't: whatevs.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Why? In what way does him deciding to stay with the Cowboys in a FO position mean other teams do not want him? Oh yeah it doesn't.

I know you think making baseless statements about "coaches" posits something but it doesn't.
Read between the lines. Hes a coach and wants to coach. If he takes the fake front office job hes the coward i always thought he was. Running away from a challenge. Jerry basically told him youre not a good enough coach. You can play your little games all you want to.

Reaction score
Who cares if he's in demand or not?

If I lived in Dallas, I'd drive him to the airport, carry his luggage, shake his hand good bye, and dance all the way back to my car.

This idea that he's going to be a coaching icon the second he's on another team is laughable.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Read between the lines. Hes a coach and wants to coach. If he takes the fake front office job hes the coward i always thought he was. Running away from a challenge. Jerry basically told him youre not a good enough coach. You can play your little games all you want to.

What i read between the lines is obnoxious confirmation bias that ignore direct evidence in favor of mental gymnastics and wishcasting.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

Trent Dilfer? Respected where? Is he an owner or GM of an NFL team? I think not. The only job Jason Garrett would be a #1 candidate for in the NFL is for being the water boy. Maybe Trent Dilfer meant that. Trust me, no one is knocking down their doors to get Jason Garrett and “the respected” Trent Doofus isn’t going to change my mind.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

This is an insult! To circus chimps..

Kaiser

Reaction score
3 out of 10, you mean.

Mediocrity means below average. Garrett's record is 85-67 over that time, which by definition isn't mediocre.

Garrett has his flaws but every HC not named Belichick does. Its past time for him to leave but all this foot stomping about it is childish.

MaineBoy

Reaction score

Have you noticed that only you and Dilfer are trying to sell this snake oil ? Yeh, he’s so well respected around the league that he is linked to ZERO current coaching vacancies. Why do you think he lets Jerry treat him like his biotch all these years by letting him twist in the wind now and criticizing him publicly before ? Cause Carrot has no other options.

Dodger12

Reaction score

Absolutely correct. Real coaches coach. It's in their blood and they can't stay away from the game. Garrett's a coward who will never dip his toe in the real world of coaching accountability.

These same folks holding Garrett's jock on this board are the same folks who told us 10 plus years ago how great he was. The only evidence they had was some abstract idea that he's smart, someone wants him, person X speaks highly of him, etc. It's never based on anything concrete. And now we have to believe them again because, well, you know....they're smarter than us. They can keep sniffing Garrett's jock and pound sand.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Dude Dilfer been regarded as one of the better analyst . trust you?...lol you're a peon with absolutely no knowledge of what is said inside the inner circles of the NFL.....lol

Yes, Dilfer is a football savant. We should all agree with his every word.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/chip-kelly-best-espn-philadelphia-eagles-trent-dilfer

ESPN's Trent Dilfer says Chip Kelly is the best coach he's ever studied

Dilfer: “I’m completely, 100 percent all in on Chip Kelly. In my time in football and I’ve been around some really good coaches. Tony Dungy, Brian Billick for a stretch when he had his fastball, Mike Holmgren, obviously, Norv Turner, who is one of the best offensive minds in many years. Of all those people, I think this is the finest football coach I’ve ever studied.”

Dre11

Reaction score
Have you noticed that only you and Dilfer are trying to sell this snake oil ? Yeh, he’s so well respected around the league that he is linked to ZERO current coaching vacancies. Why do you think he lets Jerry treat him like his biotch all these years by letting him twist in the wind now and criticizing him publicly before ? Cause Carrot has no other options.

You have no idea if he is linked to anybody or not, you're just running your trap. Dilfer isn't the only one to say it either, Fisher, and even Broaddus has said he'd be hired. Dilfer is more plugged into the NFL than both us

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Absolutely correct. Real coaches coach. It's in their blood and they can't stay away from the game. Garrett's a coward who will never dip his toe in the real world of coaching accountability.

These same folks holding Garrett's jock on this board are the same folks who told us 10 plus years ago how great he was. The only evidence they had was some abstract idea that he's smart, someone wants him, person X speaks highly of him, etc. It's never based on anything concrete. And now we have to believe them again because, well, you know....they're smarter than us. They can keep sniffing Garrett's jock and pound sand.
He knows it too, hes just being ignorant and trying to argue. I WANT him in New York. He won't have a gm or owner doing weekly radio. He can address the team how he wants. I dare him to gtfoh and leave this franchise like a man with a pair.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/chip-kelly-best-espn-philadelphia-eagles-trent-dilfer

Dilfer: “I’m completely, 100 percent all in on Chip Kelly. In my time in football and I’ve been around some really good coaches. Tony Dungy, Brian Billick for a stretch when he had his fastball, Mike Holmgren, obviously, Norv Turner, who is one of the best offensive minds in many years. Of all those people, I think this is the finest football coach I’ve ever studied.”
:lmao:

Dre11

Reaction score

your point? Because his style didn't work in the NFL, doesn't mean the man isn't a good coach...lol thisnisnthe dumbest thing to post. Nick Saban failed miserably in NFL, never meant he was a great coach..lol

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

:hammer: