If there are other teams interested in Garrett like they claim

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I don't think they can formally or informally request an interview unless his contract is over or the Cowboys say he can interview. So that might be why we haven't heard anything.

So Garrett either has a terrible agent or Garrett has a job already lined up in the Cowboys organization.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What's the significance of him being under contract for 12 more days?
It’s all about Jerry at this point. He doesn’t want to release him. He’d rather just let the contract run out. It’s all about making Jerry look better. He doesn’t want to be a part of the Black Monday group.

I’d imagine Jerry is pursuing other options for Jason either in a front office position, a league position or with one of the networks. Some type of transition which would shine a brighter light on Jerry rather than just firing him.

yimyammer

Reaction score
When Garret was a free agent years ago how many offers did he get?

When was he a free agent?

the only time I remember him being one he got interviews with Baltimore & Atlanta and supposedly turned them down.

I wouldn't put it past jeri to have arranged these to make his boy look more in demand and I wouldn't be surprised to see jeri tuck Garrett away somewhere on his payroll to avoid him potentially getting no interest on the open market.

I'm inclined to believe Garrett will never coach anywhere else in the pros besides Dallas

Dodger12

Reaction score
Post the official definitions of both and tell me based on the actual definiton how dilfers trash was direct evidence.

It wasn't. But folks just want to word-smith and cloud the argument. Dilfer's opinion is not direct evidence. But the guy you're debating with wants to seem like he's the smartest guy in the room but he has no self awareness as to how truly stupid he sounds. Did he tell you his educational background. That's always a fall back at some point if the debate continues.

GMO415

Reaction score
Fake news. He would have interviewed with other teams if he was such a hot commodity.

Kaiser

Reaction score
So Garrett either has a terrible agent or Garrett has a job already lined up in the Cowboys organization.

Or no one is dumb enough to openly violate the league's tampering rules for the next couple of weeks. The Chiefs lost a third round pick because of tampering with Jeremy Maclin, there are zero reasons to talk to a coach you want while he is under contract for the next two weeks.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
It wasn't. But folks just want to word-smith and cloud the argument. Dilfer's opinion is not direct evidence. But the guy you're debating with wants to seem like he's the smartest guy in the room but he has no self awareness as to how truly stupid he sounds. Did he tell you his educational background. That's always a fall back at some point if the debate continues.
I know. I wanted to entertain his bs and see his interpretation of the definition. Back to my original statement. Ego and pride is what drives Garrett supporters, they arent Cowboy fans