If they lose in ATL, I don't want them in the playoffs

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys will not be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs if they lose to ATL and WAS beats HOU. It will be 7-3 to 4-6 and the Eagles will probably be 4-6 after playing the Saints.

Being mathematically alive and alive in my heart are two different things. This is as much a revenge game as this present team has ever seen, they weren't just beaten, they were spanked and laughed at and their lunch money taken. For the fans, that wasn't a loss, that was an embarrassment. The worst game played in many seasons.

Any team that cannot get that payback after a much needed win in a hostile environment and facing a team coming off a defeat to the Browns, doesn't deserve a 17th game.

It's that simple to me. I have always wanted to make the playoffs if to do nothing more than to extend my interest another week but not if they can't take care of business in ATL.

There are games that must be signature wins and this was the first game I circled when the schedule came out. This game is more than just a football game.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Tyron Smith is playing this year. Not Chaz Green.

Cowboys are playing against the biggest chokers in football. Not just because they lost to the Browns - that's only part of it. The other part is that they had the most ridiculous chokejob in a championship-deciding game in sports history.

Zordon

Reaction score
If they lose after what happened last year and ATL missing their best defensive players then they don't deserve to come back to Dallas. I'm going to make it a NO FLY ZONE for all Dallas Cowboys players and staff in Dallas city limits.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether or not this team is anything other than another Garrett mediocre pretender will be determined over the next three games. This team has NOT won back to back games since last December. (And I saw a thread on this forum just this week predicting super bowl glory again after the Filly win)

Going into this year, I adopted the philosophy, “I will believe it when it happens”. I will believe this team has a chance to be a good football team when the following things happen:

1. Have at least a 3 game winning streak. (Win in Atl and win on Turkey Day against the deadskins and there’s three)
2. Qualify for the playoffs.

If this team can’t do the winning streak, I don’t see them making the playoffs.

The other thing is the Garrett situation. Any normal quality NFL front office would have fired their HC for the last 7 years winning one playoff game. So in my book if Garrett doesn’t both take this team to the playoffs AND win and get to the NFC championship game, he should be toast. Hopefully the idiot in the owners box concurs.

I will believe it when it happens.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see this as a season defining grudge match. Working hard to improve problem areas and to perfect the game plan is going to serve them better than conjuring up year old emotion.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Whether or not this team is anything other than another Garrett mediocre pretender will be determined over the next three games. This team has NOT won back to back games since last December. (And I saw a thread on this forum just this week predicting super bowl glory again after the Filly win)

Going into this year, I adopted the philosophy, “I will believe it when it happens”. I will believe this team has a chance to be a good football team when the following things happen:

1. Have at least a 3 game winning streak. (Win in Atl and win on Turkey Day against the deadskins and there’s three)
2. Qualify for the playoffs.

If this team can’t do the winning streak, I don’t see them making the playoffs.

The other thing is the Garrett situation. Any normal quality NFL front office would have fired their HC for the last 7 years winning one playoff game. So in my book if Garrett doesn’t both take this team to the playoffs AND win and get to the NFC championship game, he should be toast. Hopefully the idiot in the owners box concurs.

I will believe it when it happens.
also, no excuse to not beat New Orleans at home. They don't play well outside their dome

Jipper

Reaction score
They need to win this week and give their fans what they deserve....an awesome reason to watch a great win on thanksgiving....

How much sweeter will that Apple pie taste in two weeks if we are then tied for the east lead with the Commanders...

They owe the fans that much

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they lose after what happened last year and ATL missing their best defensive players then they don't deserve to come back to Dallas. I'm going to make it a NO FLY ZONE for all Dallas Cowboys players and staff in Dallas city limits.
How about we just tell the Jones Cartel to stay in Atlanta?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Tyron Smith is playing this year. Not Chaz Green.

Cowboys are playing against the biggest chokers in football. Not just because they lost to the Browns - that's only part of it. The other part is that they had the most ridiculous chokejob in a championship-deciding game in sports history.
Not to mention Zeke was also absent from that game.... guys, it will be ok, I'm serious here we will beat the birds @ their home field! I'll be back on Monday either way, but I'm not even 2nd guessing my gut on this one.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Not to mention Zeke was also absent from that game.... guys, it will be ok, I'm serious here we will beat the birds @ their home field! I'll be back on Monday either way, but I'm not even 2nd guessing my gut on this one.
they lost to the browns. Their mojo is done, flamed out for good last year in philly after the historic choke job the previous winter. Dan Quinn will be fired sooner than later. That team is cooked Thanksgiving poultry

Praxit

Reaction score
The Cowboys will not be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs if they lose to ATL and WAS beats HOU. It will be 7-3 to 4-6 and the Eagles will probably be 4-6 after playing the Saints.

Being mathematically alive and alive in my heart are two different things. This is as much a revenge game as this present team has ever seen, they weren't just beaten, they were spanked and laughed at and their lunch money taken. For the fans, that wasn't a loss, that was an embarrassment. The worst game played in many seasons.

Any team that cannot get that payback after a much needed win in a hostile environment and facing a team coming off a defeat to the Browns, doesn't deserve a 17th game.

It's that simple to me. I have always wanted to make the playoffs if to do nothing more than to extend my interest another week but not if they can't take care of business in ATL.

There are games that must be signature wins and this was the first game I circled when the schedule came out. This game is more than just a football game.
..I agree coach, ....you win to stay hot. If we cant win in Atl, there's no bizz to be in playoffs. For me, it's like seeing Barry Manilow in the 70's, then seeing him now..lol..

ClintDagger

Reaction score
also, no excuse to not beat New Orleans at home. They don't play well outside their dome
Did you see what they did in Cincy this weekend? I realize Cincy’s D is a dumpster fire, but they also won at Minnesota by 10 and are undefeated on the road this year. The Saints have figured out how to make that offense travel.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

If they lose in ATL, there will be no playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sunday night in Philly was a signature win.

Most likely we are already out of it but there are still
Meaningful games until there’s not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If they lose in ATL, there will be no playoffs.
Probably not but you never know. Not sure why it’s so important to declare that. Keep playing...

Egirls aren’t that good this year and Skins are beatable too. 9-7 could still win this division. We aren’t that much worse than the rest in our division.