If this team is serious about making a playoff run, Zuerlein should be cut tomorrow

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, if he does his job and makes the extra point, there's no OT.

I would call that single-handledly losing the game.
If he does his job and makes the extra point the Raiders probably don't settle for a field goal and get a TD instead and then there's no OT. I don't know how the hell people can watch the defense today and how stagnant the offense was and blame the kicker but I guess its easier to do that then look at what the real problem is.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
If you’re not confident enough in your run game to just hand it off from the one yard line on a two point conversion try, you shouldn’t go for it. But no, let’s make it an 8 yard trick play attempt. That’s the pathetic part about it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you’re not confident enough in your run game to just hand it off from the one yard line on a two point conversion try, you shouldn’t go for it. But no, let’s make it an 8 yard trick play attempt. That’s the pathetic part about it.
I have no issue passing nit I just don't go for a trick play on a 2 point conversion. Not that type.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Well, let's see how things go with Gregory, Cooper, Dlaw, Lamb and maybe even Gallimore in the lineup before we throw the towel in.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As @America's Cowboy said, if your nickname is "Greg the Leg" you are expected to be able to hit from 59 yards indoors.

Greg's MO for his entire career has been his big booming leg. Asking him to hit from 59 is not out of the realm of sanity.
I didn't get to see "Greg the leg" in his 20's....all I know is having a leg means nothing...he clearly had the leg for the kick. The accuracy wasn't there. Hell he might've made it from 60+.

Smith22

Reaction score
Well, let's see how things go with Gregory, Cooper, Dlaw, Lamb and maybe even Gallimore in the lineup before we throw the towel in.
Raiders didn't have ruggs, lost waller and still threw on us all day. They went on the road on a short week, 3 game losing streak and dropped 30+ on us. Every team has injuries, i am sick of that excuse.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I didn't get to see "Greg the leg" in his 20's....all I know is having a leg means nothing...he clearly had the leg for the kick. The accuracy wasn't there. Hell he might've made it from 60+.

That's the problem. His accuracy is not there far too often. Even the ones he makes are barely makes.

A 59-yard miss by itself is one thing, but when you couple that with a missed extra point? You just can't have that from your kicker.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Raiders didn't have ruggs, lost waller and still threw on us all day. They went on the road on a short week, 3 game losing streak and dropped 30+ on us. Every team has injuries, i am sick of that excuse.
It's reality. The Cowboys can only do so much with a limited amount of talent on the field. The offense sputtered for 3 quarters and the defense was terrible. They were just not good enough today without all those guys.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
If he does his job and makes the extra point the Raiders probably don't settle for a field goal and get a TD instead and then there's no OT. I don't know how the hell people can watch the defense today and how stagnant the offense was and blame the kicker but I guess its easier to do that then look at what the real problem is.

They're all problems. Everyone needs to do their job. But Greg's job is the easiest one to find a replacement for off the street. We don't need much from the kicker, but we do need someone you can trust to make an XP.

Smith22

Reaction score
It's reality. The Cowboys can only do so much with a limited amount of talent on the field. The offense sputtered for 3 quarters and the defense was terrible. They were just not good enough today without all those guys.
Did you see the Ravens last week? Lost their QB and #1 WR before the game, lost 3 RBs before the season started along with their #1 CB. Good teams find a way. Heck, the raiders found a way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's the problem. His accuracy is not there far too often. Even the ones he makes are barely makes.

A 59-yard miss by itself is one thing, but when you couple that with a missed extra point? You just can't have that from your kicker.
I don't disagree. He can go for all I care.