If we can only resign Bennett or Quinn, your choice

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think everyone knows the answer vs Bennett. My question is do you sign Quinn or not? 29 years old which is getting close to that "30 wall" where most players drop fast. He just had another career year and seems fully rebuilt from the back issues and 3-4 excuses. A great pass rusher is worth a lot of money. Do we pony up for him?

Especially if we have to give up someone like Byron Jones for this money? I'm assuming Dak and Coop get signed no matter what. After that, I think the team has to make hard decisions on guys like Quinn and Jones who I'm sure will get some fat offers. Quinn knows this is his last big contract.

If Quinn, Bennett, and DLaw could all show some of that flash from their best seasons just these last few games, we would have one hell of a dline going into the Playoffs!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Tough decision but I'd go with Bennett coz leadership and flex ability as DE and DT.

Neither. There are other Quinns and Bennett's in FA. Cheaper then they would cost. I would prefer Dallas replace Bennett with a rookie, and Quinn with a guy like Fowler Jr, or Ogbah and they still got Gregory.

Gregory has 2020 already accounted for on the cap and 2021 is a RFA yr as he still doesnt have the yrs completed for UFA

Silverstar

Reaction score
Like so many threads this month, it's just too early to ask. Why??

Cuz this Sunday's game means a TON. What any player does in this game means a TON. Who's gonna step up and who doesn't goes a long way and it should. If Dallas wins the game, then you need to add in their playoff performance as well. Quinn could be a no show from here on out. Bennett could go on a tear with multiple sack games for all we know. Let's say a strip sack by Bennett for a TD, that is what propels Dallas into the NFCCG...just for example. You're not gonna love Bennett after a play like that?

You bet your azz you will! :p

It's time to win or go home and I wanna see who steps up and who doesn't before talking about new contracts.

efh313

Reaction score
Quinn! Man is a beast.
Bennet has been an anchor since he’s gotten here. Dead weight. If you can’t ring the LoS. We don’t need you. There is a level of intelligence that I’m looking for guys... he isn’t there.

There IS a level of consistency I’m looking for... he IS there... WITH OFFSIDES PENALTIES!!

Cut the rope. Drop this anchor sooner rather than later.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is an unfair question.

First, I would first need to know what their intentions were in terms of the draft.

If they were going to say, no we will do nothing at DT and expect Hill to develop---I take Bennett without hesitation.

Quinn is a decent enough edge presence but there are way way too many times he gets run out of plays. The sacks are nice, but he is not a complete player.

Bennett makes more plays in terms of disruption, both run and pass in comparison.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Quinn all day. Better player at this point. Won’t cost you penalties for simply not knowing how to lineup and will get you more sacks. Plus Bennett long term scares me. There is a reason he has bounced or been traded from team to team.