If we do get rid of Jason Garrett

KayJay1971

Reaction score
Can we finally stop crying about how this season was lost on coaching? Yes I know the coaches play a big part in an organizations success but it almost seems as we are not holding any of the players accountable. It will be interesting to see what kind of excuses can be made if we get a new head coach and still do not deliver next year.

CB61

Reaction score
Can we finally stop crying about how this season was lost on coaching? Yes I know the coaches play a big part in an organizations success but it almost seems as we are not holding any of the players accountable. It will be interesting to see what kind of excuses can be made if we get a new head coach and still do not deliver next year.
I think a lot of people understand it's not all coaching but these players are uninspired, and very very very inconsistent the coaching staff entire coaching staff including the head coach need to refresh. Of course Jerry will need to refresh to that's going to be the hard part

KayJay1971

Reaction score
I think a lot of people understand it's not all coaching but these players are uninspired, and very very very inconsistent the coaching staff entire coaching staff including the head coach need to refresh. Of course Jerry will need to refresh to that's going to be the hard part

I do see you point but when did well paid professionals need to be inspired to play their best. I do not need my boss to come by my office and inspire me to work to my potential. I agree that they are inconsistent and that is something I would think can be corrected by disciplining the players in practice or otherwise which is a coaching job function.

willia451

Reaction score
The GM and HC are responsible. They hire the coaches. They draft and sign the players. They are responsible for holding the players accountable.

It's as simple as that.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don't want :starspin:The Urban Legend:starspin:
to be a
:starspin:Urban Myth:starspin:

DON'T SCREW THIS UP JERRY.
MAKE IT HAPPEN.
:starspin:THE URBAN LEGEND:starspin:

Knotamus

Reaction score

I agree.

Garrett isn’t as bad as many say.. and I suspect we’ll find out soon, when he’s coaching another team to the playoffs.

I suppose I feel in line with others on this site after this season. Unfortunately for Garrett, his message no longer was resonating with players and/or even his staff. He had roughly a decade to take us to a SB, it just never happened. But let’s not act like he didn’t give the Cowboys a chance. The two Packer/Cowboy playoff losses were filled with missed opportunities by players and questionable calls. Last year seemed more on coaching, but again, the players don’t get a pass.

The first rule in winning a SB is winning your Division.. and Garrett absolutely dominated our hates rivals. Ultimately, he didn’t manage to take the Cowboys to the next level, despite the talent around him.. and this is why I agree it’s time to move on.

That said, Garrett is by no means as bad of a coach as folks state. He just ran out of time.. which coincidentally, seemed like how his teams played also. It’s time to get a new voice and hopefully propel this team to another level. As exciting as it seems to get a new HC, people better be prepared that things could also get worse. (Fingers crosses)

Side note and personal opinion:

I’d like to see Garrett take the GM role bc I believe his consistent demeanor is suited for this role. Allow JJ take to get his face time with the media, Garret and Stephen manage FO duties, and hire a dog of a coach that can embrace today’s analytics and millennial player personalities.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No cause a win against the Jets saints patriots or eagles and we are in the playoffs. All those games where poorly coached.

Well, to me, the Eagles were all on the players, to be honest. I really don't put that one on the coaches.

JMO

CB61

Reaction score
I do see you point but when did well paid professionals need to be inspired to play their best. I do not need my boss to come by my office and inspire me to work to my potential. I agree that they are inconsistent and that is something I would think can be corrected by disciplining the players in practice or otherwise which is a coaching job function.
Yep I see what you're saying heading I shouldn't have to be inspired but they do have to be reminded I guess it comes down to everybody gets a trophy for participation these days? May be running the vanilla offense? Not challenging them I guess would be a better word?

CB61

Reaction score
Yep I see what you're saying heading I shouldn't have to be inspired but they do have to be reminded I guess it comes down to everybody gets a trophy for participation these days? May be running the vanilla offense? Not challenging them I guess would be a better word?
Heading ? Now my phone's making up words LOL

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
No cause a win against the Jets saints patriots or eagles and we are in the playoffs. All those games where poorly coached.

Throw in the Vikings as well. That's 5 games that coulda, shoulda won by Dallas.

If coaching is not one of the main problems than I don't know what is.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I agree.

Garrett isn’t as bad as many say.. and I suspect we’ll find out soon, when he’s coaching another team to the playoffs.

I suppose I feel in line with others on this site after this season. Unfortunately for Garrett, his message no longer was resonating with players and/or even his staff. He had roughly a decade to take us to a SB, it just never happened. But let’s not act like he didn’t give the Cowboys a chance. The two Packer/Cowboy playoff losses were filled with missed opportunities by players and questionable calls. Last year seemed more on coaching, but again, the players don’t get a pass.

The first rule in winning a SB is winning your Division.. and Garrett absolutely dominated our hates rivals. Ultimately, he didn’t manage to take the Cowboys to the next level, despite the talent around him.. and this is why I agree it’s time to move on.

That said, Garrett is by no means as bad of a coach as folks state. He just ran out of time.. which coincidentally, seemed like how his teams played also. It’s time to get a new voice and hopefully propel this team to another level. As exciting as it seems to get a new HC, people better be prepared that things could also get worse. (Fingers crosses)

Side note and personal opinion:

I’d like to see Garrett take the GM role bc I believe his consistent demeanor is suited for this role. Allow JJ take to get his face time with the media, Garret and Stephen manage FO duties, and hire a dog of a coach that can embrace today’s analytics and millennial player personalities.

Garrett would suck as a GM role. Worst than Jerry. It will be like the blind leading the blind, dumb and dumber situation.

Garrett doesn't know football and he probably can't determine a good player from a mediocre player. Just get rid of him entirely and hire people that know football. Garrett doesn't have a clue about football.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
The problem with this team has been a lack of accountability. From the top down. Michael Irvin nailed it last week when he said that this team doesn't have a talent problem, they've got a heart problem. No one on this team has any.

That falls on the coaches. You shouldn't HAVE to bring that out in a pro player but the fact of the matter is that you do. The Browns are loaded with talent. They have no heart. The Bills? Nowhere near the talent as other teams but they've got heart. Ditto for the Eagles. That falls on your coaches. Period.

Garrett is just as guilty of creating of a country club atmosphere as Jerry. You don't see Belicheck out having popcorn or going to basketball games with his players. Hell, he actually had the balls to bench his starting CB IN THE SUPER BOWL(who was almost the Super Bowl MVP previously) because he KNEW the guy wasn't getting it done! That would never happen here. We would have patted him on the ***, gave him a clap and said "do your best" instead of "DO YOUR JOB".

This place needs a hell of a lot more than a coaching change. It needs an enema and a culture shock in that powder puff locker room.

Knotamus

Reaction score
The GM and HC are responsible. They hire the coaches. They draft and sign the players. They are responsible for holding the players accountable.

It's as simple as that.

Yeah, as usual.. It’s Jerry’s fault. :rolleyes:

Garrett was one of the most sought after young coaches.. as a matter of fact, he had several HC opportunities when hired

Marinelli is one of the most respected 4-3 defensive Coordinators in all of football.

I distinctly remember many on this site raving ab Richard when he came over from Seattle..and how much people said Jerry would be stupid to allow him to leave last year when he applied for HC jobs. Many wanted him to be the HC in Dallas.. yeah, bc our secondary and defensive play this year proved how “great” he is.

Kellen Moore is the only questionable coaching hire recently, yet many around the league rave ab how his football IQ

Before Kellen, Scott Linehan is a well known OC, albeit not spectacular.. Was able to manage top offenses in Dallas.

Many of Dallas’s missed opportunities over the last decade fell on the players themselves. The past decade, Dallas has one losing season. The season Romo went down and we had no answer at QB. You can put that on the coaches.. but I can find many more losses I’d put squarely on the players.

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score

You have to see if these players can get it done with better coaching. Game management has been terrible. And the rosters been completely turned over with the same exact results. With plenty of opposing players calling out scheme and play calling over the years knowing exactly what’s coming on both sides of the ball. Scheme, preparation, evaluation all seems like a problem. You need a better coach who can recognize the issues and then actually fix them!

timb2

Reaction score
So we have put another couple of years of Sloth Jason Witten until he decides to retire because Garrett is his buddy....