If we let Dan Quinn go it will be a huge mistake

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Why keep a guy whose doing nothing versus a guy who turned your teams defense around...Makes no sense but what has made sense in Dallas the last 26 years?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You are looking at this all wrong. If Dan Quinn is offered an HC job that he is willing to leave the Cowboys for, Jerry will have no say in the matter. It won't be Jerry letting him go, it will be Dan deciding to leave. Jerry has already decided to not fire McCarthy. Dan Quinn is already under contract with the Cowboys as the DC for next season so there is no decision to be made by Jerry concerning Quinn. It's all on Quinn if he goes.
I didn’t think he had said for sure he’d be back.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Urban Meyer would’ve been fun and entertaining and a nice break from the McCarthy do nothing types.

Im ok with failure. The Cowboys are too scared to try anything out of the box. That’s why they hire retreads and pay 40 million dollars for average Quarterbacks.
What would be your strategy at QB? HOF ers seem hard to find. What exactly should we do?

Cydios

Reaction score
One could argue that the Dallas season was like a Dan Quinn game..

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If we do let him go it will be the biggest coaching mistake since every single hire other than Parcells.

Dan is a true leader. He turned our D around in one year. The players love him. He Loves the game.

Jerry. Please don’t screw this up again. Fire Mike. Keep Quinn.

Please
Yup....the fact he's interviewing in Denver today...should be a red flag to Jerry. Jerry doesn't understand he needs to fight to keep a good staff together. The analogy being pick pocketed....you gotta protect your wallet...Jerry is the guy with the wad of cash...flashing it everywhere....just asking to get rolled.

Jerry thinks finding good coaches is easy....that's his problem.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If we do let him go it will be the biggest coaching mistake since every single hire other than Parcells.

Dan is a true leader. He turned our D around in one year. The players love him. He Loves the game.

Please

How? His unit did not show up against real teams. As usual. Did you see what his defense did in the biggest game of his career? Let a 28-3 lead slip away in 18 minutes. This "vaunted d line" got 0 sacks and got no real pressure on SF. They gave up points on 4 straight possessions.

We need an offensive minded coach in here. Quinn isn't even as good as Mike McCarthy as a head coach. He will forever be a retread hire.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Dan will get a job because he had success and he can assemble a staff. I doubt KM can assemble much of a staff. I see KM as more of a college coach.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I didn’t think he had said for sure he’d be back.
Quinn hasn't said what he is doing because he is being interviewed by several teams. All we know is the Jones boys are committed to McCarthy next season.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Quinn hasn't said what he is doing because he is being interviewed by several teams. All we know is the Jones boys are committed to McCarthy next season.
I was talking Mcarthy. But ok. Guess he’s here to stay.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t care.

Dude made Parsons play primarily linebacker for nearly a month and we lost his game changing impact.

If you can’t figure out what Parsons does that impacts games or Demarcus Lawrence stops you from doing it then you can leave.

We saw an improvement but then again we played a lot of dog teams and dog QB.
Wouldn't be the end of the world if he left if we had an offense that could support our defense against playoff-caliber teams!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Please
Has anybody considered that maybe the Cowboys already tried this and Quinn said no?

Maybe Quinn feels a sense of loyalty to MM for hiring him and giving him a second chance in the league and taking the HC job out from under MM would be like stabbing him in the back. I mean its one thing for a HC to get fired in the middle of the season and a cooridinator takes over, see Garrett as an example. But its pretty rare for a HC to fired at the end of a season and a coordinator on staff is named the replacement. That usually doesnt happen in the NFL.

Just saying.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Please

agree.

we should make him the HC.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I was talking Mcarthy. But ok. Guess he’s here to stay.
Why would you tell me what you are talking about as if I didn't know? I directly addressed what you are talking about by saying, "The Jones boys are committed to McCarthy being the HC next season". In your mind, was there something ambiguous about that comment?

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Please
The defense was not great against quality teams. Parsons, Kearse and Diggs were the key to the defensive improvement. As long as we don’t hire Nolan or Richards, we should be fine.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Why would you tell me what you are talking about as if I didn't know? I directly addressed what you are talking about by saying, "The Jones boys are committed to McCarthy being the HC next season". In your mind, was there something ambiguous about that comment?
No. I get your commentary now. I didn’t read your 2nd sentence. Sorry.

What I was saying is I didn’t know they had made the decision about McCarthy yet. And I don’t think because Stephen said what he said means they have, but yeah, maybe you’re right.

Last edited: