If we lose Quinn in the offseason, do you like any of the im house guys

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by darthseinfeld, Sep 27, 2021.

1. 805BoysInBlue

805BoysInBlue Well-Known Member

3,488 Messages
    5,046 Likes Received
    I think Quinn knows head coach isn't for him. I'd be all for Kellen beign the HC, and letting Quinn completely take over the defensive staff and defensive side of the ball

817Gill and Matt like this.
  2. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

11,676 Messages
    13,299 Likes Received
    We won’t Quinn has said several times he just wants to be a DC from now on.

817Gill, WillieBeamen and Matt like this.
  3. LovinItAll

LovinItAll Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    1,106 Messages
    1,164 Likes Received
    I don't think Dan is going anywhere after this season. Dude has a great attitude, and while he may get another HC gig, Atlanta is still very fresh. Besides, many OC/DCs who've been HCs don't want to walk that path again. Not sure about Quinn.

Moore is definitely in line to potentially replace MM. He's MUCH more 'Jerry's guy' than MM will ever be. Like another poster wrote, maybe Quinn even ends up as our 'assistant HC'. Jerry has no problem paying him a HC's salary if he wants to keep him and thinks we can win with him.

4. TequilaCowboy

TequilaCowboy Well-Known Member

2,493 Messages
    3,275 Likes Received
    He probably skipped class when clock management was discussed. And Dallas cannot afford to lose DQ already.. Pay him more if you have to.

5. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

11,663 Messages
    11,427 Likes Received
    He already has all those responsibilities.

BAT likes this.
  6. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

11,663 Messages
    11,427 Likes Received
    I don't think Quinn will get a job offer this offseason, but the OP offered a valid "what if".

I sure hope he isn't a prized candidate, but if this play keeps up...who knows?

RustyBourneHorse likes this.
  7. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    16,956 Messages
    30,452 Likes Received
    Bingo! ONE great season as DC after getting fired as HC will get him another HC job.........not yet. I mean he will likely get another shot, especially if this D continues to improve, but not after only a year........See Todd Bowes. In other words, I'm pretty confident he's back for 2022

8. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

12,242 Messages
    2,825 Likes Received
    Off season talk after game 3, smh.

9. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Well-Known Member

5,106 Messages
    8,660 Likes Received
    I think Kellen goes to Chicago next year. Would be interesting if Andy sticks around to help the team transition. They were college rivals so don’t know if he wants to help Kellen out.

10. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Well-Known Member

5,106 Messages
    8,660 Likes Received
    The key for Quinn is who has jobs open. The bears need an offensive coach to mold fields.

If Zimmer leaves the Vikings they may want the opposite of him which would be an offensive coach.

The Bengals will take whoever is cheapest. Jerry will get into a bidding war.

The Giants need everything. Would we lose a coach to a division rival? Possibly. Could be shades of Norv going to Washington.

Does Carroll retire if Seahawks struggle and Wilson still wants out? He’s almost 70. There’s a spot for Quinn to go home.

those are the most obvious openings I can see as of now. Urban could go 1 and done in Jacksonville. A lot of people would want to coach Trevor Lawrence.

Hoods likes this.
  11. ultron

ultron Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    4,905 Messages
    8,940 Likes Received
    Quinn simply isn’t HC material in my opinion and he wouldn’t leave Dallas for a lateral position (DC of another team), so he should be here for a while.

12. RustyBourneHorse

RustyBourneHorse Well-Known Member

25,563 Messages
    27,926 Likes Received
    Because McCarthy let's Moore do what he does. Garrett didn't allow that. I think Garrett tried to sabotage Moore like be sabotaged Wade Phillips.

817Gill and Point-of-the-Star like this.
  13. RustyBourneHorse

RustyBourneHorse Well-Known Member

25,563 Messages
    27,926 Likes Received
    I think the bigger concern is Moore. That's who I'm worried gets plucked from us.

14. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

18,297 Messages
    15,807 Likes Received
    lololol. The chances of that are like 0

15. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

6,506 Messages
    2,595 Likes Received
    For what he’s had to work with and without our DL coach is doing pretty well. Osa is developing nicely, Gregory is getting pressure and Parsons is outperforming the position early on when he plays DE.

We get Gallimore back, eventually DLaw and Osa keeps developing, you have to like what the d-line should be doing going forward.

That will only help the secondary and continue the turnover upswing on defense.

817Gill and RustyBourneHorse like this.
  16. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

10,665 Messages
    8,952 Likes Received
    I do.

He also put that ATL team in the super bowl
    And was a responsible DC for another super bowl team
    And teams gonna think he can be such a HC
    again with a redo over

Plus whenever you have coaches that immediately transform your team into playoffs contenders, other her teams gonna want a piece of that success.

maryquality likes this.
  17. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

10,665 Messages
    8,952 Likes Received
    Dunno if there are leftovers here that could take over immediately as DC.

I had wish Sean Lee was on a coaching staff even as a quality control capacity to get accumulated and developed in that area
    And we could possibly recruit him over

But that's a big if too as we dunno if hes interested in coaching full time

18. dacoming

dacoming Active Member

153 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    100% agree!

19. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    23,098 Messages
    21,123 Likes Received
    I think other teams seen this team has had the talent for a long time
    What he and the staff have done is add some talent on D which may have had nothing to do with them
    And they’ve improved the culture which I think he has been a big part of
    He’s a really good DC
    I don’t see a really good HC in him

20. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

51,118 Messages
    76,817 Likes Received
    Not sure we will lose him after one year. Maybe if he stacks a couple of good years together someone will give him a chance again.