If we make the playoffs, we may win the Super Bowl

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
If this team can somehow find a way into the playoffs, I believe it will win the Super Bowl. As much that has happened this year with distractions, injuries, etc, its bound to be a learning experience and can only help a team in the long run.

If we can win our next three and sneak in as a wildcard, the league better watch out. Although traveling on the road isnt exactly ideal, its doable.

The defense is finally playing how it is capable of. The offense can always be explosive. Now they just need to play a complete game and put it all together. Doing it in the playoffs would be just fine with me.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We're going to make the playoffs. I have no doubt. Like I've seen saying since the Giants loss, 6-1 down the stretch. We're going to get in.

physeter

Reaction score
I agree with you...We all know what the offense is capable of, however, I would like to see the defense against a tough offense.

Sunday might be that tough offensive against the defense....We will see.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
There is no arguing this statement.

If we make the playoffs, that MOST LIKELY means that we have finished the season on a 3 game winning streak, and winning 6 out of our last 7 games.

So I agree, if we make the playoffs, this year may be our year.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Just thinking, hoping, being a homer, whatever you want to call it, that I'm wondering if maybe this game against Pittsburgh could turn out to be like the Eagles Load Left game was for us in 1995. A game where we blew a lead, in a game we had won, but then rebounded and went on to win the whole thing.

I know this team isn't that team, of course, and hasn't done anything like that before but we, as fans, can certainly hope so.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rick gosselin just said the same thing on with norm. If Dallas gets in he can see them winning the superbowl. He just is complimenting them relentlessly this morning. He said Dallas out pittsburghed pittsburgh in their house and their weather.

The earths rotation may stop soon. So get your house in order.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I actually do really feel like the team has learned a lot from the last month or so. The Pittsburgh game taught them how to fight and scratch against a physical team and I have no doubt that it helped the teams intangibles in a lot of ways... even though it was a loss.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2476691 said:
Rick gosselin just said the same thing on with norm. If Dallas gets in he can see them winning the superbowl. He just is complimenting them relentlessly this morning. He said Dallas out pittsburghed pittsburgh in their house and their weather.

Arizona is very beatable-they happen to be in a ****-poor division where they're only marginally better than their rival opponents.

Minny, don't be so sure-like I said in other threads, they run the ball very effectively, and they stop the run even better. These are 2 valuable assets that they'll have come playoff time. Plus they've won 7 of their last 9 and likely will be going into the playoffs on a roll.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If we don't win out, we may not make the playoffs! :laugh2:

Boysboy

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2476695 said:
I actually do really feel like the team has learned a lot from the last month or so. The Pittsburgh game taught them how to fight and scratch against a physical team and I have no doubt that it helped the teams intangibles in a lot of ways... even though it was a loss.

But ultimately, the loss was all TO's fault, according to 2/3 of Zoners here.:mad:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theebs;2476691 said:

He said all that but isn't he one of them that said they won't make the playoffs cause they're is no way they can win out during this final stretch? I thought on the other board that I remember seeing that he's one of the writers they asked that said Dallas wouldn't make the playoffs.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2476719 said:
He said all that but isn't he one of them that said they won't make the playoffs cause they're is no way they can win out during this final stretch? I thought on the other board that I remember seeing that he's one of the writers they asked that said Dallas wouldn't make the playoffs.

I dont know, I just heard him say that a minute ago on the ticket.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2476728 said:
I dont know, I just heard him say that a minute ago on the ticket.

With Corey Procter-good luck! I'll be surprised if we go 1-2 the rest of the way with him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It matters how the Cowboys react after the Steelers game. I'd like to think they come away from that game confident that they can play with the Steelers in their own atmosphere and dominate. But this team hasn't earned my trust after coming away from tought losses. We'll see. If they pull that Giants W they will win out. Especially if that linebacker who plays running back is out for the Giants.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I disagree with the OP. We've made the playoffs before without much success. If we make the playoffs AND MANAGE TO WIN OUR FIRST GAME, the momentum and the burden lifted from this franchise may infact propell us to a SB. We must first get past the ghost of one and done.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theebs;2476691 said:

That's exactly what Galloway said, too. :eek:

Run for the hills... The end times are upon us.

superpunk

Reaction score
I am on board with this, provided we also get healthy.

The biggest spot is left guard. Procter is horrible, and there doesn't seem to be anything we can do about that this season.

So we're basically screwed, there.

And IMO, that's a big deal when talking about how we might do in the playoffs. If we can't get healthy, I don't think all the momentum in the world can compensate for Corey Procter.

zeromaster

Reaction score
theebs;2476691 said:

House, hell. It may be time to buy some Cristal...
:lmao2:

RoadRunner

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2476602 said:
If this team can somehow find a way into the playoffs, I believe it will win the Super Bowl. As much that has happened this year with distractions, injuries, etc, its bound to be a learning experience and can only help a team in the long run.

If we can win our next three and sneak in as a wildcard, the league better watch out. Although traveling on the road isnt exactly ideal, its doable.

The defense is finally playing how it is capable of. The offense can always be explosive. Now they just need to play a complete game and put it all together. Doing it in the playoffs would be just fine with me.

After the absolute choke against the Steelers, what makes you think this team will suddenly get its mind right and go on a run like that?

I'd love to be that optimistic, but the coolaide is harder to drink after the Pittsburgh choke.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carolina scares me more than any other team right now.