If Wentz does require a knee brace for the rest of his career

River82

Reaction score
So for those not in the loop Wentz tore at least 2 ligaments in his knee, the ACL and LCL, and may be required to wear a knee brace for the rest of his career. Keeping in mind that Wentz is a mobile QB, utilising his movement for escapism tricks and a physical running style, and keeping in mind that Griffin became useless almost overnight after his ACL and LCL injuries, how would this affect Wentz moving forward? Will this mean Wentz will morph into a mediocre pocket passer in the future?

Would the Eagles be better off keeping Foles?

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Comparing Wentz to RG3 is like comparing apples to oranges. RG3 needed the threat of him running to be an effective passer. Wentz has already shown he is capable of being effective from the pocket, in fact I think the coaching staff would prefer that he runs less often. If his escapabilty suffers due to his injury that may be a concern but that has as much to due with pocket presence as it does athletic ability.

As much as I love what Nick Foles accomplished last year if you have to pick one to keep it has to be Wentz.

Fortunately they don't have to make that decision until they are comfortable with Wentz's recovery.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s all speculation until that knee gets landed on by a 300lb linemen for the first time.

The real concern is 3 injuries in 3 consecutive seasons. Kid might end up being more injury-prone than Bradford...

P.S. This is the type of sensitive topic that lures our Eagles fans out of hiding. It’s just plain compulsory for them to respond. Genius.;)

Last edited:

mcmvp

Reaction score
Good God... The only thing Wentz has in common w/ RG3 is the injury. He is miles more intelligent, talented, and is a film junkie with a better work ethic.

This sounds more like wishful thinking than reality.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Brace will be no issue as long as he can feel comfortable playing in it.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
It’s all speculation until that knee gets landed on by a 300lb linemen for the first time.

The real concern is 3 injuries in 3 consecutive seasons. Kid might end up being more injury-prone than Bradford...

P.S. This is the type of sensitive topic that lures our Eagles fans out of hiding. It’s just plain compulsory for them to respond. Genius.;)

Don't think any Eagles fans have been hiding, seems to be a fair amount of whining by Cowboy fans about too many Eagle fans posting on your forums

Reactions: C42

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't think any Eagles fans have been hiding, seems to be a fair amount of whining by Cowboy fans about too many Eagle fans posting on your forums

tenor.gif

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
So for those not in the loop Wentz tore at least 2 ligaments in his knee, the ACL and LCL, and may be required to wear a knee brace for the rest of his career. Keeping in mind that Wentz is a mobile QB, utilising his movement for escapism tricks and a physical running style, and keeping in mind that Griffin became useless almost overnight after his ACL and LCL injuries, how would this affect Wentz moving forward? Will this mean Wentz will morph into a mediocre pocket passer in the future?

Would the Eagles be better off keeping Foles?
John Elway played with knee brace much of the time, and played on a shoddy ACL.

Today's knee braces do not restrain you.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
John Elway played with knee brace much of the time, and played on a shoddy ACL.

Today's knee braces do not restrain you.
Elway was actually durable. Wentz is making Romo look like Wolverine at this point.
Wentz was so perfect for the Cowboys, and the fans. He acts like a Texan and lives like a Texan that's why it was so depressing when we didn't get him, and the Eagles did. He'll get a lot I hate from the snowflakes over there near the East Coast. He bought his offensive lineman all a shotgun in 2017. He's got a hunting channel… That stuff doesn't fly with the anti-gun far left.
He's a ginger, dude. Souless.
hqdefault.jpg

1nfljunky

Reaction score

I see counting is an issue for you. He played 16 games during his rookie season. And you can’t miss games that haven’t been played yet. So in two years he’s missed 2 regular season games. It’s amazing how many cowboy fan wishes crap on Carson. I can’t think of one Eagles fan who wants to see Dak get hurt. My guess is seeings how he completed almost as many passes to our guy as he did to your guys in our first game why wouldn’t we want him under center?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I see counting is an issue for you. He played 16 games during his rookie season. And you can’t miss games that haven’t been played yet. So in two years he’s missed 2 regular season games.
So missing 8 games at NDSU in 2015 are swept under the rug? Cool. Wrist in 2015, Ribs in 2016, ACL/LCL in 2017. It at least took Romo a few years to start becoming injury prone...
It’s amazing how many cowboy fan wishes crap on Carson. I can’t think of one Eagles fan who wants to see Dak get hurt.
Dial your sensitivity down to 2 or 3. No one in this thread has wished ill for your ginger QB. Only the crappiest fans would cheer for an opposing team's player to suffer a career-ending injury on the field. What fanbase would do that? What fanbase?

tenor.gif

Last edited:

1nfljunky

Reaction score
So missing 8 games at NDSU in 2015 are swept under the rug? Cool. http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/carson-wentz/7450

Dial your sensitivity down to 2 or 3. No one in this thread has wished ill for your ginger QB. Only the crappiest fans would cheer for an opposing team's player to suffer a career-ending injury on the field. What fanbase would do that? What fanbase?
I would have thought Randy Gregory’s pro career would have made most cowboy fans sour on what a player did while the n college, lol. And like I said yes wish Dak nothing but good health! There’s nothing no better than a double agent. Some of his ints looked like the DB was the primary receiver.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
II̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶R̶a̶n̶d̶y̶ ̶G̶r̶e̶g̶o̶r̶y̶’̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶w̶b̶o̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶l̶e̶g̶e̶,̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶y̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶D̶a̶k̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶!̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶’̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶g̶e̶n̶t̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶B̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶m̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶e̶i̶v̶e̶r̶.̶.
I haven't a single thing to say that can dispute Carson's 3 injuries in 3 years. You got me, bro.
That's basically what you just replied.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or what you were able to comprehend?
Question: This thread's topic is based on ___________________?

A. Randy Gregory's history of toking.
B. Dak Prescott's QB competency.
C. How to be an annoying guest.
D. Carson Wentz' injury and how it could affect his team.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Wentz is back in the lineup for week one. He may have an injury hangover for a season like most players do with this injury, but he’s more dangerous throwing than running it anyway. He’s too good a young player to backslide like RGIII did, and he’s not dependent on his legs like RGIII was.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
Question: This thread's topic is based on ___________________?

A. Randy Gregory's history of toking.
B. Dak Prescott's QB competency.
C. How to be an annoying guest.
D. Carson Wentz' injury and how it could affect his team.
As per our conversation I say (e)
E. All of the above.
PS that would also include being a condescending host.

Bigdog

Reaction score
You have to ask Risen. He is our resident expert on Wentz.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
I think Wentz is back in the lineup for week one. He may have an injury hangover for a season like most players do with this injury, but he’s more dangerous throwing than running it anyway. He’s too good a young player to backslide like RGIII did, and he’s not dependent on his legs like RGIII was.
I believe the hardest hurdle will be trusting the knee. He will be fine physically the doubts (if there are any) will be mental. But one good thing is it’s his lead leg not his plant leg. When he sets up and plant it will be in a 100% healthy knee.