If Wentz does require a knee brace for the rest of his career

Xelda

Reaction score
I see counting is an issue for you. He played 16 games during his rookie season. And you can’t miss games that haven’t been played yet. So in two years he’s missed 2 regular season games. It’s amazing how many cowboy fan wishes crap on Carson. I can’t think of one Eagles fan who wants to see Dak get hurt. My guess is seeings how he completed almost as many passes to our guy as he did to your guys in our first game why wouldn’t we want him under center?
I'm not in this side of the forum often, but I haven't seen people wishing real crap on Wentz. Maybe a couple would like for the Earth to stop and for Carson to go flying off, but that's just regular sports talk about other teams. I'd expect the same about the Cowboys if I went to other team's websites. As for Eagles fans not wanting to see Dak get hurt, that falls in line with us rooting for Chip Kelly to return to the Eagles. Until he becomes a threat at his position, other teams are happy for him to remain as our starter. In closing, I don't wish anything bad on Wentz, he seems like good people. Don't ask me about this once the season starts though, I know me and I can't be trusted.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So for those not in the loop Wentz tore at least 2 ligaments in his knee, the ACL and LCL, and may be required to wear a knee brace for the rest of his career. Keeping in mind that Wentz is a mobile QB, utilising his movement for escapism tricks and a physical running style, and keeping in mind that Griffin became useless almost overnight after his ACL and LCL injuries, how would this affect Wentz moving forward? Will this mean Wentz will morph into a mediocre pocket passer in the future?

Would the Eagles be better off keeping Foles?

I think you want to say escapability (assuming that's a word and is spelled correctly). I think that the term "escapism", is actually a medical term used by psychiatrists to describe a person who uses their imagination to escape reality. The other is the ability to escape, I believe.

However, you do bring up an interesting question. Will be interesting to see how it effects him going forward, for sure.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
So missing 8 games at NDSU in 2015 are swept under the rug? Cool. Wrist in 2015, Ribs in 2016, ACL/LCL in 2017. It at least took Romo a few years to start becoming injury prone...Dial your sensitivity down to 2 or 3. No one in this thread has wished ill for your ginger QB. Only the crappiest fans would cheer for an opposing team's player to suffer a career-ending injury on the field. What fanbase would do that? What fanbase?
That's proof in the pudding right there Romo was tough. The Cowboys Oline in Romo's tenure was horrendous. Montana nor Brady would of survived the first year.

I was at that (career ending for Irvin) game. I literally couldnt believe my eyes nor ears. Not only were those ignorant fans aplauding, but they stood up as well. It's embedded in my head like it was yesterday.

Incidentally, the Eagles did end up winning the game 13-10, on a hookup between Johnson and QB Doug Pederson in the fourth quarter.

Last edited:

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
John Elway played with knee brace much of the time, and played on a shoddy ACL.

Today's knee braces do not restrain you.
Dan Marino wore one too. He had terrible knees and had at least 5 knee surgeries during his NFL career and wore the brace(s).

Xelda

Reaction score
That's proof in the pudding right there Romo was tough. The Cowboys Oline in Romo's tenure was horrendous. Montana nor Brady would of survived the first year.

I was at that (career ending for Irvin) game. I literally couldnt believe my eyes nor ears. Not only were those ignorant fans aplauding, but they stood up as well. It's embedded in my head like it was yesterday.

Incidentally, the Eagles did end up winning the game 13-10, on a hookup between Johnson and QB Doug Pederson in the fourth quarter.
That incident is burned in my heart of Irvin laying on the field. Of course he was obnoxious to fans of every other team, but he had the talent to back his bravado up. He was one of our weapons and helped make the #88 an enviable number to wear on the Cowboys. I also remember Jordan Hicks splayed out on Tony Romo intentionally re-injuring his shoulder. No penalty for excessive anything when it was so freaking obvious. I'd better shut up now.

ghst187

Reaction score
It’s all speculation until that knee gets landed on by a 300lb linemen for the first time.

The real concern is 3 injuries in 3 consecutive seasons. Kid might end up being more injury-prone than Bradford...
.;)

I think that is the more appropriate comparison. Also, Carson Palmer, who was NOT a scrambling QB, was never the same thrower or QB after his knee injury.
I’ve seen a lot of guys come back 100% from ‘clean’ ACL tears but not from multiple ligament tears. Who knows.

sbark

Reaction score
Eagles also then cancelled planned inner city charity function in d.c.

visionary

Reaction score
Wentz seems like a quality human being. I genuinely with him the second best of everything. I hope his knee is not a life long issue.

He's an Eagje so by definition he can't be a "quality human being". He's barely human

1nfljunky

Reaction score
Like I said before Carson is weeks ahead of schedule.
I think that is the more appropriate comparison. Also, Carson Palmer, who was NOT a scrambling QB, was never the same thrower or QB after his knee injury.
I’ve seen a lot of guys come back 100% from ‘clean’ ACL tears but not from multiple ligament tears. Who knows.
Hnestly who cares what you’ve seen?
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...hockingly-ahead-of-schedule-recovery-knee-acl
He is already doing 7 on 7 drills. He will be under center against the Falcons.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s just a fact that a knee injury that severe will affect him the rest of his career. The older he gets the more it will be an issue.

mcmvp

Reaction score
It’s just a fact that a knee injury that severe will affect him the rest of his career. The older he gets the more it will be an issue.

Hilarious... more wishful thinking. It may end up being the case, and it may not. There is nothing at all factual about your opinion.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hilarious... more wishful thinking. It may end up being the case, and it may not. There is nothing at all factual about your opinion.
Sure there is. But being a Philly fan you just don’t want to admit it. He tore 2 tendons. How do you think the Dr’s fixed that? When you figure that out, think about the injury and the fix.

Billyd

Reaction score
Okay so eagles fans never gloated about busting Romos collar bone....Right?

Now To say that Wentz is going to be fine, and a brace wont be a problem, or that it wont stop him from taking off every third down, is speculative at best..

Yes The medical industry does a good job of repairing these injuries and its pretty amazing..

I think If I was Howie or the person making the decision..Its a no brainer..I also think Foles probly be fine with whatever the team does..

Billyd

Reaction score
Wentz has a good arm..But i think his ability to scramble, plant, pivot, could all be affected.

INCIDENTLY .I had friends in another forum who were familar with Wentz well before he was a blip on the radar screen. I was exited to think we might have a shot to draft him before it was ever discussed in the press so I dont ever wish injurIes on nfl players..Thats low rent and the purview of other teams fans.

I also dont pat them on the bum and tell them all will be fine..Just like most other teams fans dont paint pretty fences about Jaylon Smith..

I hope that Wentz recovers fully and resumes his NFL career but to presume he will be the same player is ludicrous!!, Plan accordingly!

garyv

Reaction score
Comparing Wentz to RG3 is like comparing apples to oranges. RG3 needed the threat of him running to be an effective passer. Wentz has already shown he is capable of being effective from the pocket, in fact I think the coaching staff would prefer that he runs less often. If his escapabilty suffers due to his injury that may be a concern but that has as much to due with pocket presence as it does athletic ability.

As much as I love what Nick Foles accomplished last year if you have to pick one to keep it has to be Wentz.

Fortunately they don't have to make that decision until they are comfortable with Wentz's recovery.

This might be true and he maybe a better drop back passer however a good pass rush and a brace can restrict what he's
Done in the past. I personally think he'll still be good but I do think the Eagles as a whole will find things much tougher than last year. I don't think they are that much better than the Cowboys if at all.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
This might be true and he maybe a better drop back passer however a good pass rush and a brace can restrict what he's
Done in the past. I personally think he'll still be good but I do think the Eagles as a whole will find things much tougher than last year. I don't think they are that much better than the Cowboys if at all.
Even if you took the SB win off the table ( which you can’t) and took the 13-3 record off the table (which you can’t either) or the play off wins (you know) we won our games by 10.5 points on average. You? Your point differential was 1.2 on average. How is that not significantly better than you?
We lost players at basically the same positions as you except we lost a player widely considered the MVP of last year. And we kept winning. No, we didn’t lose players to suspension, sorry, we don’t have as many a-hole players. Yeah yeah Ewok was suspended for 6 games, you were 5-4 when he start his sit out.
Here’s the thing dude, you are going boy as good as what you’ve shown. That’s it. All the good vibes and I gotta feelin’ is crap. What’s on film? THAT my friend is the NFL! What happens this year is an unknown and the games will determine. But what I do know is, for all the stated reasons, we ARE significantly better than you. And you’ll have to live with that until proven otherwise. Life sucks, right?

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Even if you took the SB win off the table ( which you can’t) and took the 13-3 record off the table (which you can’t either) or the play off wins (you know) we won our games by 10.5 points on average. You? Your point differential was 1.2 on average. How is that not significantly better than you?
We lost players at basically the same positions as you except we lost a player widely considered the MVP of last year. And we kept winning. No, we didn’t lose players to suspension, sorry, we don’t have as many a-hole players. Yeah yeah Ewok was suspended for 6 games, you were 5-4 when he start his sit out.
Here’s the thing dude, you are going boy as good as what you’ve shown. That’s it. All the good vibes and I gotta feelin’ is crap. What’s on film? THAT my friend is the NFL! What happens this year is an unknown and the games will determine. But what I do know is, for all the stated reasons, we ARE significantly better than you. And you’ll have to live with that until proven otherwise. Life sucks, right?
You say what happens this year is unknown, but then go on to say that Philly is significantly better than Dallas. Interesting that you know the unknown. I believe that Philly is a good team and you have to give them the nod as the best team in football at this time. But not significantly better than the other NFCE teams. We'll see come September who is right.

garyv

Reaction score
I laugh at you my friend because have you looked at past history for returning champs ? The Eagles are better at some positions but the Cowboys are better at some positions themselves. I'll start with OL its younger, rated higher and locked up with contracts still 2023 only Collins is not but will be. I'll go to the Running game Ezekial Elliott much better than anything the Eagles have currently. By the way who is their RB ? DL Eagles get the edge but not by much. The Cowboys Pass Rush may turn out better. Linebacking with Vander Esch, Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee I would probably give the edge to the Cowboys. Secondary is a work in Progress but you might be surprised so clue me in on where the Eagles are stronger ?