If you could get two high 1st round picks for a 4th rounder would you make the trade?

If you could get two high 1st round picks for a 4th rounder would you make the trade?

• Total voters

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The 1sts will most likely be two top 10 picks as desperate bottom feeders would be the ones to entertain this trade.

Supporting cast keeps getting better and you can continue running the same systems already implemented.

If not, why wouldn't you take the picks?

are the Kennedys gunshy?

blumayne38

Reaction score
Luckily for the Prescott and the Cowboys they obviously don't agree with you. Hatred never gives you 20/20 vision.
What? How do you know they don’t agree with me? Because you ASSUME?? You’re just one of the delusional fans that thinks Dak can’t be replaced by a better more talented QB

blumayne38

Reaction score
The Bottom line here is that Dak could be replaced by 3rd 4th 5th or 6th rounder that may have more talent and a higher ceiling

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What you said before is wrong because the Raiders couldn't do that financially. I eluded to this earlier, the Raiders can not afford to do that. I asked you earlier, if your take on the Raiders was correct, why did they get rid of Cooper and Mack? If they are so good at evaluating talent, what happened with those two situations? And BTW, the Raiders have made no mention of getting rid of Carr, so far as I know of. The entire idea that the Raiders are not building around Carr because he isn't any good is a strawman, at this point. The Raiders have to cut costs, that's why they allowed Cooper and Mack to walk. This is not about Carr at all.
They didn’t let Mack and Cooper walk just because of money. There were other ways to free up money....

nathanlt

Reaction score
The 1sts will most likely be two top 10 picks as desperate bottom feeders would be the ones to entertain this trade.

Supporting cast keeps getting better and you can continue running the same systems already implemented.

If not, why wouldn't you take the picks?

I would take the first round picks for the next 35 years for a 4th rounder, if that were offered. For the record.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
They didn’t let Mack and Cooper walk just because of money. There were other ways to free up money....

No, there really wasn't. This was not about cap. This was about actual cash flow according to the article I read and how all of that worked, with regards to money that the team needed to have on hand. If you know something of this, explain. This was not just cap.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Although Armstrong has shown a little something something according to a few reports...Sure I would trade last years fourth rounder for two first rounders in this upcoming draft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, there really wasn't. This was not about cap. This was about actual cash flow according to the article I read and how all of that worked, with regards to money that the team needed to have on hand. If you know something of this, explain. This was not just cap.
Cooper was already under contract when they traded him. His money was accounted for.

CWR

Reaction score
The Bottom line here is that Dak could be replaced by 3rd 4th 5th or 6th rounder that may have more talent and a higher ceiling

Thats true with all but the most elite players at every position, so what's your point?

Could and would are entirely different.

Flamma

Reaction score
The OP could easily be put to the test by putting Dak on the non exclusive franchise tag and see if anyone bites. I don't think anyone would. But that's not an insult to Dak as only a handful of players in the entire league would be offered a contract in that situation.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah I said could and will eventually to make this a high powered offense again

We will see. I don't care how we get there as long as we do it soon. One point though is our offense was high powered under Dak in 16 and the beginning of 17. I wouldn't advocate throwing in the towel now as he did turn the corner after Coop arrived.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cooper was already under contract when they traded him. His money was accounted for.

I believe this is inaccurate. He was, and is under contract but the Cowboys assume the burden of that contract so the money was not "accounted for", as you say. Raiders assumed a little over 3 million of his salary and roster bonus last year, we took on the rest. This next year, his last year on this contract, I believe he is scheduled to make something like 14 Mil, which is on our books if the contract is not renegotiated.