If you could move anywhere in the US, which state and city would you move to?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
No wait!!! What was I thinking? If I can live anywhere? I’m living on the backlot of either Universal or Warner’s!!!!

aria

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, Aria. You don't have to answer, but my guess is you live in Grapevine. That is one my favorite places in the Metroplex and I am intrigued with the Main Street area, particularly after TexRail is complete.

I feel you on the landscape and the weather. Ironically, those are the two characteristics weighing heaviest on my not to decision. I really like Uptown in the Cityplace area and Cedars is starting to look like it could develop into something worthwhile. I would need to be near a DART station or some kind of light rail as I don't like traffic either and don't desire to do much urban driving. My guess is I am quite a bit older than you and it probably takes a little less to keep me entertained.

Your right about the NYC/lottery hit dynamic. To live an adequate lifestyle in the Big Apple, housing costs alone are an easy seven figures to purchase.
I actually live in McKinney, about 30 miles north of Dallas. It’s a growing city with plenty of more room to grow. The taxes are getting ridiculous though, they've raised our property tax to the max for several years now. They have plans to expand the DART line to McKinney one day but it currently stops in Plano which is about 5 miles south of McKinney.

As you alluded to, age and health of a lot to do with it and something most of us will have to deal with one day. Another advantage I forgot to mention is no state tax and the hospitals available in the North Texas/DFW area are plentiful. There’s about 7-8 major hospitals within 15 miles or so from McKinney that soecialize in everything from cardiac, strokes, Level 1 trauma and even most major burns now.

Also, just every suburb has their own mefical service/ambulances (part of the fire department) that have very short response times. I was just thinking about this because I recently got back on a vacation from Montana and was thinking to myself how screwed someone would be if something happened to them as were driving.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I actually live in McKinney, about 30 miles north of Dallas. It’s a growing city with plenty of more room to grow. The taxes are getting ridiculous though, they've raised our property tax to the max for several years now. They have plans to expand the DART line to McKinney one day but it currently stops in Plano which is about 5 miles south of McKinney.

As you alluded to, age and health of a lot to do with it and something most of us will have to deal with one day. Another advantage I forgot to mention is no state tax and the hospitals available in the North Texas/DFW area are plentiful. There’s about 7-8 major hospitals within 15 miles or so from McKinney that soecialize in everything from cardiac, strokes, Level 1 trauma and even most major burns now.

Also, just every suburb has their own mefical service/ambulances (part of the fire department) that have very short response times. I was just thinking about this because I recently got back on a vacation from Montana and was thinking to myself how screwed someone would be if something happened to them as were driving.
McKinney is really nice. Beautiful downtown area.

Londonboy

Reaction score
In the US? Let's see....Here are some in mind.

Las Vegas
Dallas
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Utah
Colorado
Arizona
Monmouth County, New Jersey
Ocean County, New Jersey (I sort of live there during the summer as I stay in Seaside Heights every year, love it there)
Kansas City
Overland Park
Time to start saving for a camper van.

aria

Reaction score
McKinney is really nice. Beautiful downtown area.
Yeah, I’m just a few blocks from there. I definitely wouldn’t have said what I said earlier if I lived on the west side of McKinney. Don’t get me wrong, it’s really nice just more commercialized/sterile and doesn’t have the same “vibe” as the downtown area.

To be honest, I haven’t been to downtown Grapevine in years and I’m it’s changed a lot like downtown McKinney. I’ve heard a lot of people say how much they like it, I should check it out.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I’m partial to both lakes and mountains so maybe Tahoe, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado, possibly Washington, or Oregon...