If you didn’t live through 90’s dynasty

Bigdog

Reaction score
The 70’s and 90’s were a good time to be a Cowboys fan. The 80’s especially the late 80’s not so good.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel sorry for you. It was a GREAT, Dominating time. Almost had 4 SB in a row.

I am content with having that as a great sports time in my life.

Cowboys won 3 SBs
Yankees won 4 WS in 5 years.

Cowboys are at 25 years with nothing.
Embarrassing playoff appearances.

It’s going to be like this ( clown show operations) for a long time.

JETS just passed 50 years... we prob give that a run.

At end of day. I’m ok with nostalgia of 90s. Not many can have a legit run like that.
Jerry can't live forever.

Stephen Jones is a hard-arse type with expectations of coaches & players. He kicked Dez and Garrett out the door.

McCarty won't get the Garrett treatment. He'll get 2 years if he does not win in 2021.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Does this mean JJ is going to start wearing sweat suits, and Stephen is going to use a bowl to get haircuts? Please say no.

Expect everything from this clown show

Al Davis passed away living the "Just win baby" gig

Our Al Davis is going to go to the grave dreaming of the "Triplets" he will not let go of it ... teams are in the 21st century and we are still stuck in the 90s

:cool:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a friend that is Lions fan for many years, he's not from that area so I was a little puzzled, and one time I asked him why he has stayed with them and even pointed out that the other North teams have all had their glory and Lions have never had any.

His response fits this thread perfectly. He looked at me and said "I am a fan, what else would I do"? I didn't have a response because I was coming from the position of a reward for being a fan, a payoff, and that didn't enter his mind.

Ya know what we are? We're dogs. Dogs give their unconditional love to humans and we do the same thing to our sports teams. And even an abused dog, like we feel as fans, will continue to come back for more.

That's why there are no teams with dog names, too much love. Cats? Lions, Tigers, Jaguars, oh my because ya mess with a cat, they don't forget. Ain't no forgiveness in a cat.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do feel bad for all the youngins who never got to experience those 90's Cowboys teams. And while it's been forever since we've even sniffed at the NFC championship game, at least I can say I've experienced the Cowboys winning championships!! Some of the younger crowd can only experience this by watching the old games on VHS/DVD, or other media of choice.
Yup, we saw some glory days for quite a while. Now, it's payback time - nothing but pain, ladies.

Flamma

Reaction score
The 2007 loss to the Giants was far worse than the Dez-in-Green-Bay game. In that game, Crayton would have won it for Dallas if he hadn't quit on his route with just a few seconds remaining in the game. He had his Giants defender totally beat but quit, thinking Romo wasn't throwing to him.

Furthermore, had Dallas won in 2007, it would have hosted the NFC title game at home the following week, whereas in 2014, it would have had to travel on the road to Seattle for the NFC title game.

2007 was most definitely the most-blown Cowboys opportunity to go to the Super Bowl in the past two decades.

Yep. That's what separates great WRs from ordinary one's. He also dropped a 3rd and 13 that would have had open space on a previous drive. The Giants then had a very good punt return that led to the lead.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Does this mean JJ is going to start wearing sweat suits, and Stephen is going to use a bowl to get haircuts? Please say no.
Now I would pay to see that clown show....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I feel sorry for you. It was a GREAT, Dominating time. Almost had 4 SB in a row.

I am content with having that as a great sports time in my life.

Cowboys won 3 SBs
Yankees won 4 WS in 5 years.

Cowboys are at 25 years with nothing.
Embarrassing playoff appearances.

It’s going to be like this ( clown show operations) for a long time.

JETS just passed 50 years... we prob give that a run.

At end of day. I’m ok with nostalgia of 90s. Not many can have a legit run like that.

Yep, the 90s under Jimmy were just fantastic!!!

True story.....last year I was cleaning out the closet in an old store room and my young daughter picked up the VHS tape of the Cowboy's SB win over the Buffalo Bills in Pasadena. She looked at me and asked "what is this thing with tape inside it daddy"?

Then it dawned on me she had never seen a VHS tape or a VHS machine ever before......man, I felt soooooooo old:laugh:

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
I was a kid so I lived through the dynasty but I have no memory of them. Moments I do remember are Troy/Michael getting hurt, E Smith breaking the record and then yall know the story from there

RD21

Reaction score
.........and I feel bad for fans who missed the Staubach/Landry era.
Agreed. They hooked me.

Growing up in Commander territory was interesting. All of my family members, & most of my friends were Skins fans. I only got to see Staubach play live once. Although, I saw a Landry coached team several times. The biggest game I ever went to was:

enhance

What a different era of football that was. So glad I got to witness it, & so many of the legends. The younger fans of today, don't know what they missed.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. They hooked me.

Growing up in Commander territory was interesting. All of my family members, & most of my friends were Skins fans. I only got to see Staubach play live once. Although, I saw a Landry coached team several times. The biggest game I ever went to was:

enhance

What a different era of football that was. So glad I got to witness it, & so many of the legends. The younger fans of today, don't know what they missed.

I think $17 buys a hot dog and drink now. :laugh:

RD21

Reaction score
I think $17 buys a hot dog and drink now. :laugh:
I think you'd bee looking at 100 times the price for a ticket of that caliber today, at least on the secondary market. That seat was front row, approx 45 yard line, behind the Cowboys bench. It was an awesome experience, except for the outcome of course..

In the interest of full disclosure, this ticket was $100, purchased on the secondary market. I was 12yrs old, & paid for this ticket myself.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
I wonder why some became fans of this team over the last 20 years, they're exactly like Browns and Lions fans and they deserve admiration.

I have the 70's and 90's and a hell of a lot of players to stoke my fanhood and keep me attached but what do they have? Pathetic playoff appearances and a clown show off the field.

Even the 80s had promise. We went to three straight NFC Championships with Danny White, and could have won two of them if not for good fortune for the other teams. Most remember "The Catch", but almost nobody remembers we were a finger tackle away from winning that game. Cowboys got the ball back after Clarks great grab, and White hit Hill (I think) on the slant he almost broke it. We were very close to field goal range, but White was hit by Dwayne Board and he fumbled...game over. Even though it was a loss, at least we were competitive.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you'd bee looking at 100 times the price for a ticket of that caliber today, at least on the secondary market. That seat was front row, approx 45 yard line, behind the Cowboys bench. It was an awesome experience, except for the outcome of course..

In the interest of full disclosure, this ticket was $100, purchased on the secondary market. I was 12yrs old, & paid for this ticket myself.

Money well spent.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
, but almost nobody remembers we were a finger tackle away from winning that game. Cowboys got the ball back after Clarks great grab, and White hit Hill (I think) on the slant he almost broke it. We were very close to field goal range, but White was hit by Dwayne Board and he fumbled...game over. Even though it was a loss, at least we were competitive.

It was Drew Pearson with a 25-30 yard pass catch who was horse collared down at about the 50 yard line by the last defender, enough time to win the game. He was so close to breakng the game and making for the greatest final 2 minutes in NFL history. But on the next play, Center Tom Rafferty was overrun, and the defensive kneman sacked Danny White and Danny fumbled. the ball.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
I grew up during the glory days of yesteryear, when there were three things sure in life: death, taxes and the Dallas Cowboys makng the playoffs.