If you had to make tough call and only keep 3 of 4, who walk, Coop, Dak, Zeke, DLaw?

Sydla

Reaction score
between the 4, Zeke is the only one with HOF potential and has played like one. do you get rid of a HOFer?

Of the four, the one most likely to see his production decline where you will be overpaying him for his production is the TB.

Sydla

Reaction score
I feel whennthis discussion comes up, for some, time stops...... like the players won’t get older when you sign them long term.

The guy you let walk is the guy most likely to see a decline in production relative to the money he’s making.

That’s likely the TB.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Still not grasping the team concept I see. And even using your standard you say Dak has accomplished more despite Keenum being in the NFC Championship.

oh he partly grasps the team concept. When we lose, it is all on the team. When we win, it is all on Dak. :huh:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
"Has accomplished more than so and so"

Blake Bottles has been to the AFC championship and has more playoff wins than Dak.

That must mean that Blake Bottles is a Winner, and well perhaps he has the It factor too. Those two reason on why Dak is the guy that his supporters keep flaunting are way overly abused. An Average quarterback can win on a talented team. Dak came in on a very talented team and was instantly successful. That was before he was figured out and his dink and dunk was very effective. There is nothing wrong with dinking and dunking btw, like others pointed out Brady can make a living off of that. The difference is that Brady has the ability to start throwing it deep on will and other teams know this about him and respect his deep game. Dak on the other hand players from other teams came out and bragged about how their defensive coordinator made them watch tape and that they had figured out Dak and that he can't throw it deep. That is being disrespected right there. I thought this year team was a quarterback away from being able to get to the super bowl. The Winner thing also is a thing of perspective. some people care about regular season wins, while others care about winning in the playoffs, and we have yet to get to a championship game after decades of waiting. Shoots Dak is a winner to some people for winning the week 17 team against one of the worst teams in the NFL in a game that the giants should want to lose and the Cowboy's didn't need to win.

Then there is the whole "IT" factor that is often times abused. I saw the "IT" factor in 2016, but I haven't seen it since. And I guess people define "IT" differently and so they can say Dak has it no mater what? Is the "IT" factor that dak sometimes takes the moment into his own hands and does something special? Yeah that is one of his good traits, but he hasn't been doing it every game. I guess he looks amazing, highlights film worthy to some people in all games. But to me in many of those wins he looked average this year, and I keep seeing him miss some very open receivers with very badly thrown balls. And then the dak crowd will say that every QB misses receivers, but I guess there are different levels of ugliness in missing to.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Rams game was meaningless too huh? Which games aren’t meaningless?
Week 17 is often a meaningless game, because it doesn't effect your standing in the playoffs, and often times does not change anything in the playoffs picture. Why are you asking this, even? I mean to ask such a thing hints at not knowing the basics of football. So you are wondering why a week 17 game is less meaningless than a division game in the playoffs now?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Of the four, the one most likely to see his production decline where you will be overpaying him for his production is the TB.

But on this team, the one who may have his production declined the most is the QB, because teams may have learned to game plan against him. We were 3-5 without Coop, our number 2 player, what if we are going to be just as bad without our number 1 player?

Batman1980

Reaction score
or it is the realization that the team will suck for the next 5 years or more because of an overpayed player who might not live up to the contract. Look at Greenbay and the price in talent they had to pay for paying their top guy. And that is for a top three player. Do the same for a quarterback that might just be avarage?

Prescott is above average, borderline elite.

conner01

Reaction score
Also Parcell's running back by comity approach weakened the position too I think. However, I think the trend on the running back value is changing with how teams are drafting them with high first round picks again. People might be using the easy answer that was true in the last era of the NFL, but we might be in a new era where the running backs are sought after again.
The really odd thing is teams with best running games are generally those with best rb’s

aria

Reaction score
I let Coop Walk. my first choice would have been Dak, and sign an interim QB but there aren't many in the market this year that would be a 2 year stop gap. Zeke is a HOFer in the making. Yes runners are easier to replace, but not Zeke type runners. he is special and as Zeke goes, so goes the team....
I think you meant “as the O line goes, so goes the team”. At least that would make more sense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Week 17 is often a meaningless game, because it doesn't effect your standing in the playoffs, and often times does not change anything in the playoffs picture. Why are you asking this, even? I mean to ask such a thing hints at not knowing the basics of football. So you are wondering why a week 17 game is less meaningless than a division game in the playoffs now?
I said the Rams game....is the Rams game meaningless?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I know everyone says Zeke but has everyone forgotten when Zeke was out those games?
In 2017, the offense did score 6 fewer points without Zeke, but it actually scored 15 fewer points without the starting OL.

2017 SCORING
with all 5 starting OL
300 points on 115 drives (2.61 points per drive)
27.5 points per game
without
40 points on 48 drives (1.20 points per drive)
12.6 points per game

with Zeke
237 points on 103 drives (2.30 points per drive)
24.2 points per game
without
103 points on 60 drives (1.72 points per drive)
18.1 points per game

Sydla

Reaction score
But on this team, the one who may have his production declined the most is the QB, because teams may have learned to game plan against him. We were 3-5 without Coop, our number 2 player, what if we are going to be just as bad without our number 1 player?

I don’t sign Elliott long term. It’s a bad decision IMO. I wouldn’t sign Prescott long term either. I’d make him play out this season.

But I could only choose one.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If th
I think you meant “as the O line goes, so goes the team”. At least that would make more sense.
Zeke did great two years Go.

He was great this yeaf.

We had great OL two years qas go. Everyone said OL was bad this year.

Zeke is special.

aria

Reaction score
If th

Zeke did great two years Go.

He was great this yeaf.

We had great OL two years qas go. Everyone said OL was bad this year.

Zeke is special.
Everyone here said the O line was bad. PFF and other professional analysts say otherwise. Last time I saw the rankings, which was a cfew weeks before the end of the regular season IIRC, they were top 10 overall.

No one said Zeke isn’t special but out of the players mentioned he would make the most sense to let walk. BTW, what happened to Zeke against Tenn, Washington, Carolina, Houston and the Rams? Why is it anytime he has a good game it’s because he’s that awesome but when he has a bad game it’s because of the O line?

Point being, RB’s are much more expendable for several reasons and should be treated as such. I’m not saying we would replace Zeke but if we keep the O line above average then we should be able to find a RB that is more than serviceable.

irishline

Reaction score
And carries and fumbles.

Tarik Cohen led RB's in fumbles, and I believe we already discussed how 12 of the last 15 NFL rushing leaders also led the league in carries (with the 3 who did not all being less than 10 carries behind. It's novel concept, I know, someone with the most carries also leading the league in rushing, so novel it happens almost every season).

And Zeke had literally half as many fumbles as Dak did last season (not trying to bash Dak, just pointing that out).

Last edited: