If you had to make tough call and only keep 3 of 4, who walk, Coop, Dak, Zeke, DLaw?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Geezus, this has become more difficult than necessary.

3-4 record with Zeke without Cooper.
8-3 record with Zeke and Cooper.
Is that not accurate?

I merely said you need the threat of one for the other to be successful.
It was intended to be a light-hearted "Confucius says..." type of deal
but I guess statistics and research has taken humor away from you... sad.

Lol... another light-hearted attempt.

Technically, they were 7-3 (inc. playoffs) together. Zeke did not play in week 17.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Yep, and "franchise positions" does not mean franchise talent.
So Zeke hasn't proven himself.
1st year 1600+ yards, rushing title in 14 1/2 games. 13-3 record, bye and home field throughout the playoffs. We win that game against GB if we stick to running the ball and our DC had any balls to keep sending the blitzes.
2nd year misses 6 games and we miss the playoffs by one game with a poorly coached team yet again.
3rd year 1st in the East and got to the second round of the playoffs only to lose to the 2nd best team in all of football with again a poorly coached team and offense.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Very few people on this planet throw deep more consistently than Dak. As I said, there's very little room to go up when Dak is already making cooper a top 6 WR. And very very very few people actually view Cooper as a top 6 WR individually.

You can spin it however you would like, but Dak makes Cooper better and Cooper makes Dak better.
:lmao::lmao2: This is why I can’t take y’all dakazoids seriously:facepalm:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
:lmao::lmao2: This is why I can’t take y’all dakazoids seriously:facepalm:

How many can?
Don't side step it either. I'm waiting

You posting the video earlier and claiming you dont see how it is biased is why no one takes you seriously :lmao2:

You've quoted me four times in what 10 hours? Without me replying. You are indeed infatuated with me.

cowboyfan4lyfe

Reaction score
The NFL is picking up a Transitional tag to go along with the Franchise tag starting next season or 2021. If Dallas can space these signings out. And get the players on board they can keep everyone.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So Zeke hasn't proven himself.
1st year 1600+ yards, rushing title in 14 1/2 games. 13-3 record, bye and home field throughout the playoffs. We win that game against GB if we stick to running the ball and our DC had any balls to keep sending the blitzes.
2nd year misses 6 games and we miss the playoffs by one game with a poorly coached team yet again.
3rd year 1st in the East and got to the second round of the playoffs only to lose to the 2nd best team in all of football with again a poorly coached team and offense.

Zeke has. Others, maybe not.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The problem with Zeke is he makes the entire thing go.

Our QB is far worse off and really our entire pass game becomes worse because of the matchups he provides for the WRs.

He’s a modern day Emmitt as far as importance.

"Our QB is far worse off and really our entire pass game becomes worse because of the matchups he provides for the WRs"

Cowboys yards per pass attempt with Zeke on the field over the last three seasons: 7.6

Cowboys yards per pass attempt without Zeke on the field over last three seasons: 7.56

Explosive pass % by year
2016: Zeke on- 16.5% Zeke off- 14.1%
2017: Zeke on- 9.4% Zeke off- 12.9%
2018: Zeke on 12.8% Zeke off- 16.8%

Zeke actually has zero impact on Dak's passing or the Cowboys passing game as a whole, and shouldn't even be compared as far as importance to Emmitt.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
"Our QB is far worse off and really our entire pass game becomes worse because of the matchups he provides for the WRs"

Cowboys yards per pass attempt with Zeke on the field over the last three seasons: 7.6

Cowboys yards per pass attempt without Zeke on the field over last three seasons: 7.56

Explosive pass % by year
2016: Zeke on- 16.5% Zeke off- 14.1%
2017: Zeke on- 9.4% Zeke off- 12.9%
2018: Zeke on 12.8% Zeke off- 16.8%

Zeke actually has zero impact on Dak's passing or the Cowboys passing game as a whole, and shouldn't even be compared as far as importance to Emmitt.

First off..What does yards per pass attempt have to do with Zeke getting WRs better matchups?

I’m guessing the yards per attempt go up when he is off the field because it’s probably 3rd and long.

Regardless.. My point still stands that defenses have to focus on Zeke and that allows for better matchups. Pretty obvious thing actually.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
There is no other hand. You are talking about judging from watching games, not this video, which is entirely different and not what I was talking about. Nobody would dispute that Brady is a much better QB, but watching this video does not provide an accurate portrayal of Dak any more than watching a video that is restricted to showing every completion over the season would. Videos can be created to make things appear any way the person who created it wants, and showing nothing but the bad (or nothing but the good) isn’t reality.

True, sorta like stats can be abused when taken out of context. My main thing is: there a lot of people who act like the guy does no wrong. If he has a bad game, it is the offensive line, zeek, the receivers, the coaches, etc. And this is followed up with a bunch of stats comparing him to quarterbacks who are proven to show how great he is. And then there are people who are in a rush to pay him, when the 2019 schedule is a good test to see how good Dak is, since 2019 should be a lot harder than this year. Lets see how Dak does against the Patriots next year, since we had people here claiming that he would've won the super bowl if he was there instead of Goff. >.>

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak, Zeke, and D-Law.

Wouldn't even bat an eye - not even hard for me. Bye Cooper, hope you do well elsewhere.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Very few people on this planet throw deep more consistently than Dak. As I said, there's very little room to go up when Dak is already making cooper a top 6 WR. And very very very few people actually view Cooper as a top 6 WR individually.

You can spin it however you would like, but Dak makes Cooper better and Cooper makes Dak better.
:facepalm: You claim that I am the spin master after that whopper of a first sentence...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
First off..What does yards per pass attempt have to do with Zeke getting WRs better matchups?

I’m guessing the yards per attempt go up when he is off the field because it’s probably 3rd and long.

Regardless.. My point still stands that defenses have to focus on Zeke and that allows for better matchups. Pretty obvious thing actually.

First off you said the entire passing game gets worse, do you not think yards per attempt and the passing game correlate?

You're guessing again.

Lol and no, whether a good RB is in the back field or not, it doesnt affect the WR match ups. Are you thinking they put a CB on Zeke....?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, sorta like stats can be abused when taken out of context. My main thing is: there a lot of people who act like the guy does no wrong. If he has a bad game, it is the offensive line, zeek, the receivers, the coaches, etc. And this is followed up with a bunch of stats comparing him to quarterbacks who are proven to show how great he is. And then there are people who are in a rush to pay him, when the 2019 schedule is a good test to see how good Dak is, since 2019 should be a lot harder than this year. Lets see how Dak does against the Patriots next year, since we had people here claiming that he would've won the super bowl if he was there instead of Goff. >.>
The problem is too many posters seem to only be capable of viewing things in extremes, as if things are only all good or all bad, and that’s almost never the case.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
First off you said the entire passing game gets worse, do you not think yards per attempt and the passing game correlate?

You're guessing again.

Lol and no, whether a good RB is in the back field or not, it doesnt affect the WR match ups. Are you thinking they put a CB on Zeke....?

I don’t think the passing game is better with Zeke off the field.

If the yards per attempt are higher I’d imagine it’s because of the situation more then it has to do with Seke being on the field.