If you had to make tough call and only keep 3 of 4, who walk, Coop, Dak, Zeke, DLaw?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Top 6? Based on what?

Even if you ignore the games in Oakland (which were very similar except for the two immediately before the trade where he had a combined 1 catch), and extrapolate his time in Dallas over a full season, it would put him in the 16-17 (as opposed to the 21st - in 15 games - he ended up at) range as far as yards.

Wait....what?

You think that 896 yards(81.45 ypg) and 7 TDs in 11 games is "very similiar" to 280 yards(47 ypg) and 1 TD in 6 games???

The 81.45 YPG would put Cooper 12th amongst WRs and of the WRs above him in that category only Hopkins, Hill, Adam's, Brown, and Thomas are near him in TDs per game.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I acknowledge your white flag and accept your surrender.
16tovu.jpg

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The problem is too many posters seem to only be capable of viewing things in extremes, as if things are only all good or all bad, and that’s almost never the case.

That's true. Really we have nothing left now than to hope Dak improves this off season and shows with a first place schedule that he is worth as much as he thinks he is.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Wait....what?

You think that 896 yards(81.45 ypg) and 7 TDs in 11 games is "very similiar" to 280 yards(47 ypg) and 1 TD in 6 games???

The 81.45 YPG would put Cooper 12th amongst WRs and of the WRs above him in that category only Hopkins, Hill, Adam's, Brown, and Thomas are near him in TDs per game.

Did you read the part about except the last 2 games in Oakland (and I was not factoring in playoff games)? He started the season with 270 yards in 4 games, two of which were 100+ yard games, and 2 where he had next to nothing - similar to here where 2 of his 9 regular season games account for over half of his yardage.

I erred and factored him having 10 regular season games here instead of 9 (his 2 byes is throwing me). So, he would have been 12th in yards, and 5th/6th (right with a huge group of other guys) in TDs, if you extrapolate. Of course, considering how many games his stats were very unimpressive, I don't feel it's likely they would extrapolate as much as we'd hope they would. But you think, 12th in yards and 5/6 in TD makes someone top 6?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Did you read the part about except the last 2 games in Oakland (and I was not factoring in playoff games)? He started the season with 270 yards in 4 games, two of which were 100+ yard games, and 2 where he had next to nothing - similar to here where 2 of his 9 regular season games account for over half of his yardage.

I erred and factored him having 10 regular season games here instead of 9 (his 2 byes is throwing me). So, he would have been 12th in yards, and 5th/6th (right with a huge group of other guys) in TDs, if you extrapolate. Of course, considering how many games his stats were very unimpressive, I don't feel it's likely they would extrapolate as much as we'd hope they would. But you think, 12th in yards and 5/6 in TD makes someone top 6?

No, he was actually 2nd or 3rd in TDs. So yeah between having 12th mkst receiving yards per game and 2nd/3rd most TDs per game that's put you in the 6th best receiver area. Especially considering two of the players with more yards were less than 2 yards per game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'd say the Jags game was better. More points, against a much better defense, and they let up in the 2nd half.
I don't even see how people can pump up that glorified scrimmage against the Giants. It massively skewed some stats too.
But hey, at least no major injuries.

Any argument for momentum carryover for the playoffs was proven wrong in the Seattle game. Our offense certainly didn't set the world on first in the first quarter of that game.

Last edited:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I don't even see how people can pump up that glorified scrimmage against the Giants. It massively skewed some stats too.
But hey, at least no major injuries.

Any argument for momentum carryover for the playoffs was proven wrong in the Seattle game. Our offense certainly didn't set the world on first in the first quarter of that game.

There used to be a time when fans knew what a Week 17 game was for a team that had already clinched the playoffs...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"Our QB is far worse off and really our entire pass game becomes worse because of the matchups he provides for the WRs"

Cowboys yards per pass attempt with Zeke on the field over the last three seasons: 7.6

Cowboys yards per pass attempt without Zeke on the field over last three seasons: 7.56

Explosive pass % by year
2016: Zeke on- 16.5% Zeke off- 14.1%
2017: Zeke on- 9.4% Zeke off- 12.9%
2018: Zeke on 12.8% Zeke off- 16.8%

Zeke actually has zero impact on Dak's passing or the Cowboys passing game as a whole, and shouldn't even be compared as far as importance to Emmitt.
well, this stats you just outlined proves what I have been saying all along. With Zeke this doing well and going over 100 yards, we were 9-1 and when zeke struggled or didn't play we were 2-6....the passing yards were all over the place, so it wasn't the passing game that made the difference, it was Zeke. Last year when Zeke played prior to suspension we are 5-1, zeke gets suspended we go 3-3...

this offense is built around Zeke. not Dak.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
this is the year. he either improves and shows or he is out. so is garrett.

Yup I think its the smart thing, rather than the people who want to pay him before the season even starts. It almost feels like they know they're wrong about him and want him to get his payday thinking he can't handle a first place schedule. Or what else are they so scared of?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the running back is the least important in todays nfl the rams pickup a discard of the pile and went to the superbowl you need a running back but pass rusher and cb and qb are more important

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Zeke Elliott is the best player on the field during most games in which he plays. NOT the best Dallas Cowboys player - THE best player on the field. Good luck if you're thinking it's gonna be easy to replace some reasonable fraction of his production. It ain't.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Zeke Elliott is the best player on the field during most games in which he plays. NOT the best Dallas Cowboys player - THE best player on the field. Good luck if you're thinking it's gonna be easy to replace some reasonable fraction of his production. It ain't.
You would think it’s obvious, but apparently not...