If you had to make tough call and only keep 3 of 4, who walk, Coop, Dak, Zeke, DLaw?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, it's hard to find a "franchize QB" in this league you're right...

But, bus driving QBs are a dime a dozen...

You could plug in Case Keenum, Blake Bottles, Teddy Bridgewater or any other journeyman QB in this offense (and ask him to do what Dak does just play it safe) and still have the same bottom third passing attack in the league.

Dak is the easiest to replace if you're being realistic.
Except Dak has accomplished more than all 3 of those trash quarterbacks....and has a higher winning percentage than all of them.

starcity214

Reaction score
Except Dak has accomplished more than all 3 of those trash quarterbacks....and has a higher winning percentage than all of them.

"Has accomplished more than so and so"

Blake Bottles has been to the AFC championship and has more playoff wins than Dak.

Shows how much you know about football ,the ultimate team sport, when you start saying a QB is good because he has "wins" as a starter..

I , being a sane football fan, know that Jacksonville won despite the horrid QB known as Blake Bottles.

Case Keenum posted similar stats to Dak the year the Vikings got rid of him.

My point was, our team isn't dependant on a QB winning with his arm. All we need is a guy that takes sacks instead of turnovers and makes a couple throws a game..

I'd say those guys I mentioned could manage doing that..

If you think those QBs are trash, why do you defend Dak? He's basically on their level.

Those QBs have also had 13 win seasons.

starcity214

Reaction score
Still not grasping the team concept I see. And even using your standard you say Dak has accomplished more despite Keenum being in the NFC Championship.

He's probably on Dak's payroll..

Both Blake Bottles and Case Keenum have gone further and "won" more playoff games than Dak.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Agreed with your conclusion, but your lack of mentioning Cooper is noteworthy.

We saw the team before and after we got him... I do think losing DLaw is an easier pill to swallow thank Dak, Zeke, or Cooper. Plus cap wise, he'll be the second most expensive after Dak, so financially it makes keeping the next wave of Jaylon, Jones, etc; more possible.
Sign Cooper and Zeke now :hammer::hammer::hammer:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Still not grasping the team concept I see. And even using your standard you say Dak has accomplished more despite Keenum being in the NFC Championship.
What did Keenum do this year? Or the year before last? You guys want to use the team concept argument in your posts only when it helps your argument. But if we lose it’s only because one person.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
"Has accomplished more than so and so"

Blake Bottles has been to the AFC championship and has more playoff wins than Dak.

Shows how much you know about football ,the ultimate team sport, when you start saying a QB is good because he has "wins" as a starter..

I , being a sane football fan, know that Jacksonville won despite the horrid QB known as Blake Bottles.

Case Keenum posted similar stats to Dak the year the Vikings got rid of him.

My point was, our team isn't dependant on a QB winning with his arm. All we need is a guy that takes sacks instead of turnovers and makes a couple throws a game..

I'd say those guys I mentioned could manage doing that..

If you think those QBs are trash, why do you defend Dak? He's basically on their level.

Those QBs have also had 13 win seasons.
I defend Dak because he’s better than those journeyman qbs....Blake Bortles is a future journeyman. He’s terrible.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am still not certain why Broaddus introduced a wide receiver into his consideration. Is Elliott supposedly down the food chain to Cooper in a run-oriented offense?

Elliott is also the one most likely to see a decrease in performance over that 2nd contract given his wear and tear and the nature of the position he plays.