If you had to pick one of these guys for the next 3 years

Kage

Reaction score
If you had to pick one of these guys for the next 3 years :

D-Law
Taco
Gregory

Sounds simple, but take into account contract, off field risk, injury history.

I think I would still go D-Law, but Taco is relatively cheap and no off field or injury issues.

Gregory is cheap and huge potential, but one mess up from being out of the league.

blueblood70

Reaction score
very premature right now it has to be Dlaw hes the only one that has been Productive and on the field.. you cant choose until after the season..lets let this playout and Dorance Armstrong will also be thrown into the mix..i like to see real game action all this TC excitement is HYPE..when the lights come on and teams game plan and have their Olines playing real blocking schemes, we will see whos real.. so Dlaw already achieved this and given the other side might be improved he could have 20 sacks this year, then what? hes still young if he makes it through 15-16 games and has 20 sacks? harder choice then isn't it?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

D-Law
Taco
Gregory

I think I would still go D-Law, but Taco is relatively cheap and no off field or injury issues.

Gregory is cheap and huge potential, but one mess up from being out of the league.

?

Verdict

Reaction score

D-Law
Taco
Gregory

It depends on how they do going forward and what the internal information is. Lawrence is the known quantity but he will be expensive.

If Gregory can stay clean and his head screwed on strIght you could keep Gregory and Taco for less than what DLaw will cost you.

John813

Reaction score
D-Law, easily.

Taco is still a project of some sort, with upside.
Gregory has potential to be elite, but one more failed test and he could be suspended indefinitely.

Lawrence is only 26. Can easily get a 5 or so years out of him, even with the injury concerns.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

D-Law
Taco
Gregory

It is simple, How is this even a debate.....it's a no brainer.....D-Law..He's a proven commodity!

JustChip

Reaction score
Of those 3, it has to be D Law. However, a what-if scenario in another thread asked would you take (2) 1sts for D Law. I think I'd do that and roll with Gregory, Taco and Armstrong.

Verdict

Reaction score
Of those 3, it has to be D Law. However, a what-if scenario in another thread asked would you take (2) 1sts for D Law. I think I'd do that and roll with Gregory, Taco and Armstrong.

No one is going to give up two first for DLaw and pay him too, but yeah that would be sweet. One first and a contract is a lot in the salary cap era.

The only position it might be worth giving up two firsts and paying a guy is a franchise QB that has proven he can get it done.

The Patriots should have kept Garoppolo and traded Brady as suggested by the Hoodie. What would they have received back in terms of compensation? Brady had maybe three good years left (maybe) at the top of his game.

They could have probably traded him for three first and three second round picks to team on the cusp like Minnesota, Denver, or someone like that.

Verdict

Reaction score

If we could get one first round pick for DLaw you probably do that deal. You could move up for whatever pass rusher you want with that first and your own first if you wanted to go that route and you save that $20 m per year contract.

JustChip

Reaction score
No one is going to give up two first for DLaw and pay him too, but yeah that would be sweet. One first and a contract is a lot in the salary cap era.

The only position it might be worth giving up two firsts and paying a guy is a franchise QB that has proven he can get it done.

The Patriots should have kept Garoppolo and traded Brady as suggested by the Hoodie. What would they have received back in terms of compensation? Brady had maybe three good years left (maybe) at the top of his game.

They could have probably traded him for three first and three second round picks to team on the cusp like Minnesota, Denver, or someone like that.

I agree. It was just a what-if someone posed.

Just from the sheer business side of it, trading Brady was the smart thing to do. But can you imagine the fan backlash? Think about it in terms of had Tex and Tom traded Staubach. That said, it's not without some precedence, at least in terms of moving on from a legend. The 49ers did it with Montana and the Colts with Manning. And they got nothing in return since they just let them walk.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
While at the Texas Rose...

"Bartender, I want the whole bottle!"
hH8Yer4.jpg

;):eek::D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glad that the Cowboys don't have to make that choice.

Opposing QB's will wish they did!

InTheZone

Reaction score

D-Law
Taco
Gregory

Easy answer, DLaw. Gregory and Taco have yet to show any resemblance of a good run defender. Taco hasn't shown the ability to get to the QB and Gregorys finesse hasn't helped in creating pressure.

DeMarcus can play the run and pass as good as any DE in the league.