If you must take a corner at 10 which one are you taking?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, I was wondering why people were leaving Samuel out of the mix.
He gets knocked for size. But his dad was small too. Im not saying JR. will he as good as his dad, but he is a much better athlete and has alot of the same instincts his dad had. Length has become so coveted in CB's, that guys under 6' get knocked harder than they should

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
I personally like Horn’s film better. Surtain is the better athlete who makes more eye catching plays, but Horn is a more fundamentally sound player who doesn’t get beat deep and really seems to understand zones and how to pass people off.

See I feel the exact opposite of the two. I think Horn has the better potential. But an argument could be made both ways. I would be happy to land either one.

morasp

Reaction score
Surtain
Horn
Newsome

All three grade out higher than Diggs did last year but they will all probably be picked higher too.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'd take Horn over Surtain. 4.39 is nothing to sneeze about and that is what the Cowboys need in their backfield.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I love Surtain but I also want a reason to love Horne too. Like I said before Horne game against Auburn was some of the best cornerback play I have ever seen but then it hit me that Bo Nix is not a good quarterback. Horne draftnicks say they love the “Dog” mentality that he has because he covered Pitts. You know who was a “Dog” for the Cowboys back in the day Jenkins from South Florida and look how that turned out.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Horn.

But then I'm heading to the hospital to get my stomach pumped.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I personally like Horn’s film better. Surtain is the better athlete who makes more eye catching plays, but Horn is a more fundamentally sound player who doesn’t get beat deep and really seems to understand zones and how to pass people off.

i bet the cowboys feel the same.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
It’s the exact opposite lol

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking the thread ....but I’m taking Parsons at 10 and the CB in the 2nd... instant upgrade.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Regarding taking a corner, if we are talking Detroit pizza I am all in!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm inclined to think Surtain offers us the best combination of both run and passing coverage to award the most success. ;)
In the event he's gone before our turn arrives, let's hope that we'd select the best alternative, whomever that would be! :grin:

Last edited:

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Surtain is a no brainer. He's plug and play.

Yep, feel you plug him in and don't have to worry about the position for the next 8 years. I think those hesistant think about Surtain Sr. He was a very good NFL corner making 3 pro bowls and 37 Ints during his career, but wasn't a hall of fame career. If that is Surtain Jr. floor sign me up.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I really want to take Horn but missing at 10 can be a catastrophe. Surtain’s bust rate is much lower than Horn so that’s they way I go

Mannix

Reaction score
Don’t write off Chuckles talking Booger into not drafting a DB, and just resigning Nolan Carroll.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You may be the first person to say ever that Horn is better fundamentally than Surtain. Surtain's technique is second to none in this draft.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, feel you plug him in and don't have to worry about the position for the next 8 years. I think those hesistant think about Surtain Sr. He was a very good NFL corner making 3 pro bowls and 37 Ints during his career, but wasn't a hall of fame career. If that is Surtain Jr. floor sign me up.

His dad was a great player in Jimmy Johnson's Dolphin defense. But, you have maintain that for at least 5-6+ years to become HOF material. But equally important, look at Alabama's WR core the past 3 seasons. Those are the guys Surtain goes up against every day in practice. Bama has had an NFL caliber WR core for many years. After this draft, it will be FIVE 1st round WRs in the past 3 drafts. Surtain won't see anything in the NFL he didn't see every day at Alabama.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just so we play fair,, Im taking Deommodore Lenoir, CB, Oregon.
Currently ranked as a 6 round prospect, just so that we give the rest of the league a fair chance in the draft.
On a serious note, if pressed into the OPs situational format,, considering that Quinn obviously has established a buyers card status
with this FO, then its obviously Surtain vs Horn, and we are cracking walnuts here, its too close to call.
If you follow Quinns DB history, height isnt a prerequisite to play in his secondary, he values and covets speed/agility much more with his DBs.
If Im sitting in a Starbucks with Quinn and we are discussing this subject mano e mano, Horn would actually be Quinns choice if both were available,
but even if Jerry gets his way with Surtain,, than its not a big deal,, pun intended.
We are cracking walnuts here.

heir

Reaction score
Surtain. He is smooth and fundamentally strong While I like Horn I feel he is too grabby and will get flagged like crazy in the NFL. It worried me a lot.