If you owned the team, what would you do?

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Hire a GM…
Take a back seat and see what happens…
Be seen on the screens at home games drinking Jerry’s bottles of Johnny Walker blue label that he wasn’t permitted to take with him…

Tractor1

Reaction score
I'd let McCarthy go and try to hire Chris Petersen to be the head coach. Keep Kellen, and Quinn if possible. Kick Demarcus Lawrence to the curb along with LVE, Tyron, Conner Williams, and Zeke.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
There is no cap on salaries for coaches, assistants, scouts, trainers and even waterboy....i would make sure we would get the best of the best...no nepotism, no pets, no charities.....its all business and everyone will be held accountable on doing their job. As the owner, i would sit up there and just cheer on the team, but keep my pie hole shut, no radio shows, no pre game or post game interviews, no nonsense. My GM would make sure every single coach is on the same page and knows what kind of team we want to be. This includes the scouts so they can search for those kind of players in particular. Look for players who are obviously talented at their position, but also hungry, driven, goal oriented, tough, football smart, and coachable. It of course will require putting a matchstick to this mess and starting over after removing all the ashes. But after the first few rebuilding years, fans will see the progress and the plan and will embrace and cheer our successes together. I would give the fans free parking. That is the biggest crock of cow manure ever dreamt of to screw the fans even further. ......One last thing, take down that monstrosity of a screen and set it up outside like a drive in theatre where fans who are not able to enter when it is sold out, can watch.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I would immediately hold a press conference and announce to the fans that I am sorry but it is going to be a tough few years because the last idiot screwd the pooch.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Fire MM
Let KM take another job.
Make Dan Quinn the new coach of the Dallas Cowboys.
Find out who really wants to win as a Cowboy by:
Pull in DLaw and Coop and tell them their new salary for the next 3 years is 10 million or you will cut. Each contract will have 2 Million in incentives any year the DC win the SB
Cut Jarwin
Do not resign Connor Williams. He is a walking penalty.
Offer Gregory a 3 year 21 Million deal with a 2 million dollar incentive any year the DC win the SB
Kick L Collins inside to G. Steele is the new starting RT
Offer Schultz 5 year 45 million.
Offer LVE 4 year 20 million with same SB incentive
Restructure deals as necessary to make the above work.
Sign Gallup if Coop is cut
Pull Zeke in for a talk. You can restructure now at a lower salary and be a Cowboy for life or 2022 will be your last year.
Pull Dak in and tell him the door is always open to hear about OL or WR he likes in FA. Of course any of his ideas would come with him kicking in some of his salary. You know, him being a team guy and all.:rolleyes:

Draft

First 5 rounds need to be 2 OL, 2DL, 1 LB
7th rd needs to be the best kicker coming out of college

Fix the freakin light shining o the field. So dumb this was not addressed already

Make the preseason games fun with drink specials to get interest in attendance. Season Ticket holder relief:)

I am sure there is more, but I have to go.

So, its your team, what would you do?

Fire the GM and anyone related to him. The end!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Cash them huge checks. And put in a good HC. Let McClay draft. And collect them huge checks..

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
On offense, I look for a replacement for Williams, draft some young OL help. I keep Zeke through next year knowing he's a cap casualty in 2023. I release Cooper because I feel confident that I get ROI with the rest of my group if I can retain Wilson/Turner on the cheap. I resign Gallup as he's likely a cheap option coming back from injury even if it's a one year, prove it contract. I only bring back Schultz if it's a fair deal simply because I'm not going to pay him top five money when he's not a Kelce/Kittle type.

On defense, I let Gregory get more coin somewhere else if he can it. Guys like Armstrong, Neal, Watkins could come back on reasonable salaries. I move on from LVE and make a concerted effort to give Kearse a bit more money and years. Guys like Urban or Bernard don't get re-upped as I'm just not seeing anything from them.

Finally, I use the draft as a true BPI tool. I don't feel we have one position that screams upgrades as we have a few pieces that need some new paint. Don't be afraid to trade down from #24 if the value isn't there and someone's dangling a future #1 and fillers to nab a QB.

Ben7

Reaction score
Fire MM
Let KM take another job.
Make Dan Quinn the new coach of the Dallas Cowboys.
Find out who really wants to win as a Cowboy by:
Pull in DLaw and Coop and tell them their new salary for the next 3 years is 10 million or you will cut. Each contract will have 2 Million in incentives any year the DC win the SB
Cut Jarwin
Do not resign Connor Williams. He is a walking penalty.
Offer Gregory a 3 year 21 Million deal with a 2 million dollar incentive any year the DC win the SB
Kick L Collins inside to G. Steele is the new starting RT
Offer Schultz 5 year 45 million.
Offer LVE 4 year 20 million with same SB incentive
Restructure deals as necessary to make the above work.
Sign Gallup if Coop is cut
Pull Zeke in for a talk. You can restructure now at a lower salary and be a Cowboy for life or 2022 will be your last year.
Pull Dak in and tell him the door is always open to hear about OL or WR he likes in FA. Of course any of his ideas would come with him kicking in some of his salary. You know, him being a team guy and all.:rolleyes:

Draft

First 5 rounds need to be 2 OL, 2DL, 1 LB
7th rd needs to be the best kicker coming out of college

Fix the freakin light shining o the field. So dumb this was not addressed already

Make the preseason games fun with drink specials to get interest in attendance. Season Ticket holder relief:)

I am sure there is more, but I have to go.

So, its your team, what would you do?

You have some Really Good suggestions!!! :starspin::clap::yourock::starspin:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hire Risen as the GM
Hire Ranching as the HC
Get a QB thru the draft or Fa market.
Cut Prescott, I got plenty of cash.
Hire Prescott as GM of Public relations.
Hire Catch17 as OC
Hire Khiladi as DC
Hire Mountaineer Cowboys as STC.
Hire PAPPYDOG as the official team mascot.
Hire Swagger, 5Star, Captain-Crash as assistant coaches.
Hire Rockport art and entertainment director.

The above personnel would have a better chance of winning a Superbowl simply because the name Jones is nowhere to be found!!

Fmart322

Reaction score
I would hire Troy Aikman as my HC and keep my nose out of his business. I would spend money on coaches for him to do his job. I would let Will McClay handle all of players and salaries. I would get Michael Irvin involved somehow as well.

I'm not saying Troy knows how to coach a team to win super bowls but he knows what it takes to get there.
He loves the Cowboys and deep down he hates it that were always failing.
They would not allow this team to be publicly humiliated under their watch.