If you owned the team, what would you do?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Draft a QB in the first round.
1st I'd see if Dak would wave his trading clause. If not, I'd let him know that there's a chance that after we draft a new QB, there's a HUGE chance said QB will take over.
Then I would see what I can get for Martin/Amari. If I get a #1 or 2 #1s or a 1 and a 2, I'd use that in a package to move up and snag one of those QBs. I know the QB pool isn't primo or anything, but we have to try. In 3 years let Dak walk.

Meanwhile, I would rebuild this offensive and defensive line.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Again DQ is a quality man. He will not accept a job that required te man that hired him be fired. Iberflus didn’t do it to Nelli. It’s unfortunate but no JJ will lose DQ to Denver.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It would have to begin with firing our VP and GM. They have been the two constant throughout this era.

Scotman

Reaction score
I turn it over to Will McClay for all of the day-to-day decisions including personnel. Spend whatever is necessary for McClay to build the best coaching staff that an NFL team has ever assembled. I tell Stephen his only job is to make sure McClay can do whatever he wants. Stephen needs to make the numbers work...period.

Beyond that? Just make sure that everyone knows that if McClay and his staff don't think you're doing what you need to do that they have full authority to get you gone. True accountability. My job? I might work with Ben & Jerrys to come up with a great Cowboys' team ice cream or something.

slick325

Reaction score
Not be involved from "socks to jocks". Hire football people to do football things. I also would not have a radio show or post-game interview outside of the locker room. I would be sure to instill an atmosphere that says the HC is in charge. No running to the owner or GM. Buy, I would hold my GM and HC accountable because they are the only individuals that have a won/loss record in my book. Not the QB. Just the team, HC and GM.

Personally, I think the above makes them a better organization.

kwcool619

Reaction score
If I owned the team:
I must be the example of the Championship Consciousness and Mindset that I am setting for the organization while incorporating a Championship Culture and having Championship expectations (because if I am not serious no one else will be). I realize I will not win the Super Bowl every year, but expect maximum effort and hard work. I expect discipline, accountability, a team environment, responsibility, honesty from my employees. Yes we can have fun too.

Hire a trusted front office, staff and hire a Football and Business knowledgeable General Manager who shares the same vision and goals and make hires who can elevate to the next level. I will let this person handle football operations without meddling.

Have an open door policy from executives to coaches to players to custodial crew to mascot.

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
Complete rebuild. Pick from talented youngsters. It would probably take a few years to do it.

And, I'm not over-paying anyone.

plasticman

Reaction score
I would form a six man committee composed of respected former players, some coaches, and personnel experts within the organization. Their task would be to find the best qualified GM for the Dallas Cowboys. They, themselves, would not be excluded.

I would hope to have committee members like Troy Aikman, Calvin Hill, Gil Brandt, Jimmy Johnson, Will McClay, etc. They would conduct the interviews and vetting process to come up with the most qualified, available person in all of football.

Then I would give that person the keys and tell him that the next time I would see him would be in five years unless it would be to hoist the Lombardi. After five years I either keep him or look elsewhere.

Most importantly, I would get out of his way.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Start to rebuild the offensive line. Dak was bad in the playoffs but if you want to look subjectively at the Broncos, Chiefs, and Cardinals losses as well you will see how poorly the Cowboys played up front.

For example, the Cowboys could have put a traffic cone at left guard instead of Connor Williams against the 49ers and have gotten similar results.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fire MM
Let KM take another job.
Make Dan Quinn the new coach of the Dallas Cowboys.
Find out who really wants to win as a Cowboy by:
Pull in DLaw and Coop and tell them their new salary for the next 3 years is 10 million or you will cut. Each contract will have 2 Million in incentives any year the DC win the SB
Cut Jarwin
Do not resign Connor Williams. He is a walking penalty.
Offer Gregory a 3 year 21 Million deal with a 2 million dollar incentive any year the DC win the SB
Kick L Collins inside to G. Steele is the new starting RT
Offer Schultz 5 year 45 million.
Offer LVE 4 year 20 million with same SB incentive
Restructure deals as necessary to make the above work.
Sign Gallup if Coop is cut
Pull Zeke in for a talk. You can restructure now at a lower salary and be a Cowboy for life or 2022 will be your last year.
Pull Dak in and tell him the door is always open to hear about OL or WR he likes in FA. Of course any of his ideas would come with him kicking in some of his salary. You know, him being a team guy and all.:rolleyes:

Draft

First 5 rounds need to be 2 OL, 2DL, 1 LB
7th rd needs to be the best kicker coming out of college

Fix the freakin light shining o the field. So dumb this was not addressed already

Make the preseason games fun with drink specials to get interest in attendance. Season Ticket holder relief:)

I am sure there is more, but I have to go.

So, its your team, what would you do?

It's a nice start.
Hire a real GM.
Draft another QB and bring in real QB free agents.
Open up real position competition. Reward contributors and pull those who consistently flounder. Same for Assistant Coaches.
Don't let Jerry meddle.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hire Risen as the GM
Hire Ranching as the HC
Get a QB thru the draft or Fa market.
Cut Prescott, I got plenty of cash.
Hire Prescott as GM of Public relations.
Hire Catch17 as OC
Hire Khiladi as DC
Hire Mountaineer Cowboys as STC.
Hire PAPPYDOG as the official team mascot.
Hire Swagger, 5Star, Captain-Crash as assistant coaches.
Hire Rockport art and entertainment director.

The above personnel would have a better chance of winning a Superbowl simply because the name Jones is nowhere to be found!!

Assistant? Hmm? I might work for you, however, I will need $40,000.00 a year.

But, I'm a busy guy...got some TV ad's to go on...I need to sell me some beds. We could work it out...call my brother, Dat. Do you have an opening in Rockport's department? I play some mean gui8ar. Then I could hang out with the cheerleaders.

Anyway, if I owned this team...time to sell and pay for the time spend,,,